The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor needs to tame or expel its corrupt union affiliates > Comments

Labor needs to tame or expel its corrupt union affiliates : Comments

By Graham Young, published 13/10/2015

'History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme,' and in Queensland its meter seems to be 14 years.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All
Graham I don't think there is any "widespread feeling "that's just the way it is". I think everyone wants to remove corruption at all levels of government and industry.

I think it is more to do with people in glass houses shouldn't...
I mean I'm sure your not suggesting that the liberal party is free of corruption so the question begs.

What corruption do you think is happening in the liberal party now Graham? Who is digging into that or what is the liberal party doing to ensure it is open and transparent?

It's all to easy to look like you're just trying to score political points rather then improve government.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Tuesday, 13 October 2015 9:21:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cobber the hound & Graham,

How deep is the rabbit hole? How cavernous is the rabbit warren at the end of the hole? How long have the Bolshevik bunnies been breeding? How many escape holes of plausible deniability have they dug since the Rum Rebellion?

Southern Italian Mafia were doing sly grog in North Queensland almost a century ago & appear to still be active in organized crime.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2015/07/06/4266149.htm

How long & deep is left wing corruption? More importantly is it worse, or more wide spread than right wing corruption? is the % rate of left wing corruption higher than the % rate of right wing corruption?

http://boggoroadgaol.com/reopen-a-mystery-marjorie-norval-1938/

A tale of historical corruption in QLD. The father of an old friend of mine was a "colourful racing identity", raconteur & a "legitimate businessman". He had a still in a shed out the back of one of his businesses, brewing up moonshine rum in Brisbane. if you frequented a pub & asked for rum? you got the hooch. if you asked for Bundy? you still got the hooch as they were refilling used bottles. The grog was delivered to pubs in Brisbane by plain clothes CIB dectectives in unmarked police cars. But when did this happen? 1930s, 40s & 50s when Labor was in power, both Brisbane City council & State Government. i can supply names & addresses to any body writing a book about historical left wing corruption in Queensland.
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Tuesday, 13 October 2015 9:56:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes. Federal Labor is no longer a credible alternative government; it is not credible, period.

By the time of the Hawke and Keating years, I had given up on Labor for good. But no matter that I found these men less than pleasant people, they took their stewardship of the country seriously, and did some good things. I don't believe either would have tolerated what is going on now within Labor. After two of the most incompetent PM's ever, and now a real no-hoper opposition leader mentioned in connection with union corruption, and still spouting expensive, useless policies, they would seem to have run out of chances

I have, in the past, doubted the 'strong leader' concept, believing more in team work. However, I have changed my mind. There are no no leaders in the current Labor party. But, neither have their been any leaders in the Liberal party since John Howard. The Coaltion is
ahead now only because their policies are better than Labor's. But, with a good, straight leader - someone exactly the opposite of the current idiot, Labor could still be a worry to another idiot, Malcolm Turnbull.

The main problem in Australian is a dearth of people capable of leadership.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 13 October 2015 10:21:40 AM
cont... How long have the Trotskyist Termites been munching on the old Queenslanders? Are we in danger of falling through the floor while vegging out in front of the TV? is there corruption of our morals, ethics & principles as well as financial corruption?

https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2010/june/1278471128/martin-krygier/family-intelligence

Does any body believe that all this organized crime magically appeared in Queensland hours after The Newman LNP government was elected in March 2012? Or did it flourish between 1990 & 2011? if your morals were lowered by atheistic leftism? are you more likely to be corrupt than a Christian conservative?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/broadbeach-bikie-brawl-set-for-court-sequel/story-fnn8dlfs-1227219928103

I don't deny that there were corrupt conservative state or local politicians in Queensland between 1958 & 1989 but historically speaking were corrupt communist politicians & public servants more numerous than corrupt conservatives? Have any criminologists or ethicists even asked these questions?
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Tuesday, 13 October 2015 10:49:19 AM
Labor is in the lead of the corruption scandal, not surprising while a Liberal govt; is in power.

Joe had his own ways of doing business. And so did Abbott. The unions are a very necessary evil. If employers were trustworthy there would not be such a demand for unions. Just because the unions fund Labor govt; does not make them part of the union.

Labor being the workers govt; and Liberal being the employers govt; The Liberal govt is subject to multi million $ donations from Business also.

Nothing new there. Unions run their own race, they collect funding from members and other interested businesses. It’s not the members that are up in arms, it’s the opposing liberal party.

The CFMEU was created when a political party wanted fewer unions. This made a gigantic and powerful union. Maybe we are seeing some fruits beginning to ripen. The Unions have worked in favor of some big projects and saved time on the job.

Unions that get no govt; funding need money to survive. And no doubt some savings for business in time spent to complete jobs is worth a donation. Time is money.

Businesses and union get together to work out quotes for large scale jobs, Business wants a clear run when constructing, and workers get continuity of work. It is a better system than the old BLF which had a habit of stopping work after construction had started.

Striking hours dramatically lessoned with the new system of having an agreement in place before construction began. So are those new liberties of a peaceful workplace coming back to bite the union.
This Latest inquiry was a set up by Abbott for his benefit at the next election. With Abbott’s hand picked Judge, even Gillard and Rudd were called upon for questioning, so what did that really have to do with this inquiry.

The enquiry has found bits and pieces and will serve to let it be known that they are not friends with the Liberal side of politics no matter what they save for business or Australia as a nation
Posted by doog, Tuesday, 13 October 2015 11:08:04 AM
Doog,

What demand for unions? unions represent only 18% of the workforce and only 12% in private industry. They represent criminals more than working people.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 15 October 2015 2:20:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy