The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Why some voters embrace Hanson and Trump > Comments

Why some voters embrace Hanson and Trump : Comments

By Toby Ralph, published 26/10/2016

There's a serious misunderstanding of the intentions of many Donald Trump and Pauline Hanson voters.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Rache,

As you did last time - in a very confused manner, accused Jews of the behaving like Muslims - you have the got the shoe on the wrong foot. All the venom you blame on Trump and Hanson supporters actually comes from the Marxist Left which you, in your ignorance, adhere to apparently. The Left often complains about hate-speech all the while spewing out hate and fear themselves. If you are truly against the things you complain of, you are on the wrong side.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 26 October 2016 3:43:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Allow me to stir the possum, as follows:

"Western civilisation needs Trump. Western women need Trump. Feminists need Trump, as distasteful as this might seem to them. Let me go on. Christians need Trump. Jews need Trump. LGBTs need Trump. This is not the time to fret about Trump’s personal weaknesses for women. It is the time to rely on his strengths and his policies."

I thought that in the present context, this provided an interesting and perhaps unusual perspective.

See: https://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/2016/10/fair-weather-prattling/
Posted by Pilgrim, Wednesday, 26 October 2016 6:47:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HOW CAN OLO PRINT THIS RUBBISH? Globalisation via the debt money creation system is enslaving the entire planet. Pauline Hanson wants bank reform and Trump wants the people to have some democracy and stop the US war machine.WTF ?
Posted by Arjay, Wednesday, 26 October 2016 6:50:21 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Michael Moore's take on why some voters embrace Trump https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKeYbEOSqYc

Never saw this one coming, I thought he was a typically double standard "progressive" mouthpiece.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 26 October 2016 7:34:07 PM
And then there is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uElelx7rnbg very weird.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 26 October 2016 7:45:24 PM
Interesting video from Moore. The polls will need to be catastrophically wrong for his forecast to be correct, but I think he has captured the mood of those people, and I think that is what Toby is talking about.

I'd differ from both of them though in saying it isn't necessarily people who've been hurt by globalisation who are going to say "F U". There is a lot more at work here than economics.

There is a whole value system that is being challenged by the elites.

I heard Tony Burke on radio this morning complaining that the government won't listen to experts like Gillian Triggs, Justin Gleeson and the scientists on global warming. The idea that these people, who get their importance by being appointed in the first place by the Tony Burke's of the world, and have different values from most Australians, should be ceded the right to tell us all what to do is what gets up the noses of the people who vote Hanson or Trump.

Those are people like Michael Moore. Now he's recognised the problem, I wonder what he will do about it.

We do live in a democracy, but the technocrats and demagogues wish it weren't so, and will do what they can to stifle it.
Posted by GrahamY, Wednesday, 26 October 2016 7:51:31 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy