The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Aly’s self-wedge on figures of speech > Comments

Aly’s self-wedge on figures of speech : Comments

By Tim Wilson, published 5/4/2017

The irony is that every example Aly has put forward about the conduct she wants made unlawful is harassment.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Hollow debate and not all arabs are muslim, some are even jews or christians!

Anyhow, pointless rhetoric, given the senate has voted to retain 18C as is!

And as it is, protects all ethnic minorities from being profiled or racially vilified by the moribund. Whose extraordinarily minute vocabulary and IQ, limits their use of proper english so as to allow them to vehemently critique, medieval Islam, or deadbeat dads or male hating feminists or climate change denialists, or the intellectually challenged, without racially vilifying an ethnic minority!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 5 April 2017 12:30:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, Alan B. There are Christian Arabs in the Middle East; not so sure about Jewish Arabs.

The Christian Arabs in the Middle East are as anti-Israel as are the Muslims, because that protects them from Muslim violence. That's what dhimmitude (being able to exist under Muslim rule) is all about: no disagreement with Islam, and a bit of praise helps, too. It's not so bad in places like Malaysia. It's the Arabs who are the real problem.

Foxy,

Thank's for suggesting that I'm stupid. Fortunately, I have a thick skin and don't much care what other people think of me.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 5 April 2017 4:00:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think it was Steve Price who got into trouble on Q & A for calling a woman hysterical. Well Aly certainly is. Have I broken a law?
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 5 April 2017 4:14:01 PM
Dear ttbn,

My remarks were not directed at you personally.
But it looks like I somehow struck a cord.
That was not my intent. I'm pleased that you
do have thick skin.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 5 April 2017 5:00:23 PM
"Of course, the law wouldn't just censor offensive debate about Islam, but all religions."

So, the recent SSM lobbyist harassment of certain Christians employed by IBM, Price Waterhouse and Macquarie University would be caught.

Tim Wilson, what recourse against such harassment would Christians have if the law were not so changed?
Posted by Raycom, Wednesday, 5 April 2017 5:38:48 PM
Blasphemy may or may not be punishable by law in some States, it's something of a legal puzzle.
However, the consensus seems to be that blasphemy may be prosecuted under the anti-discrimination laws.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 5 April 2017 6:21:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy