The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Crossing the Rubicon > Comments

Crossing the Rubicon : Comments

By Gregory Melleuish, published 28/6/2016

Well, Caesar invented Caesarism which is a form of populism in which individuals place their faith in a leader to rid a political system of what they see as its corrupt elements and do things for the ordinary person.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
As I recall, the Roman empire faded into the pages of history long ago, along with the rubi-con! Even so, tyrants since and before have used the seriously ignorant against themselves!

Caesar, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Saddam Hussein, Assad, Putin and a would be if he could be, Donald (you're fired) Trump!? And merely in the pursuit of deliriously delicious personal power, the most seductive misstress of them all! All else is rethoric and even fine oratory or more non core promises that simply serves as a vehicle that empowers volunteer slavery and sacrifice.

Prior to WW1 hopelessly wounded Soldiers and the slain were unceremoniously dumped or bulldozed into pits covered in quicklime (sometimes) and buried in mass graves? And as the self selected slaves and recruits offered at the altar of nationalism!

Who know what today's mugs and other equally valued VIP's are thinking out there in mugsville!? Me, me, me, Perhaps?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 28 June 2016 10:29:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ceasar my friend is one of a kind. Populist, traditionalist and super talented.
The trouble with you analogy is that like today the elite is completely screwed. But the assisnation of Caesar was a disaster. It is only after Caesar that the republic is completely destroyed, 10 more years of civil war and the death knell of democracy in Rome.
Caesar was the republics last hope. The would be caeser of today is talentless.
Posted by YEBIGA, Thursday, 30 June 2016 9:02:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy