The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > God, gays and guesswork > Comments

God, gays and guesswork : Comments

By Alex Grancha, published 9/5/2017

It's about a gay man who was welcome at church but whose lifestyle wasn't.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
' People don't choose to be homosexual, they are born that way. Get your head out of the Bible and become a human being'

the logic

People don't choose to be paedophiles, they are born that way. Get your head out of the Bible and become a human being
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 10 May 2017 9:52:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,

David’s mention of gay people being born that way was a statement of fact, not application of logic.

<<People don't choose to be paedophiles, they are born that way.>>

Yes, it’s looking like paedophiles are indeed born that way. What’s your point, and what does that have to do with homosexuality?

<<Get your head out of the Bible and become a human being.>>

Well, the Bible does appear to condone sexual abuse towards female children, so long as they’re captured in a time of war (Numbers 31:1-18, Deuteronomy 20:10-14, Judges 21:7-11, Judges 21:20-23) or sold as property by their fathers (Exodus 21:7-10).
Posted by AJ Philips, Wednesday, 10 May 2017 11:07:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
' David’s mention of gay people being born that way was a statement of fact, not application of logic.'

say a lie often enough does not make it true AJ

'Yes, it’s looking like paedophiles are indeed born that way.'

really?

does that also apply to men and women who have sex with animals. They are born that way to are they AJ. Romans 1 certainly applies to your total loss of logic.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 10 May 2017 3:43:19 PM
Right you are, runner.

<<say a lie often enough does not make it true AJ>>

You should remind yourself of that. What, with your slinking off and repeating your discredited claims on other threads 'n' all.

<<really?>>

A lot more research is needed, but there is evidence to suggest this, yes.

<<does that also apply to men and women who have sex with animals. They are born that way [too] are they AJ.>>

I’m not sure. Why do you ask?

And what does it have to do with homosexuality? You still haven’t answered this question from last time.

<<Romans 1 certainly applies to your total loss of logic.>>

You mean my logic with regard to the Bible on child sex abuse? Do you have a different interpretation?

Tell me, how does someone like yourself (who believes that the Bible is the inerrant word of God) interpret the verses I cited as anything other than the condoning of child sex abuse?

You don't have an answer to that one, do you runner?

Time to slink off to another thread.
Posted by AJ Philips, Wednesday, 10 May 2017 4:56:33 PM
One of the things that sticks out with the churches struggles over same sex relationships is that by and large they don't seem to have the same struggles with some other areas that in my view do more harm.

How often do you hear of someone being restricted from a role in a church (or not welcome at all) because of a love of money? The bible is not against money or wealth but it does have some pretty clear cut things to say at times about the love of money. One of the few places where Jesus appears to send someone away was when he told the rich young ruler to go and sell what he had and give it to the poor.

There is a case for those take a literalistic approach to the bible to want to limit the roles of active homosexuals within the church (although it's very nasty when combined with the threats of eternal punishment). There is no place for christain's to attempt to limit the rights of homosexuals in the general community. There is also a credibility gap when christain's appear to selectively ignore some areas of biblical teaching whilst getting all hot and bothered about others.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 10 May 2017 8:06:01 PM
'Tell me, how does someone like yourself (who believes that the Bible is the inenrant word of God) interpret the verses I cited as anything other than the condoning of child sex abuse'

quite easy AJ. I can fully understand how God ordered the elimination of the Midianites who like today's abortionist think nothing of offering baby sacrifices in the name of sexual freedom. Unrepentant god deniers who reject God's mercy through Christ will get what they deserve. Personally I choose mercy and forgiveness. You seem to have chosen deceit and misrepresentation of God.

Your
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 10 May 2017 11:32:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy