The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the role of President Macron > Comments

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the role of President Macron : Comments

By Gilles Pargneaux and Alon Ben-Meir, published 30/6/2017

If a rapprochement between Israel and Sunni countries is happening, another rapprochement is evolving between Hamas and the neighboring Arab countries.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
More whistling in the wind mate! And nobody is listening, even if just to decide, if they like/dislike the tune?

Me? Like the tune, just not the endless repetition of a needle stuck in the groove? Sorry mate.

The people in the conflict are the only ones able to resolve it, and then where there is a will for just that!

No amount of well intentioned, well meant advice from the sidelines is ever going to alter that!

With the only peaceful means in prospect, the endless ramping and ramping up of the commercial boycott! Maybe President Macron could assist with that?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 30 June 2017 11:09:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As soon as I read "several unacceptable demands on Hamas: to abandon violence, recognise Israel and ratify previous agreements between Israel and the Palestinians, which are tantamount to Hamas' surrender." I realised that the authors were idiots.

None of the demands are unreasonable, quite the contrary, most are standard preconditions before any negotiations can start, and a recipe for ensuring that negotiations never start.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Saturday, 8 July 2017 6:56:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy