The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > God has a human face > Comments

God has a human face : Comments

By Peter Sellick, published 21/12/2015

While it is popular to say, in an intended peace-making turn, that Christianity, and Islam believe in the one God, it is apparent from close inspection that this is not true.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All
Yep there are some areas that require faith when following Christ. Not nearly as much though as the idiotic secularist dogmas which have created massive problems in society and leave the secularist dumb enough to ask why. After destroying the natural family unit they wonder why we have so much domestic violence, teen suicide, rape, murder etc. Oh that's right more money will solve these problems just ask the indigeneous. Secularist are unable to comprehend what the Koran says so are hopelessly clueless to the bible. Instead they have fools lecturing who can't even keep a marriage vow. Oh that's right the dogma means no absolutes unless being used to criticise someone they hate. Secularist are experts at twisting words and are blind enough to think they are rational. Just look at the girls on the abc spewing out their hatred and you will know what I mean.
Posted by runner, Monday, 21 December 2015 4:16:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well it beats the 7 hells of Islam. You don't want the virgins and wine in heaven no. 3 ? Or maybe 5 , but Jesus in is no. 4 they say.
Islam rocks if your stomach, liver and genitals don't wear out.
Posted by nicknamenick, Monday, 21 December 2015 4:18:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi runner,

Perhaps you could be partially right, but I'm sure there are atheists like me who are passionately interested in this world and how to improve it for the most down-trodden, how to relieve misery, without doing any further damage or sacrificing innocent people to some lofty goal. Some of us secularists like people, I have to say I get a kick out of just watching people, especially women, nature's most wonderful creation, and seeing people enjoying each other's company and hearing the laughter of children.

I don't want to do anybody any harm, unless they want to harm me: I'm not so sure about turning the other cheek, runner. But most certainly, religious principles which counsel restraint are vastly superior to those others which demand revenge, brutal retaliation, even for imagined wrongs, and whose god has been constructed as some sort of sadistic pervert - which says a great deal about that religion and its total lack of genuine morality, in its lust for power.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 21 December 2015 4:29:17 PM
//God has a human face//

So does Odin. Why don't your worship Odin, Peter?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 21 December 2015 5:38:30 PM
What you seem to be saying Loudmouth is that you agree with the golden rule do unto others as you would want done to you. This was a very foreign concept before Jesus spoke these words. The further we have got away from His influence and teachings as a society the more self centred, irrational and violent we have become. Call me old fashioned or what but I loved this country when you could leave your doors unlocked, the local coppers would boot you up the a** when you misbehaved and you were not afraid to stop and help a broken down motorist. And yes it was great when women were women and men men. Now many women see themselves as perpetual vicitms and many men are by and large effeminate. The world being created now by secularism is doomed for failure and islamist know it. The great void created by secularism is being filled with violent groups from the left and right. I have several drug families in my street. How about u?
Posted by runner, Monday, 21 December 2015 6:00:33 PM
Peter: //God has a human face//

Does it. Wasn't it Hemingway that said that, "Man created God in his own image." This I believe. To believe that God looks or is human is the height of arrogance.

Except if you are Hindu, then God can be an Elephant, Cow, Monkey, Snake & some girly/guy that held his breath too long & turned blue.

runner: idiotic secularist dogmas which have created massive problems in society.

Now that's what I call arrogance. To believe all the Worlds ill are caused by Secularists. Last time I looked & from my reading of History, I find that all the Worlds ills have been caused by Religionists of one kind or another. Nothing has changed. All religions are crying peace while bashing the living daylights out of one another.

Religion is like looking for a black cat that isn't there, in a dark room & crying, "I've found it."
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 21 December 2015 6:07:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. All