The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Six points on Pell > Comments

Six points on Pell : Comments

By Xavier Symons, published 7/3/2016

After reading the transcripts of Pell’s 19 ½ hours in the witness box, it strikes me there are several key issues that have not received sufficient attention.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Hi Calwest,

You're right ! Nor was that pedophilia the fault of the Romans ! or the Hittites ! [I'm sick and tired of everything being blamed on the Hittites.]

What Robert Hughes did, and how it may have been covered up by TV executives, has absolutely nothing to do with Cardinal Pell. Spot-on !

Just as the abuse of children in the care of Families SA has a lot to do with the management of Families SA - and nothing whatever to do with Cardinal Pell.

But what did occur in various Catholic dioceses and parishes which Pell knew about and did nothing to expose the perpetrators - if such shielding occurred - may well have something to do with Cardinal Pell.

Blame the Hittites for whatever they did wrong to the Hurrians three thousand years ago. Blame the Romans for whatever they did wrong in Britain two thousand years ago. Blame Families SA for whatever their incompetence allowed to happen over the last few years.

And attribute responsibility to Cardinal Pell for whatever he did that he shouldn't have, or didn't do that he should have, to shield pedophiles.

Thanks for clearing that up, Calwest :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 9 March 2016 9:21:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Joe,

And thanks for your attempt at drollery.

Just in case anybody else missed the point, too, I'll restate it: Pell is being blamed for NOT doing things 40 years ago that people today would expect to be done. He was wrong to do nothing and, with the value of hindsight, he said so himself in his evidence from Rome.

Ain't hindsight grand?

That still doesn't alter the fact that the current "get Pell" rort is a perfect illustration of a lynch mob in full flight. At its heart, it's just anti-Catholic bigotry. Pell is being blamed for the crimes of others. At least, I suppose, it distracts from the evidence of similar behaviours in other religious institutions.

Here's another example of the same phenomenon:

http://quadrant.org.au/opinion/qed/2016/03/dead-men-cant-sue-mores-pity/
Posted by calwest, Wednesday, 9 March 2016 12:02:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy