The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Gender bending in our primary schools > Comments

Gender bending in our primary schools : Comments

By Greg Donnelly, published 11/2/2016

The book, The Gender Fairy, is being recommended for children four years of age and above.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Toni, quite frankly I probably have more Professional health experience than any primary school teacher is likely to have.
And when the Pyschiatric Associations take Gender dysphoria out of their diagnostic Manuel and all of them agree that it is not a mental health disorder then perhaps I will listen.
As it is there is no physical evidence that this condition exists. It is based purely on emotional feelings, like many mental disorders, and no amount of surgery or medication can ever change the DNA or chromosomes of these people.
You are born a male, you die a male, regardless of what you have done to your body.
And the more people try and change the biology that is the result of thousands of years of evolution, the more confused, unhappy and depressed our youth are going to be.
Posted by Big Nana, Friday, 12 February 2016 12:52:59 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suse, you are right. People are born either male or female. And they have the DNA and chromosomes and hormones to prove it.
Posted by Big Nana, Friday, 12 February 2016 12:55:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was just wondering Big Nana, exactly what do you think that the poor kids who feel they were born with the wrong body would get out of making it all up?

Many of these kids feel this way from as early in life as they can remember....long before they have ever heard about gender dysphoria in school or anywhere else.
How can they possibly know what to make up?
They are constantly bullied, mocked and shunned by friends, relatives and strangers like you their whole lives.

Who would wish that life upon themselves if they could help it?
Their choice is to live their life with a lie, and end up hopelessly unhappy and suicidal, or live as they feel they should, and risk ostracism from many people they love.
Sounds like a great life, either way....
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 12 February 2016 1:44:53 AM
Dear Suse,

Well to a degree you could call my situation "luck", yet there are enough examples of people who did earn money in their lives which could have carried them through, but instead spent all they earned rather than saved it for a rainy day. This would include extravagant life-styles, excessive travelling, drinking, gambling and yes, also bringing children into this world when they cannot really afford it. For each child you bring, you should realistically set aside around $1M to pay for their food, shelter, clothing, health, education, etc. In fact, before planning to have a child you should set aside about $2M in case you get twins or a handicapped child. If you don't have it, then you should not bring children to the world in the hope that others will provide for them.

Well, I'm not confident that absolutely "no one 'chooses' to go into a home", I know some who did and when I go to nursing homes I do see some happy faces (here and there), but assuming that's the case, how can you support a body of people (yes, the state) that incarcerates innocent old people in a place where nobody (according to you) wants to be, rather than allowing them to undergo the most natural process of dying?

I am watching with interest your interaction with Big Nana:

What you describe is how children suffer at the hands of their peers, essentially because they were socially-labelled according to their genitals as "boys" or "girls". The problem is that society placed such importance on gender/sexuality to begin with that now those who do not meet these arbitrary expectations are suffering. The solution is to stop making a big deal of gender and the judgement of people accordingly rather than reinforcing that judgement by telling children "yes, it's very important, you should change your body so that others will accept you".
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 12 February 2016 8:46:06 AM
//Toni, quite frankly I probably have more Professional health experience than any primary school teacher is likely to have.//

That's nice, dear. I probably have more experience in a chemical laboratory, and more training in science than most primary school teachers. As such, I know that some the stuff young kids get taught as scientific fact is baloney. Take the atom for example: you probably thinks it looks a bit like a miniature solar system - nucleus at the centre and the electrons whizzing around in orbit like planets. It's rubbish. Atoms are nothing like that.

But just because I know more about quantum mechanics than the average primary school teacher doesn't mean I'm going to march down to my local school and harangue them for teaching scientific inaccuracies to children, because whilst I know lots about science I know bugger all about teaching it to small children. Maybe presenting an inaccurate but simplified description of the atom is the best approach when teaching small kids - I don't know, I'm not a teacher. Having a good knowledge in a particular field doesn't necessarily mean you'll be able to teach it well: you also have to know how to teach. Teachers do. You don't.

If I had problems with my wiring I'd get an electrician to sort it out rather than a plumber. If my car broke down, I'd get a mechanic to repair it rather than a plumber. If I had a health complaint I'd want it diagnosed and treated by a doctor rather than a school teacher. And if I had kids that I wanted to receive a decent education, I'd want them to be taught by a school teacher rather than a dental hygienist.

//People are born either male or female. And they have the DNA and chromosomes and hormones to prove it.//

Really? Since you have a medical background, could you explain in simple English what the following mean? Ta.
* 46,XX DSD
* 46,XY DSD
* Ovotesticular DSD
* 46,XX testicular DSD
* 46,XY complete gonadal dysgenesis.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 12 February 2016 10:24:14 AM
Yeah Toni has faith in the 'experts' in the schools. How lovely to be so ignorantly blind.
Posted by runner, Friday, 12 February 2016 10:38:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy