The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Education minister stubbornly oversees safe schools information blackout > Comments

Education minister stubbornly oversees safe schools information blackout : Comments

By Greg Donnelly, published 16/12/2016

Up until early July this year mums and dads could go to the Safe Schools Coalition Australia website and see if the school they sent their children to was a participant in the program.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Foxy,

Firstly most of those schools are in Victoria where comrade Dan tied the program to other funding, secondly I know parents of kid at PLC and Trinity, and the Program is nearly unrecognisable from the program introduced by Roz ward. Other than in Victoria SS was largely ignored by non government schools.

By 2018 it will be a skidmark in the history books.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 20 December 2016 7:24:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This is a disgraceful abuse of power. Parents and voters have a righ to know what is going on with this business. It is another case of the "Public be damned".
Posted by Gadfly42, Tuesday, 20 December 2016 11:54:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So Gadfly42 as you are so concerned with the abuse of power we can assume you sit in on yours school's religious classes?

No...how do you know they are not grooming your children for the local priests?

If you don't trust your school's teachers and principals perhaps you need to "home school" where at least your kids will only be taught your brand of paranoia!
Posted by Peter King, Wednesday, 21 December 2016 11:42:33 AM
Dear SM,

Those prestigious private schools that were mentioned
were not all from Victoria. Presbyterian Ladies' College
in WA and Scotch College in Adelaide also opted for
the program. There were even more names that were
listed that I did not mention from interstate,
so your argument does not hold much weight. I have
family and friends whose children attend Scotch College,
Trinity Grammar, Methodist Ladies' College, and
Carey Baptist - and their accounts of the Safe Schools
program certainly does not match what you claim your
friends have experienced. I'm sure that the Administrative
Staff at any of those schools would be able to verify and
answer any questions that you may have about the program
that is being taught at their schools should you want
to follow up on this matter.

For me this discussion has now run its course. I look
forward to our next one.

Cheers.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 21 December 2016 3:56:44 PM
Foxy,

I said most not all.

It would appear that NSW leads the field in rationality at private schools.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 22 December 2016 2:35:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy