The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Closing Manus Island's detention centre: the search for alternative cruelties > Comments

Closing Manus Island's detention centre: the search for alternative cruelties : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 22/8/2016

The persistent, gruesome alibi in this awful mess has been the good Samaritan nonsense of preventing asylum seekers and refugees from drowning on route to Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
overpopulation, will always try to spread to greener pastures
Its simple cause and effect.

The overpopulation uses up the land and available resources.

Why should those who have pastures left because they havent
overpopulated give them away to those who persist in having too
many children.

I think it is actually a male dominance problem.
Posted by CHERFUL, Wednesday, 24 August 2016 1:32:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well the male is the strongest hunter.
Some people have flogged their land because of economic necessity such as in the Middle East.
Other reachable inhabitable land is overpopulated and eaten out such as in Asia.
Some green pasture farmers sell out to the highest bidder.

However why should claim jumpers be allowed to walk in and out where they like?

Anyone who is real danger can seek refuge in any Australian Embassy of High Commission office, instead of trying to get to Australia illegally.

The whole world's needy people cannot fit into Australia's economy, nor can any ongoing flow of illegal economic refugees.

I think it would be best to help refugees to restore or stimulate the economy of their own countries.
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 24 August 2016 12:28:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
JSAUS

Its not the males prowess at hunting I am referring to.

It is the male belief in overpopulated countries, that women shouldnt
be given control over ther own wombs.

I do agree with some of your post, but in regard to supporting these people
economically, we have been pouring billions in
world aid into countires like Africa for 50years. and yet the situation
in those countries never seems to change. The leaders seem incapable of building pipelines for a start, and people have no clean drinkng water in a lot of areas.
Posted by CHERFUL, Wednesday, 24 August 2016 11:59:24 PM
CHERFUL: It is the male belief in overpopulated countries, that women shouldn't be given control over there own wombs.

I don't really believe that to be true of the ordinary person in most Westernized Countries. It is the Opinion of a few vocal Religious Nutters & the Politicians who are afraid of them. It's a different kettle of Fish when it comes to ME Countries but the cause of the problem is exactly the same. Religion.

CHERFUL: we have been pouring billions in world aid into countries like Africa for 50 years. and yet the situation in those countries never seems to change.

Of course not. The bulk of the AID never gets to the people to whom it is intended. Exceptions are when Photo Opportunities are held to Beef up the incoming AID Donations. Three years of personal experience in this area gives one a bit of an idea as to what goes on.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 25 August 2016 11:55:05 AM
CHERFUL,

I agree with Jayb.

f.y.i.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/phantom-aid-never-leaves-our-shores/2007/05/27/1180205079584.html
Posted by JF Aus, Thursday, 25 August 2016 2:53:11 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy