The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Islam, Married at First Sight and the 5:2 Fast Diet > Comments

Islam, Married at First Sight and the 5:2 Fast Diet : Comments

By Kuranda Seyit, published 16/5/2017

In the 19th century under the title of Orientalism, Islam was lampooned by various philosophers and writers of the time.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Whilst it is debatable that many of these things are worth having it is also debatable that they came from Islam. They are the result of civilisation. When groups of people live together they pool their material and intellectual resources to make life more comfortable and more enjoyable. It is immaterial that they are Muslims.

Non-Muslim countries also came up with many ideas and practices to improve civilisation but we do not offer them as an apologetic for the Christian religion to which most of them adhered.

We are alike but only insofar as we are civilised and that should be the measure of equality. Islam’s exposure to the west over recent decades shows it to be very uncivilised and quite primitive in the way it deals with many problems. Its insistence on primitive solutions has caused a great deal of disruption to western democracies and this is why it has drawn such a negative reaction. The west has moved on from such a backward way of dealing with things and this has meant less reliance on religious ways.

The friction between Islam and the west is about dismantling civilisation and returning to dependence on religion
Posted by phanto, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 9:34:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A director of FAIR and a member of the Sydney Peace Foundation, and with the name Kuranda Seyit, I suspect this writer is not including himself in “OUR very progressive down-under society” but is referring to YOUR – meaning we non-Muslim Australians, most of whom are definitely not progressive, society who were silly enough to allow Islam to interrupt the peace and good will of our society.

Australians are indifferent when it comes to Islam, are they chuckle chops? Rubbish!

And the politicians who speak for an increasingly concerned population, fed up with regular politicians and their submissive crap are just 'squeaky wheels'? Get real. Tune out of the ABC and Fairfax. Get out of Sydney for a while. Sydney is NOT Australia; there are other locations where things are different: even the Muslims are different.

Most Australians have had enough of Islam and Muslims – even those who, unlike me, accept you presence. You are in Australia now. Get over the medieval stuff. Get over your preciousness. Shape up, or ship out.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 10:06:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Only this muslim can paint themselves as first the victim and then oh so superior to us Australians! I suggest he acquaints himself with our laws that prohibit so much of his horrible and backward religion.
You stay in inner city Sydney son because the rest of the country neither appreciates or admires your rubbish.
I personally despise all religions.
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 10:11:46 AM
Kuranda makes a fuss about fasting. Jesus said that some that fasted were total hypocrites. A number of muslims have poured petrol on their hatred and self righteousness during their fasting mouth. The most dangerous times to be around many followers of Mohammed is during Ramadan. Yes fasting can be very empowering if done for the right reasons and very destructive if it causes one to follow Mohammed's example.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 10:34:22 AM
Hey maybe you're onto something with the 5:2 diet. I'm looking at the life expectancy by country table at Wikipedia, and WOW, look at all those Islamic countries doing so well.... ur, hmm, wait-- oh noes- I'm reading the table the wrong way round!
It seems that you don't know about this so I'll fill you in: Predominately western countries and a few non-Islamic Asian ones such as Japan, Singapore, etc. have the longest life expectancy. Almost all countries with a sizable muslim presence rank below the Western Countries (the only real exception is Israel which has a very high life expectancy) . So methinks your claim about healthy living being a consequence of Islamic practices is pure bunkum.

Also to fill you in on history- The Crusades were a response to the Islamic expansion into Europe. For a few centuries the Muslims kept hammering away at expanding/invading Europe and eventually the Europeans responded with the crusades.

In addition, many of the maths/science discoveries of the "Islamic Golden Age" were more often just the result of translating ancient texts (esp. Greek). In these case it wasn't so much about discovering new knowledge, but rather about preserving, collating from disparate sources, repackaging and disseminating existing knowledge and also the encouragement of sharing knowledge. Indeed, many of the scholars of the age weren't indigenous muslims but were foreigners of different cultures/religions drawn to the universities/centers of learning that were funded by Muslim regimes. Indeed take the example you give of Al-Khwarizmi- it is argued that he came from a Persian family that was most likely Zoroastrian and that he himself would have been Zoroastrian but then later converted to Islam.
(Oh, by-the-way: the word "algorithm" comes from Al-Khwarizmi, not logarithm)
Posted by thinkabit, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 10:38:34 AM
Hi Thinkabit,

That would be al-Khwarizm - i.e. 'from Khwarizm' ? Which is up in present-day Uzbekistan, on the ancient Oxus. I think Alexander got up about that far and married a princess from there - in fact, from faulty memory, he had a few thousand of his soldiers married to local women. The area would have been part of ancient Persian empires as you suggest. Fascinating pre-Islamic history, but almost as brutal as what came afterwards.

The Persians would have been in close contact with Indian culture for much more than a thousand years before being conquered by Islam: Indian mathematicians have given us (and the Muslim world) our number system, the concepts of zero, exponentials, logarithms, and so much more.

But, like the Muslim custom of building their mosques on top of ancient temples in countries that they have conquered, Muslims also have 'built' their 'science' on top of pre-existing cultural and intellectual foundations, with little or nothing to add of their own. So it goes with depredatory imperialists throughout history.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 11:16:44 AM
Hello Loudmouth,
I meant to include Indian texts when I mentioned the old Greek texts. With respect-to-maths, as a general guide the Greeks gave us (quite well developed) Geometry and Logic and formal reasoning/proofs and the beginnings of Calculus (esp. Integration), while the Indians gave us the start of Algebra and also our number system along with important concepts such as representing nothing as a number (ie. Zero). Chinese also developed and discovered some of these things and some new things way before the Muslims.

However, before anyone here claims otherwise, I'm not saying the Muslims during the golden age did nothing. They did make contributions to science and maths themselves along with the fact that they established universities for scholars to go to to share info that did advance our knowledge. It's just that their contributions are way over blown. It is mainly exaggerated by today's Muslims (like this article's author) scratching around trying to find the something positive to defend their medieval beliefs. The really sad part is that they go back a whole millennium to find examples of scientific/maths advancement that Islam has achieved.
Posted by thinkabit, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 11:55:42 AM
Here’s another one we’ll never hear from.

Graham get him to contribute towards the debate please.

Seyit: Since, Islam as a religion was formalized in 623 CE,

Yes, Mohammod was a bandit who invented a religion so he could have power over & control people. I believe they have now found Text, in the Cambridge Library, that predates Mohammod by a couple of hundred years.

Seyit: The West has been fixated with it. During the medieval ages, the French, Germans and English were suspicious of Islam and waged a Crusade that brought about a 200-year conflict in the Near East.

For a start Mohommedeans stole the Middle East from the Christians Holy Roman Empire. They then expanded by bloody Conflict across North Africa & into Southern Europe. Killing everyone who refused to convert. That is until the Kings of Europe got together to stop the barbaric invasion.

Seyit: Islam as the key contributor to the West's so-called Enlightenment which came about through the Renaissance.

As has been mentioned here previously, Modahammadean intellectuals took Ancient Text from Egypt & the Greeks & adapted them. The West had lost intellectual contact with the ME so had lost contact with these Books. Apart from that a couple of bad Popes put a stop to advanced learning fearing their loss of Power.

Seyit: There are literally hundreds of written works by Muslim scholars that have been translated into Latin or English.

These works were first translated from earlier works by Greek & Egyptian Scholars with some updates.

Seyit: People, and particularly Australians are crazy about Islam and the irony is that they don't even know it.

I don’t think so China. A few vocal Lefties maybe.

Cont.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 12:39:08 PM
Cont

Seyit: This is the Islamic arranged marriage and we've been doing it successfully for 14 centuries!

Arranged marriages have been happening for 80000 years. Evidence for that is the Australian Aboriginal.

Seyit: in other cases, the wedding day might be the first time the couple meet. The key component here are the parents, who use their superior knowledge of their children combined with the criteria for marriage to suitably match the bride and groom.

The Aboriginals had a way of sorting out & forbidding the marriages of close relations. Something which Mohammadeans seem to enjoy.

Seyit: The fact that Australians have embraced the show, indicates that there is a fascination with this type of marriage.

No it doesen’t. Australians have a wicked sense of humour. That’s why they watch those shows.

Seyit: Only in the past two years, there have been a plethora of fad diets which have all had their proponents swear by them; the paleo diet, the South Beach diet, the macrobiotic, the low carb, the Zone and the Atkins diet just to name a few.

Fad Diets have been aroun since Adam was a pup. Nothing to do with Mohammed.

Seyit: The National Australia Bank and other financial institutions have begun giving out interest free loans.

Only for Mohammadeans. Not for Aussies. Try it.

Seyit: Islam forbids interest (called riba). Muslims are not allowed to trade in interest and countries like Malaysia,

Er, excuse me. Not exactly true. (Personal experience) That’s only for Mohammadeans not Europeans, Indians or the Chinese in the Country.

Seyit: a Parliamentary Inquiry on the Halal food sector, alleging that the cost of halal certification which he called a "tax" was being funnelled into terrorist organisations.

Cont.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 12:40:36 PM
Cont.

Seyit: the method of halal slaughter, has been proven to be the most humane and effective way to slaughter an animal. By effective, I mean that it drains the animal of the toxic blood while the heart is still pumping (the animal is stunned but hot killed) and the meat is the most nutritious.

Cutting the throat of the animal has been the standard practice of killing Animals for ever. It is a bit gory but virtually painless. The animal just goes to sleep. (loses consciousness.) Only people who have been brought up in Cities & have no Idea where their food comes from object. Some people don’t even know that eggs come out of a chooks “rectum.”

Seyit: sometimes in cultural practices or superstitions and sometimes in verses from holy books quoted out of context.

Oh no they are not.

Seyit: together, humanity can work towards reducing and eliminating dangers, hardship and other nasties, thereby enriching the standard of living all over the world.

Yes, the ME is a haven of towards reducing and eliminating dangers, hardship and other nasties, & the enrichment in the standard of living. I get that.

Seyit: next time you see a Muslim woman wearing a face veil, don't look in disgust, but appreciate her devotion to her cause and her love of her Creator.

Especially if the Husband is going to beat her with a toothpick if she doesn’t wear it, eh. But, mostly it’s worn as a show of defiance towards the West.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 12:40:59 PM
When I first saw this discussion, I took for granted that Muslims would be disgusted at the idea of any two people coming together for the first time and deciding to do the business, then and there. That silly program would demonstrate the irresolvable immorality of the entire West, and they could endlessly beat it up. But no, this bloke likes the idea.

He would probably discount the notion of consent on the part of the woman, and substitute permission from her father instead: that would be okay, that within hours of first seeing a bloke, her father has arranged for her to be rooted up and down, like it or not, at the whims of a stranger.

Call me a prude but I would respectfully suggest that, on reflection, 'Married at First Sight', is far more moral and equitable than the standard medieval anti-woman Muslim tradition.

Come on, Foxy and Paul, rush in to defend Islam against women's rights :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 12:50:44 PM
Runner,

You speak of Ramadam and what is done or not done during the period. I am currently re-reading the Raj Quartet by Paul Scott. A stone was thrown at a car in one of princely states in 1942, injuring one of the British officers travelling in the car. In the quest to find the culprit, one of the characters opines that it couldn't have been a Muslim because no Muslim would do such a thing during Ramadam.

I think that that opinion would be wishful thinking these days.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 12:51:03 PM
The author declares:

"Islam forbids interest (called riba). Muslims are not allowed to trade in interest and countries like Malaysia, UAE, Turkey and other Muslim countries have Islamic Halal Finance which is a substitute for interest driven systems and takes a profit margin rather than interest from the lendee."

Yes, indeed: In C. K. Meek's 'Land Law and Custom in the Colonies' - extracts of which are available on my web-site: www.firstsources.info, on the 'Land' page - he devoted an entire chapter (XIX) to 'Land and Muhammadan Law', and it's fascinating reading. Yes, farmers couldn't 'borrow' funds for equipment, plant etc., no, indeed, only dirty Jews lent funds for development; BUT they could 'sell' their farm to a Muslim, who would then let them 'rent' or 'lease' it back, i.e. as permanent peonage. In northern Africa, the British immediately set up Agricultural Development Banks, offering loans at much lower rates than the Muslim 'purchase price', and thereby destroying their scam.

Of course, once land has become Muslim, it belongs forever after to Allah (zakat) and can never be sold back to a kaffir.

He mentions halal killing too: 'toxic blood' ?! Blood is not toxic, per se, Kuranda, it's just blood, especially while it's still being pumped around the body (or do Muslims not believe that ? Do they believe that blood is dirty ?) The traditional method of slaughtering animals in the West is to do it as quickly as possible, and certainly not to let the animal linger even if it is looking towards Mecca and contemplating its relationship to Allah in the meantime. Halal is needlessly brutal, and I'm sure that PETA and the Greens have great trouble squaring their support for Islam with that aspect of halal. Maybe not. Nah.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 1:12:31 PM
The author declares:

"Islam forbids interest (called riba). Muslims are not allowed to trade in interest and countries like Malaysia, UAE, Turkey and other Muslim countries have Islamic Halal Finance which is a substitute for interest driven systems and takes a profit margin rather than interest from the lendee."

Yes, indeed: In C. K. Meek's 'Land Law and Custom in the Colonies' - extracts of which are available on my web-site: www.firstsources.info, on the 'Land' page - he devoted an entire chapter (XIX) to 'Land an Muhammadan Law', and it's fascinating. Yes, farmers couldn't 'borrow' funds for equipment, plant etc., no, indeed, BUT they could 'sell' their farm to a Muslim, who would then let them 'rent' or 'lease' it back, i.e. as permanent peonage. In northern Africa, the British immediately set up Agricultural Development Banks, offering loans at much lower rates than the Muslim 'purchase price', and thereby destroying their scam.

Of course, once land has become Muslim, it belongs forever after to Allah (zakat) and can never be sold back to a kaffir.

He mentions halal killing too: 'toxic blood' ?! Blood is not toxic, per se,
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 1:12:44 PM
Congratulations, Kuranda (Spectacular Scenic Railway) Say-it . Your spoof fooled them all. Your finale equating the Niqab with “our” Ned’s armour was divinely inspired.
Posted by Leslie, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 1:24:09 PM
So many inaccurate generalisation in one article...

1. "Islam as a religion was formalized in 623 CE"

No, Islam was created at least 160 years later in the 790's, with the forging of the Q'uran as if it was written by the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, who must be rolling in his grave in agony to learn about what was done in his name. Even then, Islam took more decades to be formalized.

2. "We all watched at least one episode of the no. 1 rating show on TV 'Married at First Sight'"

No. What motivates you to smear and portray everyone as a sinful addict of television? I don't watch this stupid thing, I don't even have it at home, so these are false accusations!

3. "marriage as in many religions is an important institution and regarded as a sacred union between a man and a woman."

This had its time when procreation was still considered a good thing. Now that the world is overcrowded (even to such extent that it chokes religion), surely marriage is no longer an "important institution". In both Christianity and Hinduism, marriage is considered only second-best, for those who are too weak-minded to follow celibacy.

4. "The fast involves not eating from sunrise to sunset. Sound familiar?"

Fasting is wonderful - but not without water. As far as health is concerned, anyone who fasts should drink a lot of water in order to wash away the toxins.

5. "Islam forbids interest (called riba)"

But uses legalistic tricks to get around it. While it's best to have no interest, it is impossible in Australia because the government is forcing inflation and so the only way one can maintain their hard-earned savings, is to deposit them with interest. The government wants this because it taxes the nominal "increase", making it difficult to keep up with inflation even with the interest.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 1:30:12 PM
'Since, Islam as a religion was formalized in 623 CE, the West has been fixated with it. During the medieval ages, the French, Germans and English were suspicious of Islam and waged a Crusade that brought about a 200 year conflict in the Near East' ....

Understandable as Islamic troops had invaded all of North Africa , Spain and into France, Egypt , Palestine , Syria and most of The Eastern Roman Empire aka The Byzantine Empire,( present day Turkey ) .Before the Crusades EVERY ONE of these Countries were previously CHRISTAIN ! .....Ooops !

'Ironically, very little acknowledgement is given to Islam as the key contributor to the West's so-called Enlightenment which came about through the Renaissance.'

IRONIC indeed... because the largest trigger for the Wests 'so called' Enlightenment was the Islamic CONQUEST of CONSTANTINOPLE in 1453! We , in the West , should be eternally grateful for this 'Invasion'.... Ooops !

'The medical theories of Ibn Sina (Avicenna) and the scientific and philosophical works of Ibn Rushd (Averroes) were used by European scientists, philosophers and scholars.'

This Medical and Philosophical Knowledge had been acquired from the Eastern Roman Greeks whom were captured when Islam invaded the Countries mentioned above..... Ooops !

I could continue on through this drivel but the first couple of paragraphs are enough to recognise it as Propaganda , not History.

Anyone has a right to write rubbish in Australia , We also have the right to see what it really is... Ooops
Posted by Aspley, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 3:00:41 PM
I have just noticed that , under Author details , this Article is in the ..'Humour and Satire ' Category.

Islam, Married at First Sight and the 5:2 Fast Diet
Humour & Satire - 16/05/2017

In light of this 'fact' , I have re-read the Article.

Yep .. Plenty of Humour has now been found but no Satire so far...

And , here was I thinking that People really believed that this article was a historical Statement !
Posted by Aspley, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 3:32:38 PM
Oh dear i think the author has miss read the mood in Australia. He certainty is a poor student of history.

In the end though what people say they believe doesn't matter it's what people do is what counts.

One only has to look at what happens in countries that are majority Muslim to know what Islamist do.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 5:33:11 PM
As soon as you see the "funny name" of the writer, you know the type of propaganda he w3ill be pushing.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 5:53:32 PM
Dear Hassie,

Talking about "funny names?"

It reminds me of the time I waited to be seen by a
doctor with my husband in the emergency department
of a large Melbourne hospital. After a long wait
a nurse finally came up to us and looked down on
her register where our names were listed, then she
proceeded to ask us in a very loud voice,

"Do you neeed an in- ter - pre- ter?"

You see we did have "funny names," even though
we were born in this country.

My husband simply smiled and after a few seconds
politely inquired:

"Why, doesn't the doctor speak English?"
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 7:46:47 PM
There are good reasons why Europeans were concerned about Islam during the Middle Ages. Ottoman armies had invaded Europe venturing as far to the outskirts of Vienna. Barbary pirates kidnapped millions of Europeans and sold them into slavery.
As for the benefits of Islamic finance, remove oil revenue and it would collapse in short time. Not being able to charge interest on borrowings, means people can't borrow money in the first place
Posted by Anthony P, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 8:01:19 PM
Foxy: Talking about "funny names?"

Names I have seen in Motels.
Sydney H Bridge
Mick E Mouse
Bob Down
Trees R Green
I M Insane
W D Forty
Watts Isname
Mike Hunt
Iso Little
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 8:42:39 PM
Dear Jayb.,

Thanks for the names.

I've added them to my list.

Here's a couple more:

Ima Belcher.

James B. Grossweiner.

Dick Power.

Yolanda Squatpump.

Jack Frost.

P. Ennis.

And there's quite a few more.

I remember attending to an Asian gentlemen in the library
a while back, and helping him with his membership application.
I asked him for his name and he replied:

"Nnnnngggg?"

I asked him again what his name was?

He again answered - "Nnnnnnggggg"

I began to get angry and thought -"Is he playing with me?"
Or is he deaf?

The rest of the staff behind me at the desk were killing
themselves laughing. The problem wasn't the gentleman.
It was silly me. It turned out his name was - "NG."
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 16 May 2017 9:13:21 PM
All very interesting. Everybody has a smattering of history, and their interpretation of it. At the root of food, marriage and religion is the fact that every society needs all three. The first two are givens whatever definition we care to give marriage. So we're left with religion. Opinions about this are as old as humankind. The difficulties arise when the `squeaky wheels' whoever they are, think that their opinion is a closer version to the truth than the opinions of others. My unqualified view is that our inability to accept difference causes a huge amount of negatives. Arguments that boil down to the `us' and `them' doesn't really help in losing weight. And the more extreme the views the `weightier' the consequences. Perhaps what we need is a marriage of John Lennon's "Let it be" - he believed these were words of wisdom, and a leaning to looking for the positives. My opinion, for what it's worth, is that any extreme is dangerous, in whatever religion, according to the most basic understanding of the history we have. It is really unfortunate that Islam has been married to terrorism, Catholicism to sexual predators, Buddhism to political maneuvering. It stands to reason that broad scale attacks are going to prompt propaganda wars.
I'm reading that Kuranda is an undisguised Muslim who is trying to douse the fire. I'm reading she is hurt by labels that do not fit.
I do not follow any religion but I recognise that the foundation of their beliefs, Christian, Islam, Judaism etc are fundamentally good and sound, and have contributed to generosity, love, kindness and so on. If believers of whatever flavour are added to the cake mix then we benefit. Our politicians are feeding upon disharmony and it's shameful. It's at odds with a country that used to stand on the foundation of `a fair go'/ multiculturalism / reward for labour.
Our Australian laws are attempting to provide a foundation of tolerance, order and stability. They override any religious law, sharia or otherwise, and they protect against extremism.
It's food for thought if you're hungry.
Posted by The Thing Is, Wednesday, 17 May 2017 8:55:15 AM
The Thing Is:

“and have contributed to generosity, love, kindness and so on. If believers of whatever flavour are added to the cake mix then we benefit.”

Generosity, love and kindness are not religious qualities – they are human qualities. If some humans can have these qualities without religion then why not all? Why do some people exhibit them as a natural consequence whilst others only exhibit them because their religion tells them to?

Generosity, love and kindness that come from the heart are much more preferable to those that come out of a fear of God or an emotional dependence on religion. They are much more dependable and reliable than religious ‘good works’ since the givers have nothing to lose. Their actions are not dependent on any ‘benefits’ that religious givers hope to obtain. The quality of their giving is unreserved by selfish motives.

Society does not benefit from this religious deal making and in fact it is diminished by it. It is artificial and contrived and fundamentally self-serving. We can well do without more selfishness disguised as morally superior care and concern.

Whatever the religion may be it is founded on the hope of reward for the religious person. Every religion says to do good to your fellow man or else you will not reap the rewards. People who do good without enquiring about rewards are the true salt of the earth and religious people are the burden of all societies. Look at the cost of their so called religion and Islam in particular. We do not want their generosity, love and kindness if that is the price we have to pay for it. Give me true and selfless generosity, love and kindness any day.
Posted by phanto, Wednesday, 17 May 2017 10:10:53 AM
Getting back to topic: there's an article in today's Australian identifying a sheikh at a Melbourne mosque who 'married' a14-yrar-old girl to a 34-yer-old bloke and was taped saying to her 'You must obey everything your husband asks you to do.' Something like that.

Oh, hello, Yassmin, I didn't see you there. And Susan's there too ? Hmm, you're both very quiet. Oh, you're busy talking to Eva Cox ? That explains it.

Of course the poor bloody girl is going to do whatever her husband asks of her, she's only bloody fourteen. And imagine the pressure from her family if she wanted to come home. This sort of thing might be 'necessary' in some backward society - I was listening to a song about a shepherd girl and thinking, well, yeah, 'that''s bound to happen - but not in today's Australian society, where (surely even the left would grasp this; no, maybe not) equality and opportunity are available to both men and women, they're part of those general values what we should be trying to inculcate amongst any migrants.

I hope the sheikh and the girl's father go for pandering or soliciting, and the 'husband' goes for rape.

Meanwhile, on a completely different topic, the Muslim School in Greenacre (Chullora) in Sydney is up for embezzling millions of public money, with the Muslim land-owning body charging huge rents, sometime five years in advance. It sort of makes you think that there shouldn't be any such things as religious schools, at least not funded by public money - but I suppose the left would be outraged at that suggestion. Except for Catholics, of course.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 18 May 2017 2:00:15 PM
' Meanwhile, on a completely different topic, the Muslim School in Greenacre (Chullora) in Sydney is up for embezzling millions of public money, '

Yeah Loudmouth proven to be a very common practice in Islamic schools in Australia funded by the taxpayer. No wonder they were excluded from RC on child abuse. The national broadcasters hate for Christ ensures that.

Problem is that just like those muslims from Iran who came by boat claiming to have lives in danger (only to return for holidays and brides) you have the most dumbed down judges and bureaucrats in history allowing this fraud.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 18 May 2017 2:10:45 PM
Yes Loudmouth, I had always wondered about the science progress that
happened in Baghdad but a documentary showed that that progress
actually came from Uzbekistan. The progress in science puzzled me as
the Arabs have a custom of marrying their cousins so they have never
been able to make much in the way of scientific development.
The same situation developed in Spain with the Moorish occupation.
However I have not been able to determine if the Nth African Moors
indulged in cousin marriage. They did intermarry with the Jews and Spaniards.
It is interesting to note the very low number of Arab Nobel prizes.
Compare them against Israeli Nobel Prizes.

The so called Islamic burst of knowledge just did not happen because
their marriage custom of cousin marriage prevented any such thing.
Still today their IQ is significantly lower than other populations.
In the UK in Pakistani areas the large number of children in special
classes caused special reports to the House of Commons.
There is a spark of hope a womens association has been formed to
oppose cousin marriage but they are under attack as they are considered to be unIslamic.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 23 May 2017 5:06:51 PM
Hi Bazz,

Yes,the early Muslim invaders may have been great at ordering the copying of ancient scientific texts from other times and places, but it boggles the mind to think that any scientific discovery can spring, fully-formed, from desert camps or peasant villages.

Science takes time, discovery building on discovery, experimentation upon experimentation, testing, trialling, drawing wrong conclusions and having to go back to an earlier stage of knowledge, and trying again. Of course, scientific development also requires a supportive environment, not likely with a rigid doctrine-bound notion of truth and reality.

And in those days with very primitive 'knowledge technology': even telescopes hadn't been invented back then. You can only work with what you've got, and if you haven't got it, nothing much happens.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 23 May 2017 6:10:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy