The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Occupy Syria now! > Comments

Occupy Syria now! : Comments

By Arthur Dent, published 20/4/2017

Inaction has resulted in half the population displaced, nearly half a million killed, millions of refugees throughout the region and a serious threat to European unity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Hi Dan,

Be careful what you wish for: China may be the key to dampening down the threat of war in North Asia, now and well into the future. I don't understand the craving for mutual destruction - nobody would win, certainly not us here in Australia, if China (and the bit-player, the US) don't hose down that craving. I suspect the South Koreans are probably just as anxious.

I would still favour a deal to offer North Korea a massive expansion of its Economic Zones (currently with mostly South Korean and Chinese firms) in return for suspension of its nuclear and missile programs. Of course, it wouldn't be a perfect solution, nothing ever is. But I'm not keen on seeing, even if North Korea's missile are rudimentary, South Korea and/or parts of Japan obliterated.

But if you want to volunteer to get up there on the front line, go for it.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 25 April 2017 9:46:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If a neighbour of yours threatened violence against your family Joe, how would you respond?
If he threatened to lob a grenade into your back yard while your children played on the swings, what would be your response Joe?
Appeasement by moving the boundary fence closer to the swings, in hope he may rethink his mission?
Your not serious Joe, whereas I am!
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 25 April 2017 1:11:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dan,

To anybody with a skerrick of imagination, there would be many options to weigh up:

Yes, as you might like, you could jump the fence and beat the living crap out of him;

OR you could ring for the police;

OR you could try to reason with him;

OR you could take the children inside;

OR you could offer him money - in away, this is my option in relation to North Korea.

OR you could pray to Runner's god;

OR ..........

Even you may get the gist. There are usually many options, even to nuclear war.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 25 April 2017 4:19:54 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy