The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rhiannon forfeits credibility over Palestine > Comments

Rhiannon forfeits credibility over Palestine : Comments

By David Singer, published 23/5/2016

She has let her emotions cloud her judgement in what can only be seen as a deliberate attempt to paper over the fact that Jews bought land in Palestine they settled on.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
#Mayan

The Jews returning to the land of Israel bought the land from the Arabs wherever they settled.

The Brits came to Australia and took what they wanted without payment.

Senator Rhiannon must know the Jews paid for what they acquired - as she has omitted that very fact from Dayan's quote.

Pleading her case for the Palestinian Arabs on the basis of misleading and deceptive statements does her no credit and only serves to expose the myths put out by Arab propagandists.

She really needs to explain why she acted as she did.

BTW - I have now discovered that those four inaccurate maps trashed by McGraw Hill and referred to in my article appear in a Green's booklet for which the Introduction was written by the good Senator herself.
http://leerhiannon.greensmps.org.au/sites/default/files/140515_final_palestine_booklet.pdf

Will she now trash the maps as well as as her misleading pamphlet?

#VK3AUU

You state:
"In many places they arrived and just took over the land and that is what they are still doing today."

Care to give me some specific examples you have in mind?

#Loudmouth

Excellent post thank you.

Jordan and the PLO both forbid Arabs to sell land to Jews and those caught doing so have been murdered.

Pretty racist don't you think?

# plantaganet and #Cobber

What relevance do your comments have to my exposing the deceptive and misleading pamphlet issued by Senator Rhiannon?

Are they red herrings designed to deflect discussion on Senator Rhiannon's action?

Sorry but those kind of diversionary tactics won't work.

Do you support what the Senator did? Your viewpoints would be appreciated.

# Shadow Minister

I am not out to tag Senator Rhiannon with any particular description. She authorised and issued a pamphlet which I have alleged contains a materially misleading quotation.

It now appears she has been party to issuing four inaccurate maps that have been trashed by McGraw Hill.

As a politician seeking re-election to the Senate - I hope she posts a response here to explain her actions.
Posted by david singer, Monday, 23 May 2016 5:21:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Pete, I stand corrected. I'll bet their meetings are fiery.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 23 May 2016 5:36:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Update to my article:

I have discovered since writing my article that the four inaccurate maps trashed by McGraw Hill and referred to by me in my article - also appear in an Australian Greens for Palestine booklet for which Senator Rhiannon wrote the introduction.

http://lee-rhiannon.greensmps.org.au/sites/default/files/140515_final_palestine_booklet.pdf

Do you think she and the Australian Greens will have the good sense to trash both the maps and the pamphlet?

Or isn't acting at all times with honesty and integrity required from our political parties and their candidates any more?
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 25 May 2016 10:10:17 AM
David Singer, my information came from a book I read quite a few years ago. I am a bit vague about its title, but I think it was "My Brother". The author was a Palestinian Bishop probably from the Coptic Church, once again I am a bit vague about his details. What I do remember well is his story. The Zionists arrived and told them that they were taking over their land for a while. They rounded up all the men and sent them away in a truck to places unknown (it may have been Lebanon) from whence they made their way back several years later. As it turned out their temporary take over of the land was permanent. They certainly didn't pay for it.

I have no reason to doubt the voracity of his story. In my youth, I had a lot of sympathy for the Jews, but as I have got older and learned more, I have formed the opinion that certainly, the Zionists are no better than the Nazis.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 25 May 2016 11:30:29 AM
#VK3AUU

You made the claim:
"You are only giving us half the truth too David. In many places they arrived and just took over the land and that is what they are still doing today. Don't keep giving us BS."

When I ask you to give me some specific examples you are unable to substantiate your claim.

A gratuitous unsubstantiated slur on Jews remains the total of your disgraceful posts.

You should apply for a job with Senator Rhiannon. Indeed what you claim to have read in your youth could have well been the kind of propaganda she would distribute.

If you are going to allege something - be prepared to back it up with hard evidence that can be examined.

The BS is all coming from your direction.
Posted by david singer, Wednesday, 25 May 2016 7:47:39 PM
I just gave you the evidence. Just because it goes against your propaganda, you refuse to accept it.

End of story.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 25 May 2016 8:23:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy