The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Turnbull held aloft by projection and likeability > Comments

Turnbull held aloft by projection and likeability : Comments

By Graham Young, published 11/3/2016

Malcolm Turnbull’s popularity seems a lot like Kevin Rudd’s on the basis of our polling. So will it disappear just as quickly and catastrophically for his own party?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
ttbn

'I am thankful to have the ALA coming into to being.'

I feel the same way although I have only looked at the surface at this stage. I like what I have heard so far. Can't wait for the abc to demonise them.
Posted by runner, Friday, 11 March 2016 5:15:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Come on Aidan, why would we agree to Gonski ridiculous spending? We are spending hugely more on education today than we did 50 years ago. We are spending more than double on a per student basis that we did back then, & what has it got us?

In the 50s & 60s most kids left school at 15, with an intermediate certificate. In my school only 15 of us went on to matriculate at 17, to gain university admission.

Those 15 year olds had a better math education than those 17 year olds today. Few today can handle an electrical apprenticeship without remedial math training. In the 60s most kids had no trouble with that math, & remedial math courses did not exist. Hell even universities are running remedial math for kids accepted to do science degrees today.

It is a real fact that we do less well educating our kids every time we increase the money spent on education. Just one of the advantages brought to us by feminists.

Foxy you surprise me. You are saying Turnbull is lying to us about his policies, but that is a reason to vote for him. You will vote for him because of what you hope he will do if elected, is what you are saying? I find this amazing. I'm afraid you need to wake up & see these people for what they are, rather than what you would like them to be.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 11 March 2016 9:39:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
An insightful article Graham.
I particularly liked your take on why there has been a swing of some labor/green votes to the Coalition since Turnbull took over the top job.
"When you look at the reasoning of those swingers you find that there are two major reasons for voting for Turnbull. One is a belief that he will change the Liberal Party to be a party more in line with the voter’s views of life. The other is that Malcolm Turnbull is more likeable than Bill Shorten, and certainly more likeable than Tony Abbott. He brings a calm and civility to the political debate that has been missing."

Certainly if Abbott was still at the helm today, Shorten would have much more of a chance at the top job after the coming election. I do believe the Coalition will win this election, but maybe not by as much as originally thought.
Shorten has alienated too many people with his stance on negative gearing and the housing market.

One thing I am incredibly sure of though is that the mad group calling themselves the Australian Liberty Alliance, and their paranoid "No Islamization of Australia" rants, won't get within a bull's roar of the main political parties. They will be down the bottom of the voting sheets with shooters&fishers, Australian Sex Party, Australian Christians and Family First, and other fringe groups.

Has anyone else read the list of crazy political parties? Lol!
http://www.aec.gov.au/parties_and_representatives/party_registration/Registered_parties/
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 12 March 2016 3:04:10 AM
Be sure major media and especially ABC news will hold aloft their chosen leader and party.
As usual the public will be informed of whatever will turn the view or not turn the view toward the chosen one.

Pre-election time will again be wasted with media waffle about how much money for roads and schools and hospitals, that should all be properly funded anyway.

As for government expenditure, surely the focus should be to invest in newly productive industry, especially newly productive industry capable of producing product for export that in turn will urgently generate new income and revenue for Australia.

Living off the sheep's back is over. There is need to replace lost industry with innovative and productive new industry. Export industry especially.

Rudd was not interested in genuine opportunity of substance, Abbott did however publish relevant opportunity in the Agricultural Competitiveness White Paper, but now Turnbull seems to have trouble answering his email. The Turnbull robot-generic replies do nothing except discredit the Turnbull leadership and team.

If lack of communication with government is occurring in general then the country will go nowhere, as it has been doing. Going downhill in other words, as evidenced by the state of economy, reducing spending, less business, less employment. How absurd.
Posted by JF Aus, Saturday, 12 March 2016 9:10:03 AM
Turnbull should be on bended knee praying for a continuation of the awful Queensland Labor government led by the disastrous Annastacia Palaszczuk.

Queensland doesn't reward slick populist politicians like Turnbull, who do not have spine and sell-out on important institutions like marriage, just to look good on the ABC - that the exasperated taxpayer is paying for and for Turnbull as well.

Speaking of the ABC, why the dead silence on the advice of ABC Managing Director, Mark Scott, who finally acknowledged publicly that millions of taxpayer dollars are being wasted annually though ABC and SBS duplication and redundancy? Examples being doubled-up programming, infrastructure, management and talent.

Hey, but it is only taxpayers' money, right?

The problem for Turnbull is that Australia will reward a committed statesman, but he cannot fill those shoes.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 12 March 2016 10:02:58 AM
strangley with masses of women and children being raped at the hands of muslim immigrants throughout Europe daily you would think the likes of feminist Susie would be the first to support the ALA. Then again she just represents the hypocritical privileged white class feminist that knows that they are only about themselves. Wasn't she one of the loudest screamers about Pells cover ups. Go figure.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/world-economy/cologne-is-every-day-europes-rape-epidemic/news-story/e2e618e17ad4400b5ed65045e65e141d
Posted by runner, Saturday, 12 March 2016 11:39:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy