The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Abbas abandons peace negotiations with Israel > Comments

Abbas abandons peace negotiations with Israel : Comments

By David Singer, published 24/8/2016

Mahmoud Abbas’s decision to prosecute Britain for publishing the 1917 Balfour Declaration amounts to an outright rejection of the right of the Jewish people to have their own state.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Actually I pulled the quote from the link below and if you read the full post there you may learn a little more truth than the garbage you espouse.

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2016/08/22/the-genocide-of-a-land-paul-craig-roberts/

Cheers
Geoff
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Thursday, 25 August 2016 12:16:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#Geoff
Thank you for telling us the source for your incomplete quote of what Ben Gurion supposedly said.

I make the following observations:

1. Your source is an article by Paul Craig Roberts that contains Ben Gurion’s supposed quote.

2. Paul Roberts’ article is titled “The Genocide of a Land” – which marks him as one of those rabid Jew haters to which I referred. Anyone using the term “genocide” in relation to the Palestinian Arabs is peddling a falsity since their population is not being wiped out but is increasing with every passing year.

3. Roberts attributes the Ben Gurion quote to having appeared in an article by Thomas L Are – not its original source which was the 1978 article by Goldmann.

4. A perusal of Are’s site shows he used the quote and attributed it to having appeared in the following articles:
“This quote is documented in numerous sources. I refer to the book by Don Wagner and Walt Davis, Zionism and the Quest for Justice in the Holy Land. (Pickwick Publications, 2014) p.21. And Chas W. Freeman, Jr. America’s Continuing Misadventures in the Middle East,(Just Word Books, 2016) p.48.”

Again – no attribution to the original article which appeared in 1978 purporting to reveal verbatim a private conversation held 22 years previously where the person supposed to have said it died in 1973.

5. Get the drift? You have been scammed by people who are not revealing that the quote by Ben Gurion only first found the light of day 22 years after he allegedly made it and five years after his death when he cannot confirm or deny its veracity. Then they print only of part of that supposed quote – not the complete text - which gives it an entirely different meaning.

That is how Palestinian propaganda works from people like Roberts and Are who clearly don’t like Jews and Israel – and how people like you unwittingly perhaps swallow this rubbish without checking first.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to show how these propagandists work.

The garbage is all yours Geoff.
Posted by david singer, Thursday, 25 August 2016 4:02:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"1.All demolitions are of unauthorized buildings and structures after having been so determined by the Israeli Courts.

2.The Jews right to reconstitute their national home in Palestine was unanimously approved by the League of Nations and preserved by the United Nations."
The Jewish homeland , although not an action of G-d Y--h in 1948, was a good thing . But sentence 1 is not the corollary of 2. The good of 1948 has become something like 1939 , legally .
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 25 August 2016 4:22:37 PM
David,
You can throw it anyway you like but the world is watching and witnesses the genocide you constantly deny.

Ttbh, Israel is not a democracy, it is a fascist state.

Rabid Zionists are you David, no ifs or buts there.

You are a people hater and the decline and failure of the US empire, guaranteed to occur within five years will see the demise of Israel as a State, I can't wait. Give the land back to the Arabs and go home to Europe, another failing empire, you make me sick.

Pathetic really
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Thursday, 25 August 2016 6:44:38 PM
The palestinians will make peace with Israel when they love their children more than they hate Jews.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 25 August 2016 8:30:00 PM
#Geoff

I thought you would be incensed to learn you had become an innocent victim of Paul Roberts incomplete and misleading Ben Gurion quote which you had been duped into believing was true and accurate - when in fact it was allegedly made in a private conversation in 1956 and did not surface unti 1978 - five years after Ben Gurions's death.

Instead of condemning Roberts for making a fool out of you - you attack me and repeat and make further lmisleading and unsubstantiated claims against Israel and the Jewish people.

This leads me to conclude you are not a victim of these rabid Jew-haters but you are indeed part of the same cabal as Roberts and Are that deliberately are attempting to mislead and deceive the public because of their obsessive hatred of Jews.

You are of course perfectly entitled to stand side by side and be identified with these pathetic haters.

Stand exposed as the #Geoff with no clothes.

Not a pretty sight.
Posted by david singer, Friday, 26 August 2016 3:53:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 12
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy