The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > NSW Labor draws fire over junket trips to Israel > Comments

NSW Labor draws fire over junket trips to Israel : Comments

By George Browning, published 9/2/2016

AIJAC is a well-resourced right-wing lobby group that in 2003 led the charge against the Sydney Peace Foundation for daring to award a peace prize to Palestinian activist.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Joe, the quote from Voltaire was from me, not 'Paul' whoever that might be. I used it to refer to Israel. There are a number of factual errors in your letter, but I would exceed the space limit discussing them all.

I highly recommend a brand new article by Philip Giraldi. He is the editor of the American Conservative and a former CIA agent. Not your typical leftie! His article is entitled "Israel's International Conspiracy". It can be found at the Unz Review, www.unz.com published on 9 February 2016. There is a very useful link in the article to another article that discusses the situation specifically in Australia.

Look also at Australia's voting record in the UN on all questions relating to Israel/Palestine in the past decades. We are generally in a minority of about 6 or 7 in supporting that appalling racist and violent criminal regime. All adjectives carefully chosen.
Posted by James O'Neill, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 5:11:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi James,

Voltaire, you, sorry.

Giraldi is not your typical Conservative either. He cites Seymour Hirsch approvingly, and quite properly. So I'm not sure what you're implying.

'Appallingly racist and violent regime' ? Compared to what ?

Questions: Should Israelis be pushed into the sea ? Should Israel not exist ? Is that your point ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 5:32:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm not sure if their pros outweigh their cons, that is to say I'm not sure if all the good the best of them have achieved makes up for all the bad the worst of them has committed...

No tru-blue self respecting aussie bloke would use those words, and the fact you do makes it all the more confusing??
But oh well I guess were a diverse bunch nowadays and the lucky country went down the 's' bend some time back.
People like yourself probably watered us down.

>>To recognise Palestine currently, means to recognise the boundaries that it claims for itself - unless, of course, one stipulates that that is not the case - so to 'recognise' Palestine currently means to recognise their right to push five million Israelis into the sea, as they proclaim they intend to do if they had half a chance.<<

No that's not my position - you could say the exact same thing about Israel.
Why don't they state their borders they're the occupier?
- Because they want the WHOLE CAKE. Derrr

I no I don't support Jews being pushed into the sea, but it doesn't mean I don't think quite a few of em deserve a good kick up the proverbial.

I knew you were bias, and now I definitely don't think you're really aussie at heart even though maybe you technically are.

I bet you'd love one of those free Israel trips.
I reckon we should all chip in like the good aussies we are to get you a one way ticket
It'll be like going home for you.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 5:33:17 PM
Hi Joe. No, I do not support pushing Israelis or anyone else into the sea. Part of the problem is that people insist on presenting the issue in terms of false alternatives.
Neither do I support the so-called "two state solution" that the Australian government persists in supporting. That is simply (a) a refusal to recognise the realities; and (b) fundamentally a stalling tactic designed to do nothing while the Israelis continue to steal Palestinian land.
The only viable solution that I can see is one secular state with all its residents having equal rights. That may be fanciful, but the alternative, which is a continuation of the status quo, is even worse in the long run.
Posted by James O'Neill, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 5:42:18 PM
Hi Couchpotato,

Israel has offered recognition to Palestine several times since 1990, on the basis of the current borders between Israel and the west Bank-Gaza. They evacuated Gaza as a show of goodwill, isn't that so ? How did that turn out ?

I'm a true-blue Aussie, originally from Sydney, with at least eight convict ancestors, one from Bermuda and one who was transported twice. All thieves, none of them murderers. I suppose you can't get much more Aussie than that.

I don't have any great desire to visit Israel, but I do think they are as entitled as any other population to live within secure borders. No, I don't support the notion of Eretz Israel, just one country within secure borders and living at peace with its neighbours. After all, Judaism is a religion of peace.

Make of that what you like.

Shalom, Couchpotato,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 5:50:37 PM
Yes Israeli's are entitled to live within secure borders but they have never said what they are. Why? Because they want the lot! The ONLY solution is Palisrael. One state for all its people with equal rights whether no matter what your religion.
Posted by Fahey, Wednesday, 10 February 2016 6:10:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy