The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Church has a duty to be involved in euthanasia debate > Comments

Church has a duty to be involved in euthanasia debate : Comments

By Megan Best, published 2/9/2016

In any other group, a request for death would alert a doctor for urgent psychiatric review: why is this group of patients being treated so differently?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Diver: excellent point and hear, hear! Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Saturday, 3 September 2016 11:21:24 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there DIVER DAN...

Sadly you're absolutely correct - the rich can die comfortable, whereas the poor just have to hurry up and die, because they need the bed, irrespective of what palliative care they may need. We live in an inordinately unfair society I reckon, where even dying with dignity depends on one's bank balance.
Posted by o sung wu, Saturday, 3 September 2016 11:34:58 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Allan B,

Not only are you a hypocrite - continuing to shout abuse, while whining about the supposed abuse of others - but you are also not very bright. I couldn't care less about your views on SSM. I couldn't care less if you wanted to shack up with a man. You are entitled to think and do as you wish. You can call me anything you wish too - homophobe, racist, right wing whatever - again, I couldn't care less. But when you claim that people abuse and hate certain people you think you need to defend, while spouting the same sort of abuse and hate yourself, you are not much chop, in my view. You have already been advised by the editor that you engage in personal attacks, and you argued about that, too. You are a nasty bigot, Allan; one I will not attempt to talk to again. You are typical of all deluded individuals who think that anyone not like them must be 'bad', because you are sooo 'good'. I pity you for your total ignorance of mankind and your refusal to accept that you are not the font of all wisdom. Hell, you are still incapable of answering my original question, preferring to try to put me down rather than admit that you are a hypocrite. Goodbye, and good luck with the head-banging.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 3 September 2016 5:01:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would like to drill into the statistics of 2500 suicides PA, and identify why suicide is so prevalent among the aged population; particularly male!
From my observations of life, those with minimum resources are the most vulnerable.

When the question of euthanasia arises, debate on the cohort of the population who will be given the option is ignored.

It seems pretty obvious that people generally who find themselves in dire straights requiring unaffordable medical attention for chronic diseases, have already chosen death by their own hand!

Euthanasia is a lovely wollen blanket for the wealthy to placate anxiety of impending doom, that will no doubt, be added as another layer of the "dogs breakfast" of the over pampered medical practicianers, to add to their cart! Hang the expense, (excuse the pun)!

http://www.mindframe-media.info/for-media/reporting-suicide/facts-and-stats
Posted by diver dan, Sunday, 4 September 2016 7:45:20 AM
nobody on this site who is not dying or over 70years old, or having chronic unbearable
pain has a right to decide this issue.

Only those going through these things have the right to make a dcision on it,

The Drs excuse that they have to administer the euthanasia drugs is not valid.

Make those Drugs available to the individuals in the above dying circumstances
with instructions of dosage and they would be capable of taking the drug themselves.

I watched it done on a documentart in a country where it is legal.

It involved drinkiing about a third of a small glass of a liquid.
It was the most peaceful way to die you could wish for. It was over in seconds
with no stress to the patient at all. I saw my husbands mother in her dying days,
As her organs shut down she started to have violent siezures, awful spasms while
she was awake and conscious that were wracking her body and lifting her off the bed
with the violent movement.
We reported it to the nurses but they didnt seem to be able to provide much help.

A lot of the time people not going through awful dying processes,, think they should have all the say about it.
They are not quailied to know what the hell they are talking about until they experience it, or are going through it.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 4 September 2016 11:08:53 PM
I have a "sudden" interest in this subject due to a spike in deaths of those around me.
Death, the silent calamity.

Nobody dying wants to die; first observation. Even the few I were acquainted with who took their own lives at the end of personal struggles, were driven in the end, by insurmountable pressures of life. Drug addiction seems to feature, but marital dysfunction featured high on the list.

Most hung themselves in various places. One from a tree in the swamps where if not for the trail of blowflies, would still not be found. One electrocuted himself on a bed frame in the garage.

2500 deaths PA at their own hand, indicates to anybody with minimal intelligence, a dire need for easier access to a dignified end surely!

Seems to this little black duck, the debate on euthanasia is becoming "gentrified" and it's suggested uses corralled into a defined medical use for the medical profession. An addition to the dogs breakfast of money making opportunities, assisting doctors in adding another floor to their North shore mansions!

Yes, I'm cynical with years of observation of pretence, that the medical fraternity actually give a stuff about anything but the bottom line.
Cheerful is on the mark. An alternative to an otherwise unbearable situation should be cheap and readily available to all who have finally chosen death as an alternative!
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 5 September 2016 7:44:57 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy