The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The ethics of a murder suicide > Comments

The ethics of a murder suicide : Comments

By Peter Bowden, published 16/10/2015

Geoff Hunt primarily wanted to kill himself but killed his whole family first because of a twisted belief that he was sparing them pain,a forensic psychologist stated at the inquest.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Imacentristmoderate

Don’t assume that silence means you’re right. I suspect people have given up trying to engage with you because there’s no point.

You don’t provide evidence or arguments to support your claims, you just use hyperbole and abuse. You call a mentally handicapped woman a “feminazi terrorist”, praise the “courage” of a man who murdered his children, and claim to have contemplated murder yourself. You make statements that are inherently devoid of meaning, such as

“there is settled science, proving his brain damaged wife was a domestic, feminazi terrorist”

And

“he was allowed or given NO other option or choice for protecting his children" a well documented scientifically proven fact”.

Of course, you can provide no evidence pointing to these “scientifically proven” facts, because there isn’t any. Not can there be, because these are not the kind of questions science addresses.
Posted by Rhian, Monday, 19 October 2015 3:02:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner,
Sati is so rare among India's 1.252 billion population that when it happens it is big news, the last reference that I can find is in 2008.

Perhaps you have some more up to date news?
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 19 October 2015 6:47:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rhian, 1, the evidence i spoke of had already been provided by the article & commenters on the article like yourself & Suseonline. All i had to do was point out your mistaken interpretations of the evidence already provided.

2, regarding your accusation of emotional commenting on my part. i use a debating tactic called mirroring, which involves mimicking the behaviour of my opponents until they realize the foolishness of their own behaviour.

Is Mise, the practice of Sati goes back almost 1,400 years to the invasion of India by Muslims when Hindu women began committing suicide after their husbands were killed to avoid being gang banged to death.
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 1:00:05 PM
Imacentristostmoderate

1. Still no evidence
2. Who are you mirroring? No-one on this thread except you has resorted to name-calling and insult, except perhaps Suse’s reference to Geoff Hunt as a “coward”. The only “mirroring” you have done is to take ordinary standards of decency and ethics and turned them on their head. So a child-murderer and wife-killer is “innocent” and a courageous hero, his disabled wife a “feminazi terrorist”, and murdering his children was “protecting” them
Posted by Rhian, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 1:59:46 PM
"Is Mise, the practice of Sati goes back almost 1,400 years to the invasion of India by Muslims when Hindu women began committing suicide after their husbands were killed to avoid being gang banged to death"

Where did you get that,imacentristmoderate?

"A description of sati appears in the Greek 1st-century BC historian Diodorus Siculus's account of the war fought in Iran.... Among the fallen was one Ceteus, the commander of Eumenes' Indian soldiers. Diodorus writes that Ceteus had been followed on campaign by his two wives, at his funeral the two wives competed for the honour of joining their husband on the pyre. After the older wife was found to be pregnant, Eumenes' generals ruled in favour of the younger. She was led to the pyre crowned in garlands to the hymns of her kinsfolk. The whole army then marched three times around the pyre before it was lit."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sati_(practice)#Earliest_records

besides which runner was talking about the present day.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 3:08:00 PM
Rhian, 1, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battered_person_syndrome

gee, only 763,000 links to the evidence that you already knew existed

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?ei=gQAmVvyAPOXCmQWFxI3QDQ&ved=0CAUQqS4oAw#q=battered+partner+syndrome

2, every thread i have ever seen on the net involves feminazis being extremely emotional & indecent towards men. i used no derogatory or insulting words at all, just plain simple honesty.

Is Mise, from Hindus, the British did try hard to stamp it out but it began creeping back after independence.
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 7:07:32 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy