The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > My country, my shame > Comments

My country, my shame : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 28/11/2016

What does this appalling doublespeak imply? Accustom human beings working for the Australian government to torture and trauma? All it takes for evil to be done to others is for people of goodwill to close their eyes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Wow Peter what an article of mis-information -

Amnesty International has accused Australia a "torturing refugees in Nauru? Are you really serious?

Please come back to us as writers/posters on "online" with "actual" facts.

As I can come back with more "factual" evidence/facts from Senate Committee Meetings, and not from newspaper reports.
Posted by SAINTS, Monday, 28 November 2016 11:56:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Peter

And I haven't even started on Gillian Triggs Human Rights Commissioner - latest court proceedings and other info.
Posted by SAINTS, Tuesday, 29 November 2016 12:09:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OK you lot ,leave little David alone. This bullying has to stop! It is not good enough that you keep pointing out David's shortcomings but also you are being hurtful on a personal level.
Yes he is of the left which means he has to control everything and if anything goes wrong it is someone else's fault. Despite education going backwards over the last sixty odd years it is not the fault of David and his fellow academics.
I blame conservatives like Tony Abbott and Jeff Kennett.
P.S. I reckon the ABC will publish this because it hits TW and JK!
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 29 November 2016 8:06:54 AM
The author’s reliance on political correctness is undoubted.

“Gay marriage has been put off, possibly for months, even years, despite the government knowing full well that the majority of Australians support same sex marriage.”

It is indeed puzzling that the supposed majority was not allowed to be confirmed by holding the plebiscite.

“Human induced global warming has had a rough ride in Australian politics. And is still contested by segments of our current government.”

As the author professes to be a researcher and ethicist, let him produce empirical scientific evidence to substantiate the hypothesis that anthropogenic CO2 emissions cause dangerous global warming
Posted by Raycom, Tuesday, 29 November 2016 11:03:12 PM
Really? Suffering from cultural cringe are we? So what country would you like to live in? The Philippines, Cuba, Malaysia, Indonesia, Syria, Yemen, Ethiopia, Sudan, Russia, Iraq, Iran, Cambodia, Sri Lanka, India, Lybia, Haiti, Afghanistan, Bangladesh?

If you as it seems are a LW Progressive and only listen to LW Progressive voices and don't have a good general knowledge of the world, which allows you to separate truth from lies, reality from myth then I suppose it is inevitable for one to have such a pov.

I personally would live in no other country and I am not ashamed of my country. We have made mistakes in the past and we are not perfect, but... in all honesty, I would not want to live anywhere else.
Posted by T800, Monday, 5 December 2016 8:03:22 AM
The author’s reliance on political correctness is undoubted.

“Gay marriage has been put off, possibly for months, even years, despite the government knowing full well that the majority of Australians support same sex marriage.”

It is indeed puzzling that the supposed majority was not allowed to be confirmed by holding the plebiscite.

“Human induced global warming has had a rough ride in Australian politics. And is still contested by segments of our current government.”

As the author professes to be a researcher and ethicist, let him produce empirical scientific evidence to substantiate the hypothesis that anthropogenic CO2 emissions cause dangerous global warming.

TOTALLY AGREE with you Raycom, there will be no response as no refutation would be truthful.
Posted by T800, Monday, 12 December 2016 7:59:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy