The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What should former PMs do? > Comments

What should former PMs do? : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 6/7/2017

He ought to be allowed to say what he thinks without his automatically attracting the 'naughty boy' label by doing so.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Donate their bodies, preferably while still alive and before claiming taxpayer monies, to Gunther von Hagens!
Posted by Eric the Red-ish, Saturday, 8 July 2017 10:35:17 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Killarney

Agreed. The young bludgers will just have to adjust to wage cuts, it's only fair, the rich have to cope with tax cuts. Many of the conservative politicians who are intensifying the class war were the benefiaries of free tertiary education, relatively low real estate prices and rising real wages.
Posted by mac, Saturday, 8 July 2017 10:58:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Killarney,

«What a pity I was born 30 years too early.»

We should call ourselves lucky for being born earlier: the second half of the 20th century has been the best time to live in for some millennia, but since about the 1990's, the quality of life steadily declines again. I am glad that I will not have to remain here for too long now.

Today's kids are lost, they have no purpose in life, they have to contend with all this toxic technology, with broken families and as you mentioned, are not allowed to do any useful work before they complete university degrees, wasting years of their life there - including those whose temperament is not suitable for studies. I certainly do not envy them!

If we truly care for them, rather than for our personal lineage, we should avoid helping them into this world at this time. Disembodied souls have anyway no sense of the passage of time.

Interestingly, this new generation itself is less interested in physical sex and relationships than ever before. They must be intuitively feeling the futility of procreation.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 8 July 2017 11:11:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
leoj:

Thanks for your suggestion. I have written a few pieces on 'thinking' and how to do it better, on my website (www.donaitkin.com). Maybe in a few weeks...
Posted by Don Aitkin, Monday, 10 July 2017 7:52:53 PM
Don,

Thank you. Having a look.
Posted by leoj, Monday, 10 July 2017 8:23:50 PM
How about a job for European commission Turning Back the Boats ?
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 11 July 2017 10:04:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy