The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Ignored ironies: women, protest and Donald Trump > Comments

Ignored ironies: women, protest and Donald Trump : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 24/1/2017

These are hippies turned conservative protectors of the status quo, doves genetically modified to be hawks in Hillary Clinton's laboratory of politics.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Killarney

Stop evading.

I:
'What specifically about my post "spewed sexist bigotry, hatred, lies and double standards"?

(Note: SPECIFICALLY.)

You:
"How about this ... 'They spewed sexist bigotry, hatred, lies and double standards, all the time demanding that women should have all protections, provisions and privileges of patriarchy *and* feminism, while men should have the downsides of both, and be insulted and vilified into the bargain.'

I count about 10 howling examples of sexist bigotry, hatred, lies and double standards in that paragraph alone."

Well?

WHAT ARE THEY?

That's what I'm asking you. What are these 10 alleged examples, and why are they sexist bigotry etc.?

You:
Several more in all the other paragraphs, e.g. 'Why do you think women are entitled to political benefits and privileges just for being women?' and 'The one that really gave me a good belly-laugh was the one holding up the sign saying "Respect". What a joke!'

Why is that sexist, bigotted, etc.?

You believe that women are entitled to political benefits or privileges just for being women, don't you?

If not, does that mean that you support the abolition of government-funded abortion, and maternity leave?

Yes?

No?

Which?

You believe that women should have all the provisions, protections and privileges of patriarchy, don't you? Yes? No? Which? Answer the question.

If not, provide proof of your political activism to repeal compulsory child support law.

You think women should have the right to kill their own offspring in utero, but men don't have the same equal right? Yes? That's correct isn't it?

You think women should have the right to use the State to threaten people with prison and rape to force them to fund women's reproductive decisions, and force men into traditional patriarchal male sex roles, don't you?
Yes? Or no?

You believe in women having the "right" to exploit men as money objects, don't you? Yes? Or no?

Are you pro-choice on the funding of abortion? Yes? Or no?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Thursday, 26 January 2017 12:47:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I support US President Trump's decision (in theory at least) to cut funding for abortions.
I'm not specifically arguing that Australian women should never have abortions, but rather that other taxpayers should not be forced to pay for it.

What do others think about this?

Do others think its fair that a nations citizens (even ones who oppose abortion on religious grounds) should be forced to pay through their taxes for other peoples abortions, as well as abortions in foreign countries?

It should be noted that both the US and Australia tax their citizens to pay for foreign abortions.
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/donald-trump-abortion-decision-slammed-by-labor-as-dangerous-and-damaging-20170125-gtyda3.htm
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 26 January 2017 1:03:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC:
No one chooses to have an unwanted pregnancy anymore than they choose to be hit by a car while crossing the road. The health care system is there for all of us.

If we can afford to pay huge medical expenses for people who abuse themselves by poor health choices such as bad diet and smoking then we can afford to help those who need an abortion.
Posted by phanto, Thursday, 26 January 2017 2:14:15 PM
phanto

So you didn't know that sex causes babies?

Are you pro-choice on the funding of abortion, yes or no?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Thursday, 26 January 2017 2:51:59 PM
JKJ:

Can't I be in favour of funding for abortion but against abortion? I am not in favour of people eating themselves into cardiac arrest but I am in favour of treating them.
Posted by phanto, Thursday, 26 January 2017 4:06:46 PM
phanto

"Can't I be in favour of funding for abortion but against abortion?"

No. If you've in favour of funding for abortions then you're in favour of abortions that would not otherwise take place; so you're for them, not against them.

But the question is not "funding", it's compulsory funding.
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Thursday, 26 January 2017 4:26:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11