The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australia needs a uniform national approach to child-protection legislation > Comments

Australia needs a uniform national approach to child-protection legislation : Comments

By Francis Lynch, published 15/4/2002

Francis Lynch argues for a uniform national approach to child protection

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
I believe that Australia needs to protect children and families from those who abuse its child protection system. I am particularly concerned about those who raise false and malicious notifications - especially those who in SA are hiding behind the screen of "mandatory notification". Their "Good faith" and their "sincerity" are apparently never questioned.

These people have power in society and can make life hard for the children and families involved. I am a victim of a false notification. My children are victims of false notifications. It is unsafe for us to go near the place in the community where this person has power and is lying about our family. Yet this place would have been beneficial for our children (without the lying notifier in control). My children's whole life has been changed because he lied... in some ways ruined ....because of the inaction of the child protection system to deal with this malicious criminal.

Notifiers should not be allowed to call up and tell lies about children and their well-being. This is a primary form of abuse. A system whcih tolerates it is abusing the children. Yet I understand that other states do prosecute these criminals. For the sake of my children I long for Australia to support my children and not let adults abuse them by telling lies about them and their well-being.

Is a uniform policy the answer? Well maybe... at least legislation in other states clearly spells out the penalty of fabricating your "reasonable concern"; at least it looks as if other states do not tolerate these criminals; and in other states children do not have to be "removed" from certain places in society because there are people telling lies about them and their well-being; lies that they are never even brought to account for.
Posted by WWJD(children), Saturday, 2 December 2006 5:33:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I forgot to add, if anyone cares about children, and can offer any help with getting the system to deal with false and malicious notifiers please let me know.(I have evidence that no one is even looking at after 2.5 years of endless letters to MPs etc.).
Posted by WWJD(children), Saturday, 2 December 2006 5:51:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy