The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What can you do to prepare for an ageing population? > Comments

What can you do to prepare for an ageing population? : Comments

By Paul Cann, published 31/10/2016

The next politician, public health official or consultant that uses terms such as ‘demographic timebomb’ or ‘silver tsunami’should be sacked.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Misanthrope

You will change your mind about that when you reach 69years.
And you will reach that age unless the unforseen happens.
The clock goes around for us all.

The people over 70years today had to pay for the support of the elder genereation when they were young, so now its their turn to be supported.

I am inclined to agree with you when it comes to euthaniseing those with advanced
alziehmers disease.
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 31 October 2016 9:21:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Me my age is 81 years I use many medicines but otherwise I'm in good shape and very strong with a wife and many kids who are now older people all with work. My suggestion will became law one day soon, you watch otherwise this small world where we all live will explode. All because of to many people living here and using all the food and medicines need for younger people who happen to fall sick or ill.

More things will happen to, with those young men and woman who wont work after 1 year, they must work or be put to sleep same as old people, for spongeing on the society for so long, and being lazy as well. Mr Joseph Hockey a treasure for the government said the time for entitlment is over now. So everybody must finally work now don't you think, or are all Ozzies lazy like many people in Europe say so. In my town of Elbasan, in my former country of Albania, all people work or else the Army come for you quick smart! You work there be very sure of that, or you go away and nobody will get to see you or your family or anybody, if the Army come for you.
Posted by misanthrope, Tuesday, 1 November 2016 1:27:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Old people over 70 don't do much but take a lot of extra money from the young people cause of their bad health which is not very fair is it.//

Seems reasonable. If we think it is reasonable to ban young, productive lifters from the country because they came on a boat, then we need to cut back on the leaners as well - and nobody leans more than those who have lived out their threescore and ten, and exhausted their useful productive lives. I say give them five years to enjoy a few shyts and giggles, then round them up for Carousel at threescore and fifteen.

No doubt some of the oldies will be triggered and whine about 'age discrmination'. But given that most of the oldies around here are only a sheet, a pillowcase and a sewing machine away from being full Klansmen, I'd be more than happy to volunteer for Sandman duty.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 1 November 2016 4:48:19 PM
Well-named :) I nearly cacked myself over your comical contribution:

"To stop the world from over population all people over 70 should be put to sleep without any pain. Unless they are very important to the younger population, like doctors and scientists, pilots, politicians, builders, policemen, soldiers and many other people who contribute many good things to the society......"

If you're lucky, Misanthrope, sooner or later you will reach that age. If I'm still alive, get in touch and I'll be happy to fulfil your suggestion.

Then you suggest,

"Old people over 70 don't do much but take a lot of extra money from the young people cause of their bad health which is not very fair is it."

Sorry, I'm still laughing. Yes, old people should be worked to death, preferably in hard-labour jobs that young people won't touch. Bastards. So if disease kills them off, stiff.

The baby boomer generation turns 70 this year. I was born in 1942. People much older went through the Depression, then the War, then rationing. When the good times came, they worked through the next few decades, raised their kids relatively early, bought their own homes and put something by for their old age, so as not to be burdens on their kids.

So kiss my hairy arse.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 7 November 2016 9:16:40 AM
Loudmouth is a very rude person are you not. I say nothing rude to you but you say to me rude things. My age is 81 nearly 82 I still work hard but I need medicines a lot of medicines so I think my time is now come. And it is time to help young people have the medicines I have so to make them better otherwise we have nobody to make this beautiful country work better.

I was in Albania militia for many years more then 11 years(made by the government to be in militia) and all the cruelty and dead I saw made me very ill, and it was against God's law. You must think yourself to be very lucky Loudmouth to live here in Australia where you can talk and be rude to any person without the policeman coming to your house and take you far away from everybody you love and not be seen anymore. But you do not know because you are just a rude little man Loudmouth one day you will learn?
Posted by misanthrope, Monday, 7 November 2016 10:31:47 AM
Hi Misanthrope,

Well, I'm from Bankstown :) Seriously, you sound as if you are fully entitled to many more years of life, and if it happens to ever be younger people who are paying taxes for your health care, so be it. The second part is a bit hypothetical, though, unless you mean back-packers.

As for Cherful's suggestion to rub out people with 'advanced Alzheimer's', i.e. when they presumably would have no say in it, wouldn't that be straight-out murder ? At least a Nazi-type solution, if not murder ?

I wonder if anybody has done research into the possible links between supporters of euthanasia and those of eugenics ......

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 7 November 2016 11:29:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy