The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Permanent asylum for unauthorised arrivals has reached its global use-by date > Comments

Permanent asylum for unauthorised arrivals has reached its global use-by date : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 1/4/2016

We are no longer alone in abandoning the routine right to permanent asylum, even to genuine refugee arrivals, because our policy is seen to be the only one that works.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Methaphors "paint pictures in the mind", and I love them. Ttbn's "look at me do gooders" is a classic. I hope you don't mind if I steal it, ttbn. That one is going into my "Metaphors" book.

Very well written and reasoned article, Brenden O'Reilly. I think that the most important part was where you wrote...

"There is now a growing fear in some Western countries that their national identity, freedoms and prosperity can also be lost through the unrestricted mass immigration of asylum seekers from alien cultures, and this is now increasingly reflected in national politics and policies."

Us racists have been saying just that for 40 years, and whereas we take some comfort in being shown to be absolutely correct, and we can now say "we told you so", one wonders why it took so long for our apathetic population to flash on the obvious. It took the mass migration of alien cultures of biblical proportions, with their accompanying baggage of terrorism, serious criminal behaviour, and endemic welfare dependence to shake the "look at me do gooder" euros out of their Kumbaya fantasyland.

I think that the primary reason for the euro change of heart was Cologne, and the fact that Sweden is now the rape capitol of the world. I think that the main drivers of the Kumbaya philosophy are women, and European women are now beginning to realise that their stupid humanitarian policies are endangering themselves.

European women could once ignore the sexual assaults of other European women, when their own neighbourhoods were safe. But the scale of immigration from women dominating Muslim men is now so high, that no European neighborhoods is safe for European women. Gangs of Muslim men are now roaming the streets of every European city and town, and these gangs are openly leering at the Euro women and making offensive remarks to them.

Reality bites.
Posted by LEGO, Saturday, 2 April 2016 6:23:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There are over fifty million displaced persons in the world, more than that created by WW11. And no way to rehouse/resettle/help that many (often deliberately undocumented) folk!

Some choices include opening the doors for genuinely compatible, english speaking folks, grateful for our help.

Others not fitting that description? Helped to leave!

Future vision and comparatively modest engineering could, turn our arid inland into an eden that could eventually accommodate compatible, peacefully cohabiting millions?

That said, the best outcome would be to do what must be done to allow displaced people to return to their homelands; and some of that could be accomplished via modest targeted economic improvement, and or, precise surgical removal of warlords.

Even so, I'm in favor of taking care of unmet need at home first, given if we are a genuinely wealthy nation, are able to be far more generous with our economic aid!

Rather than a financially crippled country, with its hand permanently out for foreign capital and on the bone of it's financial ass, which given our crippling combined debt levels, is an apt description?

Unmined resources are only any good when mined, value added and sold, and no earthly good locked up by an obtuse overreaction to truly asinine activism?

We've saved the reef?

What for?

So it can be virtually wiped out by climate change and possibly irreversible bleaching, (happened elsewhere) even as accessing some of the hydrocarbons it stores, may well have allowed us to reduce our diabolical dependance on foreign oil as well as reduce the amount of carbon we pump into the atmosphere by 40% or more!

Q: What's the difference between an ass and a donkey?
A: one is an extremity, the other is just a donkey.

And both apt descriptions of folks at both ends of the political spectrum whose asinine activities or obdurate resistance to new ideas, (intellectual constipation) actually prevent us growing our economy and consequently being able to be far more generous, than a patent pauper, who must first borrow, or pawn the family silver/sell the farm, (hypothetically) in order to give/assist!
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Saturday, 2 April 2016 11:46:39 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I remember back in the 1970's
When there were headlines, about the Great Barrier Reef dying.

The crown of thorns starfish was said to be killing the Great Barrier Reef.

We were shown television photos of patches of dead looking reef.
I just saw the same kind of photos on the news a few days ago, stating that the reef
Is dying again. This time from global warming.

Excuse me if I don't believe it this time.
I've seen and heard it all before. These things are natural cycles.
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 2 April 2016 11:32:23 PM
people who have exhausted their share of land and resources by ridiculous breeding,
will happily walk in and overrun the land and resources of other people if they
are not restricted in some way.

They are like great swarms of wilderbeasts.

People can not jeprodise their own and their children's survival by allowing mass overtaking of what sustains their very life itself, their land and resources.

it is a shame that it had to happen right in front of the noses of so many dogooders,
and social engineering idealists, before their brain could finally begin to understand reality.
Saying we must save the world, is easy when it is just a utopian fantasy,
But the overrunning of Europe has clearly demonstrated that refugees, must be fed, housed and clothed. And that is very hard to provide enmasse and is an existentional
threat to those that have to suddenly share all these resources that they themselves need to live.
I still see a lot of the utopian hippy idealists floundering around not understanding
why their vision of an ideal world is crashing around their ears.
Because their vision was never real, They just assumed they could engineer it
That way.

Out in survival land, it is a ball game way beyond their command.
The rules of nature and survival in nature apply,yes to mankind too,

Their egos have got themselves pegged as special,
But nature would cut them down very quickly outside their cocooned
world of medical supplies,and food and shelter available.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 3 April 2016 12:32:36 AM
Cherful, just what would you do with the thousands of Syrian refugees who have landed on Italy's doorstep?
Would you float them back to the war in their own country, or would you try to find another country willing to take them?
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 3 April 2016 11:48:28 AM
Suseonline,

Over all of your years preaching have YOU ever volunteered to take just one of those economic migrants into your home? When she was PM, Julia Galah'd even promised you taxpayers' $$ to do it.

Or is your criticism always directed at others, while you live your own life smug and undisturbed?

Still waiting for people like ex-Greens leader Bob Brown, who lives very well on that ex-Senator golden handshake and super-dooper superannuation, ever offering to take one in. It promises to be a very long wait.
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 3 April 2016 12:12:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy