The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Kevin Rudd's failed UN Secretary General bid > Comments

Kevin Rudd's failed UN Secretary General bid : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 29/7/2016

That Rudd would even think he had a chance offers an insight into a particular brand of megalomania.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Plantagenet

How about a Prime Minister with the highest public approval rating of any Prime minister in Australia's history.

And a Prime Minister who had over 1 million twitter followers (10 times more than Julia Gillard).

And a Prime Minister who was never expelled or suspended from Parliament (as compared to the Totally Irksome Christopher Pyne who was sin bined 43 times, and the Inconsequential Anthony Albanese who was sin bined 30 times, and the Hated and Loathed Joy Hockey who was sin binned 27 times).

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp1314/DisorderlyConduct#_Toc374524752.

But acting against Rudd was that he was a Christian, which is almost political suicide in the Labor party.

And he was male, while the Labor party wanted a female Prime Minister to appease the feminists.

And Rudd did not fully play ball with the americans, and withstood attempts to increase the size of the US military base in Darwin.

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2011/03/08/1226017/508173-110308-obama-handballs-gillard.jpg

So Rudd had to go.

But then Rudd had to be brought back as leader of the Labor party, or the Labor party was going to face its greatest election defeat in its history under the leadership of a feminist.

And the defeat was going to be so great the Liberal party could regain control of the lower house and the upper house, plunging Australia back into the abyss of the Howard era, but with Abbott as its leader.

All Australians should feel totally grateful Rudd was brought back as leader of the Labor party, as Rudd saved Australia from that abyss.
Posted by interactive, Saturday, 30 July 2016 3:14:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't believe Rudd intended to become Secretary General. Rudd was doing what Rudd does, that being distracting and entertaining listening people with useless to individual people's lives with simple political blar blar. Blar blar allows assumed intelligent judgments to be felt.

There is nothing to be learned Rudd's story, other than listeners feeling smart for little more than the media reinforcing listeners simplest judgment.

Focusing on the simplest ideas distracts listeners from being bored. Boredom could have encouraged bored people into being more creative, more innovative. learning by mistakes, getting better at being innovative.

Rudd and all the political blar blar distractions, allows focused listeners to be dumber than if listeners had not bothered to listen.

it is difficult to think for one's self if emotions lead people to listen to go nowhere, nothing to do with listeners, media promoted news.

Keven Rudd and all other politicians are doing what religious ministers and priests do. that being to distract potential thought onto nothing.
Posted by steve101, Saturday, 30 July 2016 3:50:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interactive,

I really cannot think of a single reason why I should be grateful to Rudd. I know he fooled a few people at the start, but from what I have heard about the twitterati, those million 'friends' of Rudd's were fools in the first place.

Rudd was the worst, most absurdly ridiculous PM Australia has ever had - even worse than Gillard, Turnbull, Faser and Billy McMahon. You will note that most of the real dills were non-Labor, so it is not just my political bias on show, it is not just because he was Labor that he was a total flop. Gawd knows what Bob Hawke and Paul Keating thought of Rudd, privately.

I don't think the friends and family of the victims of the pink bats fiasco would think a lot of him, either. As for the GFC he tried to spend Australia out of, had he been as smart as he thinks he is, even now, after all his blunders and failures, he would have known that Rooseveld tried the same stunt in the USA after WW11, and it did not work there, either; but ratty Rudd thought he could make if work. Such a BS artist was he, that he convinced the unaware, and the younger generation, that he 'saved Australia from the GFC when, in reality, our disciplined, safe banking system and lower debt (thanks to the Coalition) saved the day.

Still, don't let me spoil your hero worship with reality.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 30 July 2016 7:27:08 PM
Well thank god for small mercies. The sensible ministers stopped this fool Turnbull making what would have been his greatest mistake, yet.

I'll bet the Labor lot are breathing a sigh of relief, Surely after inflicting the worst ever, [even worse than Turnbull is becoming] PM in history on Oz, I'm sure they would really prefer he went away quietly.

Making a fool of himself this time on a bigger world stage, would not be a good look for Labor, who did a Yes Minister to drag him from the bureaucracy in the first place.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 30 July 2016 9:46:28 PM
ttbn

I hope Kevin Rudd sues for defamation of character.

These pampered pussy politicians, who have rarely done a decent days work in their entire lives, and continuously lie and cheat and deceive the public, now want to turn on one of their own, and call them "dysfunctional" or "vengeful"

What a joke that is.

And when a politician is ejected or suspended from Parliament (for being themselves), I would think they should be fined $1000 that goes to a charity.

The next ejection or suspension from Parliament by that politician, then they are fined $2000, and the next $4000, and the next $8000 and so on.

It would be a considerable amount going to charity after members of the Labor party were ejected 400 times under the leadership of the Pathetic Bill Shorten.

As for Australia being saved by Kevin Rudd, it most certainly was.

The public approval rating of the Feminist Julia Gillard had fallen to 9% (the lowest ever for a Prime Minister), and the Labor party faced annihilation at the next election.

This annihilation would have left the Abominable Tony Abbott in charge of Australia, and in charge of a one party political system.

Kevin Rudd had to be brought back to run the Labor party and save Australia.

So sue on, Kevin Rudd.
Posted by interactive, Sunday, 31 July 2016 8:27:12 AM
Hey interactive

You wonder "I have always thought there was something odd with the way Kevin Rudd was treated"

Rudd's leadership of all Australians, and potentially all those who inhabit our fair planet ( Earth to interactive! ), should be celebrated.

We need to recall Rudd's finest hours, with him:

- Declaring climate change the greatest moral challenge of our time and then, in 2010, dumping this politicians' faith by abandoning his commitment to an emissions trading scheme.

- Being immensly irritated when he was caught on TV apparently eating his own earwax.

- While sweeping away John Howard's WorkChoices, Rudd worked his public servants to the bone, telling them to "get over it and work harder".

- After being replaced as prime minister, Rudd developed the ability to stalk Julia Gillard anywhere, any time - including to a royal wedding - and allegedly undermined her by briefing journalists against her.

- The appearance of a video in 2012, source still unknown, showing him swearing and becoming furious at staff while fluffing his lines while recording a Chinese language message during his period as prime minister.

- Blowing up during an interview with Kerry O'Brien on ABC-TV in May 2010, declaring, "It might be easy for you to sit in 7.30 reportland and say that was easy to do. Let me tell you, mate, it wasn't," he exploded, polarising opinion between those who felt he was showing genuine fire and those who thought he was losing it.

- 4am phone calls to bewildered public servants, Rudd brainstorming, demanding a brief by 8am. Sleeples brief now written, then apparently not read, as Rudd had already moved on to other genius conquests.

Clearly your hero.
Posted by plantagenet, Sunday, 31 July 2016 11:36:10 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy