The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Art wank > Comments

Art wank : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 1/6/2017

'Cloaca makes the ultimate criticism of modern art - that most of it is crap; that the art world has finally disappeared up its own backside.'

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Why indeed, given beauty and "art" is always in the eye of the beholder! I've often thought of just getting a great big canvas a paint ball gun and see how well I'd do creating A psychedelic blue polls mark two, and sell it to a government, interested in yet another set of the emperor's new clothes, and cheap as chips at 10 or 12 million? And open to some really imaginative interpretations! Oh look, there's and abstract cow or sorry, bull. And there's a couple in the 629 position. Deadful don't look Sammy.

Seriously Sells, I like the classic female nude and artfully posed either on the side and recumbent or facing full frontal, with a wisp of lace strategically draped over the hairy bits, and breasts that haven't discovered gravity yet.

Not too easy to tire of those views? And worth every penny of the $25.50 I paid at a Gold Coast flea market, during the eighties, for two fine, Rubenesque, gold leaf framed, deceased estate examples.

As the grieving vietnamese war widow remarked, the frames were worth at least as much?
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 1 June 2017 11:10:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But is that any worse than this image wherein the "hero", representing ever single living-breathing-feeling human being, and humankind as an indivisible totality, is systematically beaten to death.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335345/mediaviewer/rm4251170816
Remembering that film images are now easily the dominant and most powerful art form, and that at the time this unspeakably vile sado-masochistic snuff/spatter movie was promoted as a powerful mission tool for communicating the "good news"
Posted by Daffy Duck, Thursday, 1 June 2017 7:17:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"All we have left is art wank."

I am afraid that sums it up very well.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 2 June 2017 12:36:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy