The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is 'no religion' a new religion? > Comments

Is 'no religion' a new religion? : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 19/7/2016

The ABS's 'no religion' category on the Census is parallel to labelling a fruit cake as a no-cake for public display and use.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. All
//(what allows you to experience God and others directly is that you and God are not different).//

Yuyutsu, I have already addressed this point - a week ago:

1. God is made of spaghetti and can fly.
2. I am not made of spaghetti and cannot fly.
Therefore: I am different to God.

You seem to have a short memory. Or maybe you're just hoping that we all do.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 14 August 2016 10:08:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu, Sunday, 14 August 2016 5:34:55 PM

"I am yet to see this maturity in you and in our other siblings, sister. Till then, Mother Prithvi sighs and agonises under the weight of our irreligion."

I'm not surprised that you make a play to conflate "maturity" with the palsy of religious adherence. For this reason you will never observe your deceitful brand of "maturity" in me. I have no illusions about life and the Cosmos. You have hundreds of them.

"I do not claim equality of values,......."

You did so directly and unequivocally. Lying about it now, equivocating and couching your illegitimate tactics in high-sounding hyperbole will avail you nothing.

"..........only equal respect for people's choice of values:".

I wrote that I would defend to the death your right to fill your head with whatever you choose. I gave no such undertaking with regard to "equality of respect" for your choice.

"Once again we seem to be largely in agreement. Our remaining differences are probably not differences in facts, but differences in values."

Our differences are fundamental, inescapable and implacable. If you cannot differentiate between equally shared rights and unequally shared/earned respect then you are a very mediocre representative of your faith.

Kindly refrain from addressing me as "sister" or even "brother"[much closer to the mark]. I can assure you I would not miss whatever life experiences we might share were they to disappear.
Posted by Pogi, Monday, 15 August 2016 8:15:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

There is a WESTERN wisdom contained in http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=18154#322473 .

Perhaps more to the point of what you seem to be after is an ERASTERN Wisdom:

“Yes, “ said Confucius, “that is it! If you can do this you will be able to go among (Western) men in their world without upsetting them. You will not enter into conflict with thier ideal image of themselves. If they will listen , sing them a song. If not keep quiet. Don’t try to break down their door. Don't try out new medicines on them. Just be there among them, because there is nothing else for you to be but one of them. Then you may have success.
"Look at this window: it is nothing but a hole in the wall, but because of it the whole room is full of light. So when the faculties are empty the heart id full of light. Being full of lightit becomes and influence by which other are secretly transformed."
————————————————– ––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––[From the KFasting of Heart”, iv.i, by Chuanf Tzu (399-295 B.C).]
Posted by George, Monday, 15 August 2016 9:47:56 AM
Yuyutsu, Sunday, 14 August 2016 5:34:55 PM

"I am yet to see this maturity in you and in our other siblings, sister.
Till then, Mother Prithvi sighs and agonises under the weight of our irreligion."

I'm not surprised that you make a play to conflate "maturity" with the palsy of religious adherence. For this reason you will never observe your deceitful brand of "maturity" in me. I have no illusions about life and the Cosmos. You have hundreds of them.

"I do not claim equality of values,......."

You did so directly and unequivocally. Lying about it now, equivocating and couching your illegitimate tactics in high-sounding hyperbole will avail you nothing.

"..........only equal respect for people's choice of values:".

I wrote that I would defend to the death your right to fill your head with whatever you choose. I gave no such undertaking with regard to "equality of respect" for your choice.

"Once again we seem to be largely in agreement. Our remaining differences are probably not differences in facts, but differences in values."

Our differences are fundamental, inescapable and implacable. If you cannot differentiate between equally shared rights and unequally shared/earned respect then you are a very mediocre representative of your faith.

Kindly refrain from addressing me as "sister" or even "brother"[much closer to the mark]. I can assure you I would never yearn after whatever life experiences we might have shared were they to disappear.

"The correct category would be "no conscious religion" as nothing and nobody can exist without religion."

Your assertion is nothing more than the mumblings of an immature mind and in the absence of supportive evidence may be dismissed without evidence. Carl Sagan observed that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. If no evidence is your best effort, if self-contradictory procrastination is your best tool, then you have been misled by your teachers. Claiming that every activity of the human mind and body is based in religion is a preposterous self-serving notion propagated by thoughtless windbags
Posted by Pogi, Monday, 15 August 2016 4:06:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy