The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Pause in global temperatures ended but carbon dioxide not the cause > Comments

Pause in global temperatures ended but carbon dioxide not the cause : Comments

By Jennifer Marohasy, published 21/3/2016

El Nino events are not caused by carbon dioxide. They are natural events which manifest as changes in ocean and atmospheric circulation patterns across the Pacific Ocean.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. All
Carbon dioxide is not the cause either, of algae causing the coral food chain to break.
"Fleshy" algae is a new term to me but a search reveals it is macro algae.
I think it will soon be discovered that micro algae has a similar or same effect breaking the coral food chain, as fleshy algae does.
Fleshy algae impact is further to damage caused by small or large dead zones linked to hypoxia caused by algae

The following was first posted on 27 April, 2016.

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/38845/20160427/increased-amount-of-fleshy-algae-break-coral-reefs-food-chain.htm

Over-abundance of algae is linked to over-abundance of nutrient.
Posted by JF Aus, Friday, 29 April 2016 8:06:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
J F Aus
You may enjoy the discussion here.
https://theconversation.com/great-barrier-reef-bleaching-would-be-almost-impossible-without-climate-change-58408
Lance Pidgeon
Posted by Siliggy, Wednesday, 4 May 2016 6:46:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Siliggy,
That conversation website comes up at the link you posted above but it says "Page not found".

I don't enjoy that site anyway because they deleted comments of mine about algae associated warmth, on a thread involving an article linked to the then chief scientist and journalist Grattan.
I contacted the editor who said I was off topic, but I was not.

There is another thread there where my comment remains intact.
I suggest scroll down the 31 comments and find John Fairfax, my first comment, and note the comment above from respected scientist Jon Brodie who say's, (quote),
I even advise my more junior collegues who work for me or with me at the University not to comment on these matters for fear of losing research funding as a result. (end quote).
You will need to copy and paste the following entire link from it's very end:

https://theconversation.com/great-barrier-reef-facts-tv-ads-ignore-dredge-dumping-risks-25899?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The+Weekend+Conversation&utm_content=The+Weekend+Conversation+CID_1f34531799fa19431a14334c4566e415&utm_source=campaign_monitor&utm_term=Great%20Barrier%20Reef%20facts%20TV%20ads%20ignore%20dredge%20dumping%20risks

I think it is obvious conversation about these matters, is being stifled and gagged.
I note from Jennifer Marohasy's background page that she also appears gagged.

How stupid.
It is inevitable reality of climate change and fear among genuine scientists becomes known, involving even loss of livelihood as respected scientist Jon Brodie indicates.

it is also inevitable because damage being caused by sewage and land use nutrient overload pollution proliferating algae is continuing and worsening, and will continue until reality of nutrient overload in oceans is openly discussed to put solutions in place.

General understanding of reality of the situation is absolutely inevitable because evidence of substance indicates beyond reasonable doubt that warmth associated with algae is linked to change in weather and climate. A critically serious situation.
Posted by JF Aus, Monday, 9 May 2016 9:42:58 AM
Siliggy,

I just looked into that conversation website you suggested.
I thought I was badly done by with my comments deleted.
Now there are dozens of comments deleted throughout the following thread. The one sided editing is extraordinary.

https://theconversation.com/sea-level-rise-has-claimed-five-whole-islands-in-the-pacific-first-scientific-evidence-58511

Yesterday I posted the following on my Facebook Timeline, together with two photos. You should be able to find and see them.

(copied and pasted)
The photo I post here shows erosion in Solomon Islands during World War II. It,s not from sea level rise. Some erosion is natural. Other shore erosion at present is due to dead coral killed by algae. Coral at present is no longer producing the usual supply of the coral sand and rubble that used to help build the islands.

I live 6 months a year at Rendova Island, Solomon Islands. During the 2007 Ranogga earthquake, Rendova sank down about 400 millimetres. Nearby New Georgia Island sank down about 800 millimetres at nearby Munda. None of this sinking down has been reported in major media. Major media appears on and on about CO2 emissions and sea level rising.
That's my canoe being floated over Kai Kia passage reef at New Georgia en route across the Blanche Channel to Rendova (in background), but prior to the Ranogga earthquake and this Kai Kia passage reef sinking down, all canoes has to use stick rollers to cross during lowest tides (winter tides). No climate change sea level rise has been noticed anywhere by me , it's islands and reefs sinking down plus lost coral sand and rubble.
(end copy)

Google: Kavachi.
Kavachi is near where I am based in Solomon Islands. Kavachi rises and disappears as Wiki indicates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kavach
Posted by JF Aus, Monday, 9 May 2016 8:34:14 PM
Climate Science in a Court setting:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climate-consensus-97-per-cent/2016/may/11/coal-made-its-best-case-against-climate-change-and-lost?CMP=share_btn_fb
Posted by ant, Thursday, 12 May 2016 9:48:38 AM
Algae, this is about vast masses of algae plant matter on this planet that has not been measured and assessed in AGW or IPCC or Kyoto associated science.

“Regions of critical change”, they now say.

Now science is taking a look.
(we have been looking here on OLO for a couple of years at least)

The following is copied and pasted:

NASA’s view from space shows our planet is changing, but to really understand the nitty-gritty of these changes and what they mean for our future, scientists need a closer look. This year NASA takes you on a world tour as we kick off new field research campaigns to study regions of critical change from land, sea and air.

https://blogs.nasa.gov/earthexpeditions/2016/05/10/setting-a-course-for-the-worlds-largest-plankton-bloom/?linkId=24343979

N.B.
It is wrong that science shuns insight into ocean algae and the state of the world ocean including collapse of world ocean seafood sustainability.
Crucial time is being wasted.

There are consequences of impact from algae, including 5,000 babies and 1,500 mothers dead in one year in PNG, and that mortality, perhaps not every case, is linked to protein deficiency malnutrition and poverty linked to collapse of traditional staple seafood supply, supply that is in turn linked to algae killing seagrass food web nurseries.
Seagrass mass is devastated worldwide. Fish are not immune to starvation.

The fundamental problem is sewage and land use nutrient overload pollution proliferating the algae, the problem is not CO2 emissions.
Posted by JF Aus, Tuesday, 17 May 2016 4:11:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy