The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Paying the problem: Australia and the people smuggling industry > Comments

Paying the problem: Australia and the people smuggling industry : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 2/11/2015

Nothing can get away from the fact that markets to move people find form when regulations restricting movement exist. As borders tighten, the market for people smugglers improves.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All
My concern (for us Aussies) being this person Hizab ut-Tahir is allowed to continue his rantings in a public forum whereby he claims "The government targets the Muslim community under the guise of counter-terrorism policy, seeking to mould the community in the way it wants - a way unacceptable to Muslims". What the?

To me (as an Aussie) this is soooooo extremely offensive. I note meeting (from TV) showed young men and women listening to his "message".?

These people go home with a certain "mindset" as they believe in his speech/spiel. These families obviously have children.

What message is being imparted upon their children (our future generation/s) as to their/any assimilation with western culture in Australia, when parents are listening to such above spiel from
Posted by SAINTS, Thursday, 5 November 2015 1:39:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
continued

I wish to acknowledge some "positives" for Muslim children enjoying Australia culture.

The Canterbury Express November 3 2015 - Girls from the Al Noori Muslim School are showing there are no barriers in sport. Al Noori physical education teacher and girls sports co-ordinator Samira Mustapha said it was a chance for the girls to take up competitive sports.

She said there was a "common stereotype" that Muslim girls did not like playing sports. They haven't always had the opportunity or platform Ms Mustapha said.

"It's really about showing there are no barriers. Sport doesn't target a particular language or background. It doesn't matter where you come from. Just my point. Congrats to the girls.
Posted by SAINTS, Thursday, 5 November 2015 1:57:25 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LEGO,

Could you link me to the article that you have taken your AIC quote from please? I've tried my darnedest to find it but cannot find anything on the AIC's website - with or without quotation marks.

I don't mean to sound like I don't trust your quotes, it's just that I don't trust them given how goddamn unreliable they've been in the past.

Thanks.

It's funny too that a conservative like yourself would refer to an organisation that is apparently working towards the New World Order though. o sung wu spent decades in the NSW police service and even he thinks that the measly $10 million per year spent on the AIC - that makes the police services around the country hundreds of millions of dollars a year more efficient - would be better wasted on more police resources that didn't know what to do with the extra staff and shift hours because they had no-one who knew where to allocated the additional resources.
Posted by AJ Philips, Saturday, 7 November 2015 1:07:51 AM
"Australians" are "Bogans" and 'the Great Unwashed", Peter King?

Gee, that's funny. If I was to call immigrants "wogs", I am sure that you and your comrades would be hopping about in self righteous apoplexy, and calling me a "racist!"

Thank you, thank you, Peter King.

I was once a young, left wing internationalist humanitarian like your good self. But it was exactly this kind of contradiction which made me reconsider the whole left wing humanitarian ideal, and got me thinking straight. You can't call Australians "racist" if you call white Australians a racist name. My teachers at school could not train me to spot racism everywhere, and then not see it for myself in the very so called "anti racist" ideology that they were trying to shove down my throat.

It eventually became clear to me, that "anti racists" like yourself are very racist against white people. Anything that ever went wrong in the world could be blamed on white people, with a little pushing and shoving of the facts. White people were damned if they did, and damned if the didn't.

In addition, those university types who never stopped preaching about the equality, were the very ones looking down their noses at me. The contradictions, double standards, outright racism, half truths, and worse, from the multicultural left, got too much for me, Peter. I reached the tipping point, became objective, and realised that I had been worshipping a false God.

You are claiming without attribution that immigrants have only a 2% higher rate of offending than those contemptible Australian "Bogans." Please display to all of us how you obtained that figure. I know that you will not do so, because it is all a load of crap. Failure to do so will simply reinforce my opinion that you and your friends already know that you are wrong, but like every other rabid idealist, you see nothing wrong in lying to defend your bankrupt World Saving ideology.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 8 November 2015 6:18:09 AM
Hi AJ. Sorry, I missed seeing your post and I only just realised that it was there.

I have a database which mainly consists of articles copied from newspapers. If I see something significant, I copy it into my file, along with an attribution. Attributions are important because I often get asked where I got the information from. Unfortunately, I did not write down where I got that one from.

I think I remember writing it down because it contradicted the AIC white wash about ethnic related crime. The AIC gets a couple of criminologists to write up a paper on some specific item of crime. Sometimes they get a team who are spot on. And sometimes they get a team who are politically correct and who are not averse to decorating the truth. the AIC put out a paper on ethnic related crime and it was the biggest bunch of BS I have read for a long time. They tried to say that it ethnic crime not exist, that it was a figment of the public's imagination, that it was all caused by media sensationalism, and anyway, even if there is a bit of ethnic related crime, we must remember that the poor ethnic criminals who rape, rob and bash Aussies are suffering from trauma because many of them were refugees.

I presume the quote I gave was from another team who were more concerned with objective truth than with inconvenient truths which found the holy orthodoxy of multiculturalism wanting.

And I hope you read 'the Australian" newspaper last week. It seems that NSW's prisons are bursting at the seams again. When I read it, I thought about you and your claim that crime in Australia was decreasing.

Oh, and I am not a conservative, I am a social progressive. You are the conservative, who is trying to prop up a failed ideology of left wing, multicultural humanitarianism, which is now the official state religion. Heretics get hauled before the Anti Discrimination Boards and shown the instruments of torture. The times, they are, a changin', AJ.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 8 November 2015 8:15:33 PM
LEGO,

So in other words, you invented the quote. Or you seriously twisted it before posting it, because you can’t (or won’t) provide the original.

Instead, you pretend that there are honest criminologists and dishonest criminologists. It’s only the honest ones that agree with your uneducated and over-simplistic understanding of certain situations, of course. Other than that. you have no criterion by which you make such evaluations.

<<They tried to say that it ethnic crime not exist, that it was a figment of the public's imagination>>

Yeah, I already called you to account with that crock of steaming, bubbling pile of… and you couldn’t support it back then either (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=17534#310813).

No, you’re happy to just lie and conveniently forget the links that support those lies despite having years-old links to unreliable newspaper articles (they’re all unreliable, by the way - It has nothing to do with what side of the political divide they support, which is why I rarely link to them).

<<It seems that NSW's prisons are bursting at the seams again. When I read it, I thought about you and your claim that crime in Australia was decreasing.>>

Oh, I was going to get into this here: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=17534#310115. You didn’t seem interested, though. Funnily enough.

It’s ironic though, isn’t it? That you would argue for increasing in crime rates while prisons are filling. Did it ever occur to you that that may be why the crime rate’s going down? It’s not, of course. But we can discuss the actual reasons now if you’d like? You seem to forget, too, that I debunked your, ‘crime is rising’ assumption before (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=17534#310813).

You’re a persistent fellow, LEGO. Not very bright, but persistent. I’ll give you that.
Posted by AJ Philips, Tuesday, 17 November 2015 1:32:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy