The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Super Heros should just let the action rip > Comments

Super Heros should just let the action rip : Comments

By Mark S. Lawson, published 1/8/2016

I agree I should get a life, but a certain morbid streak in my character makes me wonder about stuff like costumes.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Mr Lawson,

You ask, "So why can’t the producers of these series forget about the other, morally messy stuff and agonising over choices and let the action rip."

Well, I believe that's because the current crop of media 'creators' are all from the touchy-feely generations and must abide by the rules of post-modernism, a non art style, that focuses on the political and personal. And of course to pass muster and reach publication/distribution amongst the thought police it must have mandatory girl appeal.

Anyway, congratulations for holding the interest in super heroes. For myself, I prefer that super heroes and villains remain in the classic comic format that created them. Having said that, I confess I haven't read any of those lately and they're probably just as full of the same politically correct gumph as the movies are.

Speaking about comic book heroes and villains, of interest to some, might be this article by Noah Berlatsky at the following site -
(http://www.hoodedutilitarian.com/2013/09/the-joker-and-the-jokers-wife/),
who has had a related article published in (yuk) The Guardian at this url -
(http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/29/the-killing-joke-batgirl-violence-against-women-men).

Thanks for a good piece of diversion. It is most welcome at the moment.
Posted by voxUnius, Monday, 1 August 2016 2:32:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wow I had better start watching more TV. Or do I have to go to the movies to see all this stuff I've been missing. I had no idea how exciting it had got.

I didn't even read all that much in comics back in my youth. I stopped buying comics with my pocket money, after I got a control line plane. All my money went to replace broken propellers & repairing wings & such stuff.

On the relationship thing, perhaps I'm just a cynic, but could it be it is cheaper to fill some time with talking, rather than spend big bucks on special effects, even if they are mostly just computer programs?
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 2 August 2016 12:44:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mark Lawson here - took some time for me to come back. My apologies.

voxUnius - tnks for the links and I'm glad I could assume you.

Hasbeen - you're probably right about talking saving on money but I suspect its also an attempt to broaden the audience base beyond over-grown 14 year old boys.. sad but there it is..
Posted by curmudgeonathome, Tuesday, 2 August 2016 4:19:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy