The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Supporting diversity without fear > Comments

Supporting diversity without fear : Comments

By Kay Stroud, published 3/6/2016

Just as the broader community is beginning to question stereotypes and think differently about ethnicity, culture, faith, race, nationality, skin colour, age, sexuality and gender, spiritual carers are also challenged by new paradigms.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
david f

Your understanding of the Christian gospel is atrocious. Really I suspect it is more deceitful as you are obviously much more intelligent than you display in your deceitful anti Christ rants. No wonder you get Islam so wrong when you are so deceitful whem it comes to Christ's teachings.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 8 June 2016 10:37:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear runner,

I appreciate some of Christ’s teaching very much and understand the Gospels.

I pointed out the horrible record of Christianity, and Jesus’ words apply.

Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits.

There is also a tendency to tell how horrible Islam is and ignore the horrible Christian record. Jesus’ teachings apply to that also:

Matthew 7:3 “And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?”

Christianity might be a considerably better religion if Christians would follow the teachings of Jesus instead of ignoring them.

In my previous post I said nothing about the teachings of Jesus. I mentioned the nonsense that is in the Bible and the horrible record of Christianity.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 8 June 2016 11:13:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Davidf says:” I mentioned the nonsense that is in the Bible and the horrible record of Christianity.”.
Correct, david, you did not address the topic of the thread, because you have no answer to truthful and sensible observation.
Instead, you launch into an attack on Christianity, not on its current actions, but on a distant, disputable record, of no relevance to the topic under discussion, which is your determination to diversify our community by introduction of elements hostile to it.
Just further exposition of your addle- brained, pernicious state of mind.
You have nothing relevant or constructive to say, so you evade the topic.. What about the direction of islam to kill non-believers if they do not submit to islam? This is current, and being acted upon now, by islamist terrorists, not some questionable unbalanced observation of the past, or a scurrilous opinion of yours about some effect of Christianity.
Your response is that you have no rational basis for a response.
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 8 June 2016 1:51:08 PM
Leo Lane wrote: "Just further exposition of your addle- brained, pernicious state of mind."

Since you seem unable to post without including insulting language I have no further dialog with you.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 8 June 2016 2:22:33 PM
Yes, David, I should add that evasion is your choice when faced with the fact that your position is completely without merit. You will never face facts, and will use any tactic to evade them. Bye.
Posted by Leo Lane, Wednesday, 8 June 2016 3:16:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy