The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The law is an ass > Comments

The law is an ass : Comments

By Michael Jensen, published 5/2/2016

The government, quite rightly, has allowed some from Nauru to come to Australia for medical treatment and for childbirth. This was the only just and humane thing to do, and it was done.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
The problem with the likes of this author is his failure to think about the consequence of his actions other than on the immediate people concerned.
We saw what happened last time we softened our approach to asylum seekers. A massive influx which if allowed to continue would have fundamentally changed the nature of Australian society.
we saw what happened when Angela Merkel rolled out the red carpet to refugees. Germany absolutely flooded with people who are not German. This will result in a serious backlash whereby the western world will no longer provide refuge at all.
As much as I feel compassion for displaced people, I feel my own primary responsibility lies in handing on to the next generation of Australians (my children) a country at least as good as the one I grew up in. This means retaining our cultural values and norms. This cannot be achieved with unrestrained immigration of people who do not share these values or norms. we only need to look to the events in Cologne on new years eve to see what happens when political correctness blinds us to the cultural differences which exist in the real world.
Posted by Rhys Jones, Friday, 5 February 2016 1:49:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why not let this poor people stay here in Australia is it not the Christian thing to do. This is big country plenty of space for many people to live in peace and in safe place, so why not let everyone stay here if they want to.

Australian govenment let me and my family to life here now so why not these other people who are to scareed to live in there original country live here in safe place. I don't understad why not.
Posted by misanthrope, Friday, 5 February 2016 1:53:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Misanthrope says "Why not let everyone come here?"
Because if we do it will not be just these few dozen. It will be literally millions of people who do not share our culture or values. We will have ethnic enclaves where the people do not consider themselves Australians, and eventually religious wars. We will not be able to provide health care or education for our own people. Then this country which our ancestors have worked so hard to create will become a living hell, just like the places they have come from.
there is nothing wrong with providing asylum for some people, provided that does not destroy the country for our own children. So carefully managed immigration is the only reasonable approach. We are not responsible for all the misery in the world. We can only ensure that our own country is a good and decent place to live and raise a family.
Posted by Rhys Jones, Friday, 5 February 2016 2:20:39 PM
The author should be well aware the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Australia learnt this when 1200+ people died due to the bleeding hearts, and Merkel is busy learning this now as Germans get ready to toss her out of office.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 5 February 2016 2:40:45 PM
My pet hate even worse than vicars who ignore their churches paedophiles are lawyers. Let's disallow lawyers from the process.
The refugee can make their own case after being told one lie and you are out for good. They all lie so none will get in.
Then we can concentrate on a proper immigration process and yes block peoples who history has shown are not in Australia's interest. In NSW there is a Middle East Organised Crime Squad, what does that tell you?
Posted by JBowyer, Friday, 5 February 2016 2:52:48 PM
The Churches and Charities want them here for 1 reason they get millions of dollars to look after them from the Government.

A side benefit is it allows the Government to hide the real cost of refugees. A least this Government has the guts to send them away not like Dudd and Dillard.

If they stay the others will know they can do the same.
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 5 February 2016 3:24:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy