The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Netanyahu sends clear message to Trump, Putin, May and UN on Palestine > Comments

Netanyahu sends clear message to Trump, Putin, May and UN on Palestine : Comments

By David Singer, published 22/3/2017

Netanyahu should never tire of telling world leaders that the 100 years old Jewish-Arab conflict will not be resolved until the Arabs recognise the right of the Jewish people to their own independent State.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
The difficulty with these Israeli propaganda pieces is choosing one of numerous options to shred it to pieces. I thank Singer though for giving us the perfect lead in to demonstrate the absolute hypocrisy of Islamaphobes waving the Israeli flag.

I doubt the irony of Netanyahu going to Russia to talk about the so called 100 year Jewish-Arab conflict is lost on him. Conveniently he forgot to mention the overlap with the 1,2,3 hundred years or more Jewish-Europe conflict. For brevity's sake I'll keep it to the last 100 years of the Jewish-Europe conflict.

Long before the Nazis the Jews had a hard time of it in Europe, especially in Russia. The term antisemitic originated in Europe. Like the Nazis many 19th century politicians traded successfully on their antisemitism.

Jews were often stateless, unable to become citizens of their own country. Restrictions were placed on their movements in various countries. So it was not surprising that Zionism became more and more popular in the latter part of the 19th century. The Jews wanted their own homeland and they wanted it in their ancient ancestral homeland, far away from Europe.

At that time the Ottoman Empire was the imperial controller of that land. The Turks were only too willing to accept Jewish bribes for land. More often than not they kept the money and the land. With the Ottomans defeated in World War 1, the British became the new imperial controller. Now the bribes flowed their way.

So let's start wrapping this part up with what the Brits found in Palestine in 1920. Jews comprised about 11% of the population. Most of them were immigrants that had arrived in the previous 40 years. Prior to that the Jews comprised less than 5%.

So we are not talking here about a Jewish state for the local Jewish population. We are talking about a Jewish state for European Jewish refugees wanting to escape rampant antisemitism.
Posted by Anti-Colonial, Wednesday, 22 March 2017 11:25:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Proof that religion is dangerous and harmful. Forever fighting and killing'

yeah petty bad Mikk until you compare it with irreligious people. They butcher the unborn at incredible rates.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 22 March 2017 11:57:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't normally weigh into these Israel issues, but really, this essay is as sanctimonious as it is ridiculous.

Israel is a typical colonial power, doing all the things that colonial powers do - encroaching, encroaching, encroaching - until the situation morphs into a sanctimonious defence of their right to exist on the fruits of their encroachment.

International opinion is reaching the point of enough is enough. Nitpick all you like about historical facts on the ground. Israel only exists on the back of a dispossessed people that is being ground down by Israel's increasingly desperate maneuvering to keep them in their vanquished place.
Posted by Killarney, Thursday, 23 March 2017 2:42:20 AM
Why does the Jewish people's own independent state have to be in the Middle East? Seems to me this is what's causing all the trouble. Why there in particular? Seems there are lots of places a lot more accommodating to settle.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 23 March 2017 6:50:59 AM
Dear Loudmouth,

Being deliberately slippery with history is becoming your forte now it seems.

In 1993 the PLO as the representative body the Palestinian people recognised the State of Israel's right to exist.

In fact in a letter from Yasser Arafat to Prime Minister Rabin this was stated categorically;

“The signing of the Declaration of Principles marks a new era...I would like to confirm the following PLO commitments: The PLO recognizes the right of the State of Israel to exist in peace and security.”

Israel has never recognised the right of the Palestinian people to their own state. Why not?

And who was the biggest stumbling block to peace progressing? The current Israeli prime minister.

"They asked me before the election if I'd honor [the Oslo accords]... I said I would, but [that] I'm going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the '67 borders. How did we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I'm concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone. Go argue."
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 23 March 2017 10:49:27 AM
"It's not religion, mikk, it's Islam, which is a dictatorial, fascist organisation posing as a religion when it suits."

Sounds just like a description of all the other religions to me.

"yeah petty bad Mikk until you compare it with irreligious people. They butcher the unborn at incredible rates."

LOL runner. Yeah mate as if no godbotherer ever had an abortion.
Get your hand off it.
Posted by mikk, Thursday, 23 March 2017 11:36:27 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy