The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The empty sea > Comments

The empty sea : Comments

By John Fairfax, published 1/3/2017

Photo evidence of beached whales shows evidence of starvation, sunken areas of body, less rounded body, emaciation.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Meanwhile it could quite rightly be said that this essay is related to the theme Biological Extinction which is the theme of a conference occurring this week - it is sponsored by the Vatican.
Strangely enough there has been no mention of this important conference in the mainstream Australian media.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Wednesday, 1 March 2017 2:00:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
curmudgeononathrone,

Have you seen the hyperlinked words in the article?
With my eyes on my computer they are almost impossible to see.
From your comment it seems you have not seen and comprehended the linked evidence.

Yes the aquaculture these days, aquaculture would not be viable if wild fish remained abundant and available and cheaper.
Wild fish has no production cost, no feed cost, no medicine cost.
Consumers generally prefer wild fresh tasting fish compared to farmed fish with less taste and loaded with antibiotics etc.

I suggest view the hyperlinks in the article and then pinpoint evidence to support moving on and ignoring the state of the world ocean.
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 1 March 2017 2:31:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Alan B,
Your post pricked my interest as I've recently been watching videos that include some of those kinds of issues.
I really think you should watch the following video, if you haven't already looked at this ongoing video series when I've posted links to it on earlier occasions.
http://youtu.be/zzPhA5vBRuw

In connection with the information in that video series I decided to check if 'Dyncorp' has or had operations in Phillipines; which they do, and I also found that there's also significant organ harvesting and human trafficking occurring there.

http://www.imtj.com/news/transplant-tourism-philippines-still-fighting-organ-trafficking/

On other videos George Webb also talks about 'Microfinancing' operations where these people are given small loans at high interest with the specific purpose of forcing them into slave labour, sex trafficking and organ harvesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_the_Philippines

George Webb's video series has truly been an eye opening learning experience.
If you care about the issues you raised Alan B. then I suggest you dig into George's video series and start to learn the cold hard truths of the matter.
I'm not expert on the topic but these things do seem to all occur together, almost like an organised operation.

Sorry to everyone for my off-topic comments.

I thank the author for his article and can only say that if this article is true in its report of the state of the oceans, then it's very sad indeed.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 1 March 2017 4:16:58 PM
Armchair,

Believe it or not your comment is not off topic.

Empirical evidence indicates people at the bottom of the Philippines economy are impacted by staple seafood depletion-linked hunger and are responding by resorting to desperate measures.
Those impacted are suffering chronic hardship.
Waters of the Philippines are virtually eaten out.
Fish populations have not been recovering due to nutrient pollution destroying seagrass nurseries on which small fish depend, on which big fish depend, on which island people depend at an affordable price. Affordability has been lost. Yes, people with money can import food or pay for fuel and time for distant fishing voyages, but think about those in dire need.

The article to this thread is 100 percent true but understated due to space. It needs a book or Royal Commission or international inquiry to identify and implement solutions.

Daffy Duck,

The state of the world ocean including all these 'canary in the coalmine' whale deaths worldwide, is not in mainstream media either.

http://www.ecowatch.com/false-killer-whales-dead-florida-2197384172.html?utm_source=EcoWatch+List&utm_campaign=7182330b88-MailChimp+Email+Blast&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_49c7d43dc9-7182330b88-86078561

and see full transcript at:

http://prezi.com/zig1wbd7kg90/decline-in-saltwater-fish-population/
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 1 March 2017 5:07:10 PM
Yes Armchair, I care more than mere words can ever convey, and am forced to watch human whales like, emaciated Clive and Gina lick the platter clean or dive into garbage just to ensure they don't fade into former shadows of themselves?

All irony aside, 10% of what those two lever from the common herd, would help a lot of filipinas get into selfhelp situations, not the least of which could be small permaculture operations that include fish farms in the mix of waste not want not permaculture.

And I have very close to home, sickening reasons for believing everything you've identified in the trafficked sex slave industry. With our authorities seeming to turn a blind eye, leaving the rescues/exposes to charitable institutions!

What do you suppose a seemingly completely desensitized Malcolm is shoving down his throat tonight?

A fisherman's basket replete with caviar and king crab? And washed down with a couple of bottles of mates Hermatage Grange? And the spilling was intended to add to the intended pun and the necessity of a couple of typos.
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 1 March 2017 5:50:27 PM
Ultimately all this stuff feeds into Nation Building.
And it makes me sad for the mess we bring on ourselves, through incompetence and wastefulness because I truly believe if we all put our heads together and were realistic about the issues that face us we could do so much better.

I don't know what Malcolm's favourite meals are Alan B, but I bet just one of them costs the taxpayer more than my monthly grocery bill.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 2 March 2017 9:59:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy