The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Whither Catholicism? > Comments

Whither Catholicism? : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 23/10/2015

Anthony Fisher, Roman Catholic Archbishop of Sydney suggested

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Yuyutsu, I think you may feel better living alone on a deserted island.
Mind you, you would have no one to rely on for providing your internet connection...
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 26 October 2015 10:44:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suse,

I don't see any great mental troubles if a couple of homosexuals are first cousins and decide to live as a couple, the rest of the family would probably be happy that they were keeping it in the family.

Likewise what's wrong with a fifty year old woman having a bit of a romp with her seventy year old dad?

Providing that there is no coercion and his pills are handy.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 26 October 2015 12:33:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Suse,

I didn't miss anything when I grew up without the internet, then I used it in the 1980's, long before it was named "internet" and once I retire and no longer need the internet for my work I will be more than happy to be rid of it.

Now give me an island...
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 26 October 2015 2:28:30 PM
Is Mise, you are certainly tenacious.
As for homosexual incest, it doesn't really matter how they have sex, it is really just the fact they are closely related that it is called incest.
Why not discuss your very liberal thoughts with your priest and ask what he thinks?
I say again, incest is illegal, so all your mad arguments are for nothing.
Posted by Suseonline, Tuesday, 27 October 2015 12:25:45 AM
Suse,

Of course it is illegal, that's what is so ridiculous in many cases.

I knew a woman who regularly made love to her father, so that was incest and punishable by law, but her father initiated it because he thought that she was her mother.
The old bloke was suffering from dementia and had lost most of his grip on reality,; she was in her fifties, widowed, and after her initial surprise and his perplexity and unhappiness at her rejection, decided to go along with it.
She said that making him happy was a rewarding experience and it only ended with his untimely death due to complications from a bad fall.

Would you have charged her under the law?
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 27 October 2015 8:15:15 AM
Wikipedia tells us that the swing to the right has also taken place with Catholics in the United States. “From the 1930s to the 1950s Catholics formed a core part of the New Deal Coalition, with overlapping memberships in the Church, labor unions, big city machines, and the working class, all of which promoted liberal policy positions in domestic affairs and anti-communism during the Cold War. Since the election of a Catholic President in 1960, Catholics have split about 50-50 between the two major parties in national elections. With the decline of unions and big city machines, and with upward mobility into the middle classes, Catholics have drifted away from liberalism and toward conservatism on economic issues (such as taxes).”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_politics_in_the_United_States
Posted by PeterBo, Tuesday, 27 October 2015 12:17:37 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy