The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Unsettled Malcolm Roberts queries United Nation's science > Comments

Unsettled Malcolm Roberts queries United Nation's science : Comments

By John Nicol and Jennifer Marohasy, published 16/9/2016

At high altitudes, the greenhouse gases provide the only mechanism for the radiation of heat from the atmosphere to space.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. 41
  9. Page 42
  10. All
Siliggy,

The pond at my disposal is not ideal for various specific temperature measurements. Sun and shade areas are not clearly defined because shade from wind blown leaves is constantly changing shady patches into sunny patches.
And various algae is too tightly packed. Not enough space to measure clear water.

But I have measured as you asked.
Temp of the stringy type algae at the surface measured 17.4 C.
Temp 300 mm down under and within that same stringy algae, at the pond bottom of the pond, measured 15.5 C.

Atmospheric temp in the shade 2M above the pond surface measured 20.2 C.

In the heart of leafy macro algae where sun and shade was flashing on and off, the temp measured 19.1 C.

Surface water temp in the shade measured 16.2 C.

My general point is that if there was no algae then those higher temps would not exist in that location.

I think it important to note the pond temp differences are only a few or fractions of a degree, which is similar to the slight rise in temp measured in AGW science on land.

I think northerly winds over the Atlantic Ocean are picking up warmth from the historically unprecedented sargassum (and other) algae mass on the ocean surface and that warmed wind is sometimes helping to melt more ice than usual in Greenland.
Posted by JF Aus, Monday, 24 October 2016 4:10:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
J F Aus
Thanks for doing that. Was most keen to see the other 300mM deep measurement. That is one that was not below the algae.
Also not at the bottom. Like one meter apart horizontal with one under the alge and one not and both at 150mM and both in the sun.
Speaking of sun it may alter your thermometer readings by directly heating the probe.
Sadly all of those measurements are a far too fuzzy to be used for anything serious but do give ideas to chase.
Sorry J F, I am far too busy to get right into this and as I said before perhaps not the right person for you to do it with but will keep digging up and am still interested.
Am also convinced that sewage could and should be dealt with better. Like being trucked off to be buried in worm farms etc. Also that on a global scale plankton events could do far more to change both temperature and CO2 levels than we have seen recently.
Check this out.
""During the 1920s and 1930s, there was a dramatic warming of the northern North Atlantic Ocean."
"Based on increased phytoplankton and zooplankton production in several areas, it is argued that bottom-up processes were the primary cause of these changes. The warming in the 1920s and 1930s is considered to constitute the most significant regime shift experienced in the North Atlantic in the 20th century."
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/222661107_The_regime_shift_of_the_1920s_and_1930s_in_the_North_Atlanti
Posted by Siliggy, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 8:08:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Link atempt two.
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/222661107_The_regime_shift_of_the_1920s_and_1930s_in_the_North_Atlantic
Posted by Siliggy, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 8:18:41 AM
Siliggy.

All good.
Thank you so much.

It's not my field either.
As for those earlier years there was human and town horse and other animal waste and rubbish going into rivers and sea.
No landfill as we know it today.
Plus building dykes and industry.

I think solutions now are key to prosperity and peace
Posted by JF Aus, Tuesday, 25 October 2016 8:43:39 AM
Update - Summary.

Algae compared to adjacent clear fresh water can retain temperature up to or at least .5 C degrees overnight from sundown to pre-sunrise.

Stringy-type pond algae was scooped up filling one container with adjacent clear water filling a second container.

The same size containers were placed about 200mm apart in equal light and shade and wind conditions.

Temperatures were taken with an electrical digital multi-meter with a heat probe.

It can be easily seen algae is linked to heat that would not be present if algae was not present.

NASA images clearly indicate ocean and lake algae is linked to precipitation of cloud and change in weather and probably change in climate.

Continuing focus on CO2 and failure to take due action on sewage and land use nutrient overload pollution feeding the algae, is causing impact and consequences to rapidly worsen. (including increase in storm intensity)

United Nations associated AGW science should also be queried as to inclusion or not of measurement and assessment of warmth associated with ocean and lake algae plant matter.

John C Fairfax.
Posted by JF Aus, Thursday, 27 October 2016 10:28:48 AM
Since my post above on 27 October 2016 I have been using a digital temperature probe to measure heat in a container of algae and an equal sized and placed container of apparently plain water.

Warmth in the container of algae is always higher than in the plain water, consistently higher from 0.1 C to 2.1 C.

Some warmth remains until sunrise next day.

Measurements are yet to be undertaken in full sunlight.

Surely warmth in ocean algae plant matter should also be queried and measured and assessed in United Nations AGW associated science.
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 13 November 2016 12:55:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 39
  7. 40
  8. 41
  9. Page 42
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy