The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Tougher penalties needed for domestic violence perpetrators > Comments

Tougher penalties needed for domestic violence perpetrators : Comments

By Cassandra Pullos, published 18/11/2016

Domestic violence has become such a scourge in the community, our lawmakers must impose tougher penalties for DV offenders.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Cassandra, i must admit i have not read all your post but from the first page it appears the usual blah blah blah.

What I assume you fail to realise is that to treat DV, we first have to recognise the real causes. For example;

Take away those who's religion promotes disrespecting women. Then take away a large portion of indigenous DV as this is treatable by removing the likes of alcohol, then we must also identify the cases of DV from relationships built around elicit drug use and finally, the cases caused by man hating, vindictive women, hell bent on seeking revenge, usually through the kids.

Now once we identity these, then put them aside, i think you will find the problem is nowhere near as bad as you make out, however, by not identifying the causes, you are merely treating the symptom and ignoring the cause.
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 21 November 2016 9:55:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All sorts of excuses are being dreamed up by social engineers to fend off action to put a stop to domestic violence by putting an immediate stop to those who commit it by committing assault.

Simply bang the mongrels up in gaol, first offence, and leave them there to do hard time until the victims authorise their release - even if it means decades so the victims can get on with their lives free of fear of assault. Reduce gaol costs by locking the bashers 23 hours a day in their cells and by abolishing imprisonment for a whole range of non-violent offences.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 21 November 2016 12:14:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is really important to take the word Domestic out of it. The fact that it occurs in and around the home should not make it a lesser charge nor a lesser sentence.
Our homes should be the safest places we can possibly be. Violence in the home is perhaps the worst crime of all because it happens where we should be safest.

Sadly the powers that be give the perpetrator sanctity in the home by viewing criminal actions which take place there as being somehow lesser than street crime.
Call the crimes what they are: grievous bodily harm, aggravated assault, assault with a weapon, murder, coward punch too ( why does the place it happened lessen its effect?)

There are lots of words spoken about crime in the home but I left a violent abusive man 10 years ago and I have seen absolutely no change in how perpetrators are being dealt with in that time. Instead of debating the matter ask women who have been involved why they feel so let down by authorities and government.
Posted by Hilily, Monday, 21 November 2016 3:54:26 PM
Hilily makes the point clear as day, the truth that bashers and those sympathetic with bashers weasel away from: "Our homes should be the safest places we can possibly be. Violence in the home is perhaps the worst crime of all because it happens where we should be safest."

So end their bullying rule now and have done with it. Lock the "I did me block" scum up and leave them locked up till their victims say when they should be released and on what terms. Why hesitate behind a heap of social engineering and gender stereotpying and psychobabble about persuading them to change their ways? Simply stop them
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 21 November 2016 4:46:09 PM
Jules, brilliant policy you have thought up "bang the mongrels in gaol". Would that be with or without first a trial?
Posted by Roscop, Monday, 21 November 2016 5:17:26 PM
To Roscop: Nothing to weasel out of here to let thugs get away with "doing their block". First a trial for assault committed in the victim's home (where the victim should be even safer than someone randomly attacked in the street or a nightclub or somewhere). Then if the basher is convicted of the assault an indefinite prison sentence to be ended only if and when and on what conditions the victim freely accepts the basher's release.

It's not rocket science. Just simple justice at the perp's expense, not the victim's and the community's as is the case today leading to DV being totally unnecessarily an ongoing blight with perps and perp sympathisers pushing to let them remain in a position to do DV
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 21 November 2016 6:00:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy