The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > It doesn’t have to be a circus > Comments

It doesn’t have to be a circus : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 8/7/2016

If Malcolm Turnbull cannot bring himself to negotiate he needs to find colleagues who can, and who can deliver afterwards.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
SAINTS,

I can not yet ay that with certainty, as I do not know exactly what it is the government agents told the Senate Estimates Committee, and I don't know on which occasion you're referring to.

But I think it is quite likely that they have inadvertently misled the Senate. Though it's wrong (with a flawed theoretical basis and no empirical evidence to support it) the idea that borrowing from your own central bank would cause hyperinflation is a very widespread myth. It's something I once thought I knew to be true, so would not be surprising if government agents also wrongly believed it to be true.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 18 July 2016 11:06:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan

You say - "I can not yet ay that with certainty, as I do not know exactly what it is the government agents told the Senate Estimates Committee, and I don't know on which occasion you're referring to."

I give up! You don't follow Senate Estimates Committee Reports, (by any Government Committee) you don't chose to read any transcript of Hansard - to review factual evidence, provided to Government.

I have no further time to waste.
Posted by SAINTS, Tuesday, 19 July 2016 8:20:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SAINTS,

Yes, like 99.9% of the population I don't follow Senate Estimates Committee Reports. And though I have occasionally referred to Hansard, it's not something that I regularly do.

You clearly do, yet rather than referring me to the report or section of Hansard you think would be relevant, you just give up!

But before you go, there's one more think I want to ask you: if in future I examine a Senate Estimates Committee Report and find that they've been given erroneous information, what should I do about it?
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 19 July 2016 3:06:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
(sorry about the typo; as you've probably guessed, it should say "thing" rather than "think")
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 19 July 2016 4:30:52 PM
Aidan,

Wouldn't they be listed either in the Contents, or in the Index ? Not hard to find if you want to look.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 19 July 2016 4:59:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy