The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Like it or not, Islam is a problem > Comments

Like it or not, Islam is a problem : Comments

By Gary Johns, published 6/6/2017

As a consequence, like it or not, Muslims are more susceptible to Islamisation than non-Muslims.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hi Runner,

Thanks for that. I did write: " .... some idiot might point out some of the similarities - some, only, I'm suggesting .... "

But luckily, I'm not that idiot :)

Yes, I agree that Christianity in its 21st century form, is light years ahead of Islam in terms of morality, leniency, flexibility and realistic responses to the actual booming, buzzing, changing world. Islam, with its prohibition of change, is condemned to remain locked into the past unless it can be radically revised and reformed, and until it allows the questioning of its fundamentals.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 6 June 2017 12:47:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
' Yes, I agree that Christianity in its 21st century form, is light years ahead of Islam in terms of morality, leniency, flexibility and realistic responses to the actual booming, buzzing, changing world. '

yep true Loudmouth that the church (predominantly the Catholic) has been filled with every vice and corruption known to man. You however have seen in your short life span the deceit of the left in the revision of history when it comes to aboriginal affairs. Pesronally what I read of your views and experience is extremely refreshing because you seem to value truth. I suspect modern day academics have also airbrushed the good that many churches have done over the centuries. The idiotic demonisation of all those involved in the cruscades just ignored Islamic brutality and theft. The problem with Christianity has never been the Scriptures or Christ but the hardness of heart and corruption of many church leaders. They were and are no more corrupt then the current mob of UN goons who have perverted science and rewrite every bit of history they don't like. GW and Israel are 2 clear examples. Just look at the fools who protest against Trumps sensible Islamic bans. And some of these are JUdges can you believe.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 6 June 2017 3:16:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perhaps instead of focusing on how dreadful fundamentalist islam-ISM is, especially the kind promoted by the Saudi's who have been and are very much favored by Western business and political interests, we should at least attempt to understand the nature of global capitalism and what it represents or has inevitably created as a world-wide cultural phenomenon (including its relation to the world-dominant religion of christian-ISM)?

The current world-situation offers only the entropic end-pattern for the disintegration of the human species - which will inevitably become the catastrophic and complete failure of the human species and the total demise of the human species.
The entire pattern and trend of human culture - including scientific materialism, all modes of false philosophy and cultic "religion", and everything relating to the current domain of ego-based consumer politics, social egoity, competitive social systems, "tribal" national systems, un-regulated economics, and conventional cultic exoteric "religion" - is about death."

Tragically, paradoxically, almost all Western "conservatives" pretend that we are now living in the best of all possible worlds - or even the most "advanced" form of civilization that has ever existed. And as such they want to ratchet up all of the obvious clearly observable negative social and cultural phenomenon now being dramatized all over the planet.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 6 June 2017 4:50:52 PM
Hi Daffy,

You may get something out of this OLO URL:

http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=19072

It deals precisely with your preferred approach, and the craving of many to cleanse the world NOW and start fresh with something that is supposed to be better, but has never been tried before - well, it may have been, many times, but didn't work then either. But who knows, it might work this time.

Paradoxically, I suspect that capitalism, specifically Chinese capitalism, may do a great deal to transform Africa, although I think also that China is very over-stretched economically and in a critical condition demographically. But have a good read of that article.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 6 June 2017 5:23:35 PM
Communism has failed as has extreme capitalism both of which require their own brand of slavery to survive.

Cooperative capitalism on the other hand, arguably the only private enterprise/free market model to outperform all the other business models, and by large surviving the Great Depression largely intact, even as multinational/American monoliths went to the wall.

And time and again since then, as have the highly flawed boom bust economies that allow them to proper for a time?

Co-ops invariably remain manageable, compact and able to compete the pants off of any other business model. Have never grown too big to fail and compete on a level unsubsidised playing field for your business with all comers!

And sanely, their central tenet is maximised dividends and then allow capital gains to manage themselves?

Australia's finest future lies in that direction and will if allowed, claw back our purloined economic sovereignty and an inherent fair go!

And as that occurs allow one continually circulating dollar to do the economic work of seven as normal flow on economic reality. And if you doubt that, just take a butchers at Maleny, to see a cooperative microcosm, and how happy and friendly those folks are, until a multinational moved in trying to push them around.

Tell me what do we gain when debt laden, tax avoiding, profit repatriating foreigners try to buy both your country and your heritage? Jobs? Maybe?but what else? Profits that could stay here adding to our economic well being skimmed off and forcing our government, our so called servants, to hit us with ever higher taxes, fees and charges.

And if you think that doesn't flow on into unaffordable energy/housing etc/etc. Think again.

We could do so much better if we weren't governed by self serving, deleted expletives of the first water! And then we wonder where radical Islam gets its oxygen from?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 6 June 2017 6:48:54 PM
The article is incoherent none-sense. I'm presuming that Gary Johns is trying to make a case that "Islam is a problem" because of "religiosity, and the extraordinary attachment to the Koran as a guide to life; associated illiberal attitudes to apostasy and blasphemy; paranoia about the West and especially Jews; and the mistreatment of women" and "as a consequence, like it or not, Muslims are more susceptible to Islamisation than non-Muslims."

I'm not pretending I know what he is talking about. However, he has offered nothing to show that the source of this violence is Islamic teachings.

A far more useful article was published in the New York times: Saudis and Extremism: ‘Both the Arsonists and the Firefighters’ https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/26/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-islam.html?_r=0

It is evidence-based and quite detailed so would not appeal to the likes of Joe and runner.

From this article, it is clear that the U.S. and the West know Saudi Arabia is the source of the evil ideology that underpins the likes of ISIS. Yet they offer financial support and protection from scrutiny.

Their actions are allowing this ideology to spread which we have to presume is deliberate and purposeful.
Posted by grateful, Wednesday, 7 June 2017 1:43:41 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy