The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Islam, Married at First Sight and the 5:2 Fast Diet > Comments

Islam, Married at First Sight and the 5:2 Fast Diet : Comments

By Kuranda Seyit, published 16/5/2017

In the 19th century under the title of Orientalism, Islam was lampooned by various philosophers and writers of the time.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The author declares:

"Islam forbids interest (called riba). Muslims are not allowed to trade in interest and countries like Malaysia, UAE, Turkey and other Muslim countries have Islamic Halal Finance which is a substitute for interest driven systems and takes a profit margin rather than interest from the lendee."

Yes, indeed: In C. K. Meek's 'Land Law and Custom in the Colonies' - extracts of which are available on my web-site: www.firstsources.info, on the 'Land' page - he devoted an entire chapter (XIX) to 'Land and Muhammadan Law', and it's fascinating reading. Yes, farmers couldn't 'borrow' funds for equipment, plant etc., no, indeed, only dirty Jews lent funds for development; BUT they could 'sell' their farm to a Muslim, who would then let them 'rent' or 'lease' it back, i.e. as permanent peonage. In northern Africa, the British immediately set up Agricultural Development Banks, offering loans at much lower rates than the Muslim 'purchase price', and thereby destroying their scam.

Of course, once land has become Muslim, it belongs forever after to Allah (zakat) and can never be sold back to a kaffir.

He mentions halal killing too: 'toxic blood' ?! Blood is not toxic, per se, Kuranda, it's just blood, especially while it's still being pumped around the body (or do Muslims not believe that ? Do they believe that blood is dirty ?) The traditional method of slaughtering animals in the West is to do it as quickly as possible, and certainly not to let the animal linger even if it is looking towards Mecca and contemplating its relationship to Allah in the meantime. Halal is needlessly brutal, and I'm sure that PETA and the Greens have great trouble squaring their support for Islam with that aspect of halal. Maybe not. Nah.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 1:12:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The author declares:

"Islam forbids interest (called riba). Muslims are not allowed to trade in interest and countries like Malaysia, UAE, Turkey and other Muslim countries have Islamic Halal Finance which is a substitute for interest driven systems and takes a profit margin rather than interest from the lendee."

Yes, indeed: In C. K. Meek's 'Land Law and Custom in the Colonies' - extracts of which are available on my web-site: www.firstsources.info, on the 'Land' page - he devoted an entire chapter (XIX) to 'Land an Muhammadan Law', and it's fascinating. Yes, farmers couldn't 'borrow' funds for equipment, plant etc., no, indeed, BUT they could 'sell' their farm to a Muslim, who would then let them 'rent' or 'lease' it back, i.e. as permanent peonage. In northern Africa, the British immediately set up Agricultural Development Banks, offering loans at much lower rates than the Muslim 'purchase price', and thereby destroying their scam.

Of course, once land has become Muslim, it belongs forever after to Allah (zakat) and can never be sold back to a kaffir.

He mentions halal killing too: 'toxic blood' ?! Blood is not toxic, per se,
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 1:12:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Congratulations, Kuranda (Spectacular Scenic Railway) Say-it . Your spoof fooled them all. Your finale equating the Niqab with “our” Ned’s armour was divinely inspired.
Posted by Leslie, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 1:24:09 PM
So many inaccurate generalisation in one article...

1. "Islam as a religion was formalized in 623 CE"

No, Islam was created at least 160 years later in the 790's, with the forging of the Q'uran as if it was written by the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, who must be rolling in his grave in agony to learn about what was done in his name. Even then, Islam took more decades to be formalized.

2. "We all watched at least one episode of the no. 1 rating show on TV 'Married at First Sight'"

No. What motivates you to smear and portray everyone as a sinful addict of television? I don't watch this stupid thing, I don't even have it at home, so these are false accusations!

3. "marriage as in many religions is an important institution and regarded as a sacred union between a man and a woman."

This had its time when procreation was still considered a good thing. Now that the world is overcrowded (even to such extent that it chokes religion), surely marriage is no longer an "important institution". In both Christianity and Hinduism, marriage is considered only second-best, for those who are too weak-minded to follow celibacy.

4. "The fast involves not eating from sunrise to sunset. Sound familiar?"

Fasting is wonderful - but not without water. As far as health is concerned, anyone who fasts should drink a lot of water in order to wash away the toxins.

5. "Islam forbids interest (called riba)"

But uses legalistic tricks to get around it. While it's best to have no interest, it is impossible in Australia because the government is forcing inflation and so the only way one can maintain their hard-earned savings, is to deposit them with interest. The government wants this because it taxes the nominal "increase", making it difficult to keep up with inflation even with the interest.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 1:30:12 PM
'Since, Islam as a religion was formalized in 623 CE, the West has been fixated with it. During the medieval ages, the French, Germans and English were suspicious of Islam and waged a Crusade that brought about a 200 year conflict in the Near East' ....

Understandable as Islamic troops had invaded all of North Africa , Spain and into France, Egypt , Palestine , Syria and most of The Eastern Roman Empire aka The Byzantine Empire,( present day Turkey ) .Before the Crusades EVERY ONE of these Countries were previously CHRISTAIN ! .....Ooops !

'Ironically, very little acknowledgement is given to Islam as the key contributor to the West's so-called Enlightenment which came about through the Renaissance.'

IRONIC indeed... because the largest trigger for the Wests 'so called' Enlightenment was the Islamic CONQUEST of CONSTANTINOPLE in 1453! We , in the West , should be eternally grateful for this 'Invasion'.... Ooops !

'The medical theories of Ibn Sina (Avicenna) and the scientific and philosophical works of Ibn Rushd (Averroes) were used by European scientists, philosophers and scholars.'

This Medical and Philosophical Knowledge had been acquired from the Eastern Roman Greeks whom were captured when Islam invaded the Countries mentioned above..... Ooops !

I could continue on through this drivel but the first couple of paragraphs are enough to recognise it as Propaganda , not History.

Anyone has a right to write rubbish in Australia , We also have the right to see what it really is... Ooops
Posted by Aspley, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 3:00:41 PM
I have just noticed that , under Author details , this Article is in the ..'Humour and Satire ' Category.

Islam, Married at First Sight and the 5:2 Fast Diet
Humour & Satire - 16/05/2017

In light of this 'fact' , I have re-read the Article.

Yep .. Plenty of Humour has now been found but no Satire so far...

And , here was I thinking that People really believed that this article was a historical Statement !
Posted by Aspley, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 3:32:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy