The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Free speech confusions: Australia's Q&A program > Comments

Free speech confusions: Australia's Q&A program : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 17/3/2017

What Monday's conversation tended to ignore were other concerns that have tended to hollow out, if not entirely sabotage, the notion of free speech in the Australian context.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Chereful, hmmm well aborigines, well I don't know but the rest of the
world has moved on, even as far as making steps into space.
Do they really want to sit there and not be a part of the world ?
They can just stay as they are now and change nothing or realise that
they can come along on the ride with the rest of us.
The rest of us do not have to pay for them to sit in a virtual museum.
Posted by Bazz, Sunday, 19 March 2017 3:00:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Taking a different viewpoint to the one above.

The little girl's Australian grandma, said, "hold your eyes wide with your fingers
and call the tormentors, Bug eyes!"

That makes me take the view that we all have slings and arrows in life, and maybe
It helps us learn how to stand up for ourselves when we handle nasty,unthinking
People.

There again, 18C is problematic. How much cotton wool do people need to be wrapped in.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 19 March 2017 3:07:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What law says I cannot comment on another persons religion? Why should any law say I cannot comment on another persons race, colour, religion or creed?

What law says I cannot say something that offends others and why should any law say I cant say something that offends others?

Why does the govt favour the use of legislation as the sole method of dealing with racism to the exclusion education?

Race laws exist for no other reason than to restrict freedom of speech to making comments that in all likleyhood are positively received.

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion but allow a very lively debate within that spectrum. – Noam Chomsky.
Posted by Referundemdrivensocienty, Wednesday, 22 March 2017 8:00:20 PM
STALIN WOULD BE PROUD OF THE LEFT !

The whole left array from somewhere inside the Labour party to the
ding-a-lings we have running the Victorian & Sth Australian governments
to the pseudo iridescent green opto communists we have rabbeting on
boring the rest of us stiff with their PC twaddle.

Look at the idiotacy that has come down on us in recent times;

Feminist Don't walk signs !
Shut down power stations that are the fundamental generators in our economy.
Fill the schools with analogue sex ideas, gauwd even Caligular never thought of that one !
Academics who are in their dreaming towers.

And the bloody rest of us are supposed to pay taxes to feed them !
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 22 March 2017 10:27:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy