The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > How four generations of Chinese in Australia spend their wealth > Comments

How four generations of Chinese in Australia spend their wealth : Comments

By Barry Li, published 31/7/2017

The first generation of the 'New Chinese' – the Chinese baby boomers – grew up experiencing harsh living conditions.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Fascinating article. But what about the many generations of Chinese in Australia before, say, the 1960s ? My kids have a Chinese gr-gr-gr-gr-grandfather (Ang Hee) active in SA in the 1850s, my own grandfather was part-raised by a Chinese bloke up in the Gulf country in the 1880s. When I went to school in Darwin, there was a large and active Chinese community and many businesses there whose ancestors had been there well back in the nineteenth century. I went to the funeral of a lovely old Chinese bloke who had been born in Darwin in 1894, but could never exercise his rights as a citizen. Go, DCRC !
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 31 July 2017 9:10:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
15 million died as a consequence of food shortages in the sixties? And as a result of the war on culture? Democracy?

Not an number or a word!

And if simply said quickly enough? not able to register, that in Australia, that 15 million, would have likely been more than our entire population at that time.

And there's a certain amount of arrogance in how easy it is for gen x to buy Australian real estate?

My native born chinese rallies would be horrified by the apparent lack of discernable human empathy in the writer, who seems to think upmarket restaurants are the be all and end all of living in a rapidly changing Australia!

Where the great Australian dream of owning your own home has morphed into the great Australian dream of owning someone else's home.

It's one thing for an oppressed people to want to come here to live and experience our enviable lifestyle, personal freedom and generosity of spirit/universal health care, but quite another when they want to recreate what they they left back there, here?

We risk becoming tenants in our own land, with swaggering foreign overlords and with an earned reputation for making wealth and its acquisition their top priority?

Hence the reason they prefer Aussie food, with its clean green image! Along with lots of bowing, scraping and forelock tugging?

And the writer adroitly glosses right over the deplorable chinese human rights record of "UNINVITED" occupation followed by subjugation replete with gulags and "reeducation camps".

Sometimes for something as practicing in perfect peace, unauthorized religion.

Where the unauthorized trade in "acquired" organs is legendary! And where forty pieces of allegorical silver, can still purchase a Judas?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 31 July 2017 10:22:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mostly on personalised number plates methinks......
Posted by ateday, Monday, 31 July 2017 2:20:48 PM
Who is Barry Li? Brother of Why Lie no doubt.

I think Barry is a fictitious character with a purpose of propagating Chinese lies, designed to placate anti Chinese sentiment among a small but growing segment of dispossessed Australians, who are actually losing as direct consequence of Chinese migration.

Barry is preaching to the converted (for now). But the terrible winds of change are beginning to blow cold from the North.

Good luck Barry!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 31 July 2017 7:41:27 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy