The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Asylum seekers are victims of selfishness > Comments

Asylum seekers are victims of selfishness : Comments

By Bruce Haigh, published 6/5/2016

Australia is a sick country, primarily because it has become such a selfish and self-centred country. A sense of entitlement pervades, indeed is encouraged and fostered within the ruling class and politicians.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Aidan, it seem to be lost on you that the Tamils originated in southern India and where there is a thriving population today.

Moreover the distance between India and Shri Lanka is comparative to that of Tasmania in relation to the Australian mainland!

Genuine Tamil asylum seekers need only travel (Tamils in a tinnie) that far to find asylum and a community and culture that's made to measure for them! So why here? And why minus identifying documentation?

For each one of these potential war criminals that successfully impose themselves on our generosity another properly documented bona fide is denied access! You might think that's a fair go? I most certainly don't!

Moreover, I do not admire your use of the privilege of OLO by descending to abusive retaliation on another poster, who just simply disagrees with you. If you were halfway decent you would stop and take stock; and simply apologize forthwith for your patently unwarranted abuse of your privilege and a previous poster.

Better the world should think you a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt? And an example for you to study,if only to understand you can still vent your spleen and have the object of your displease laughing or smiling at the intended insult!
Without bias, Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 9 May 2016 8:16:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan B, it seems to be lost on you that not everyone is welcome in their ancestral home.

It is them, not I, who should be asked "why here? And why minus identifying documentation?".

Obviously ASIO should screen asylum seekers to keep the war criminals out.

I do not support the policy of denying other refugees access just because others arrived by boat.

And I demand an apology for your unfounded accusation that I descended to abusive retaliation on another poster who just simply disagrees with me! My "abusive retaliation" was a pretty tame response to someone who had made a libellous allegation against me.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 9 May 2016 2:20:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Quote "Obviously ASIO should screen asylum seekers to keep the war criminals out."

Over 50,000 let in by Dudd and Dillard, more than likely most without documents and giving false information, good luck try really vet them.
Only a very small number were checked, remember 1 was Cap't Emad they said he was okay turned out to be one of the principal smugglers.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 9 May 2016 9:16:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan

Libellous is a bit strong isnt it.

I see no dfference between the Tamil Tigers and the Tamil bloodline.
as you do. Your view is,now the war is over we should treat Tamil Tigers as
innocent victims of retribution.

What I see is this tribe of people the Tamils,who immigrated to Sri Lanka and then
200years or so later tried to carve a piece of Sri Lanka off for themselves.
I disagree with your idea that now the war is over that we should take in Tamil tigers
given the history of their last migration and how that turned out.

I am debating who is selfish, the people who try to force their way in claiming assylum
or those who reject their claims.

Going on all the civil wars, and demands for sepratist states across history, is it selfish to try to protect ones own country and children from the horror of these tribal, ethic wars.
Posted by CHERFUL, Tuesday, 10 May 2016 8:40:28 PM
CHERFUL,

Libellous is entirely accurate. You falsely accused me of supporting terrorists.

Worse still, you fail to make a distinction between terrorists and people who merely share their ethnicity and nationality. People like you are the problem.

I won't say any more, as I don't want Godwin's Law to be invoked.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 11 May 2016 2:55:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bruce – you state “Australia is a sick country, primarily because it has become such a selfish and self-centred country.

Have you bothered to read last Senate Estimates Committee report as to how much of taxpayer’s monies are spent in providing assistance, assimilation, welfare, housing, medical, etc into our communities for refugees?

So, I now ask you to explain to Australian taxpayers (we selfish, self-centred people) – having been given all of the above assistance, benefits and support mechanisms to settle/ “make a new life” in of terrorism on said host country – Australia?

Oh – that’s right – Australia is the sick, selfish and self-centred country?

You say – “The utterly shameful decision not to allow the people on Manus to come to Australia following the PNG Supreme Court decision can only be described as gutlessly self-serving”

Those on Manus Island are economic, illegal boat people, who paid people smugglers (criminals) to get here. We know they have dumped identification docs on the way, we know there are some criminals amongst group who don’t wish to return home and face (sic) charges, we know that advocates advise them to stay on Manus and Nauru as the government may cave in, we know that leading up to the election there will be further events of unrest on Manus and Nauru in an attempt to challenge government’s current standing of – no settlement in Australia. (All available for public reading).

Yes Bruce, the public are finally waking up to all the antics, and I applaud our Government’s continued tuff stand on border protection policies.

You say – “At what point did we embark on becoming the most selfish country on earth”.

I ask you – why has Australia (a peaceful country) become a country now exposed to acts of terrorism from those within? A country that has welcomed migration of cultures from many countries around the world and over many generations. Our multicultural society lived in peace and harmony no matter what religion, race or colour of cultures in the past.
cont'd
Posted by SAINTS, Wednesday, 18 May 2016 11:27:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All