The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Iraq exacerbates America-Russia standoff on destroying Islamic State > Comments

Iraq exacerbates America-Russia standoff on destroying Islamic State : Comments

By David Singer, published 9/10/2015

America and its 62 nation coalition is becoming increasingly isolated and irrelevant as Russia maintains its airstrikes in Syria

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Precisely Joe Loudmouth

“I could not help myself. It’s the Middle East.” said the Scorpion to the Frog.

Then they both sank into the muddy waters.

see https://danceswithcamels.wordpress.com/fables-and-stories-of-the-middle-east/

:)

Poida
Posted by plantagenet, Sunday, 11 October 2015 11:03:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz
Could be a capital raising exercise. They may have found the remains of a cat.

My vehicle has a synthetic oil these days. What ever that is. The US must have oil to spare, they can’t be worried about keeping it for themselves.

With the world turning away from oil, slowly but surely it can only be a good . Manufacturing of recycled plastic is getting prominent these days. Recycled plastic house framing and bicycle frames are on offer also
Posted by doog, Sunday, 11 October 2015 12:32:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi JF,

Yes, possibly all those Syrians crossing the sea to Europe are just on their annual holidays, nothing to do with Assad, who is doing a bit of renovation while they are away.

Doog, your suggestion that the US just wanted to be friends with Assad's Syria is perhaps a little at odds with the claim that they started the whole Middle east crisis by - for their own evil purposes - urging the Syrian people to rise up and overthrow Assad. B@stards !

But that's the value of having an Enemy like the US who is the Summation of All Evil - they can be accused of everything and it will probably be right. So you go ahead, accuse them of everything and - bingo ! A miracle occurs, and yes, they are guilty of everything.

But the problem with reality, in spite of the craziest suspicions, is that, sooner or later, we'll see. Won't we ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 11 October 2015 3:03:38 PM
Now we all have to hold hands children and be nice. Especially you Joe.

Uncle Vladimir is not going to ALL this trouble for his kindy's national interests alone.

Vladi is generously raising regional tensions to boost world oil prices for everyone.

Increased world oil prices brings together the interests of Russia's oil industry, Saudi Arabia's, other Gulf states', Iran's, Syria's and even the US's mutual benefit - in terms of West Texas crude.

Think of all that extra company tax.

As the pendulum of peace swings benignly into war cutbacks to US military Inc and US arms industries are further forgotten. Defence budgets blossom even in sun blessed Australia.

So lets hold hands bickering children and sing https://youtu.be/QKAolQ0yxIo .

Uncle Poida
xox
Posted by plantagenet, Sunday, 11 October 2015 3:21:20 PM
Just caught up with three days of posts and some threads appear, sometimes inadvertently in the comments.

Joe, what you say about the TOW missiles is also possibly true of ground to air missiles which the US is apparently going to supply to the "moderate" rebels (just like they did in Afghanistan in the 1980s). Professor du Pont? was advocating this on RN Breakfast this morning. This is so gobsmackingly stupid. Do these cretins have the least idea of the implications? I very much doubt it.

Also the comment on oil in the Golan Heights. Does anyone remember that this land is Syria's? It was seized by the Israelis in the 1967 War and they have hung onto it ever since, in defiance of UN resolutions, international law etc etc. The Golan Heights also serves the useful purpose, for the Israelis, as being where their military hospitals treat wounded IS fighters.

Peter, you were much more convincing when you stuck to serious comment. Even when I disagreed there was at least the possibility of a rational discussion.
Posted by James O'Neill, Monday, 12 October 2015 1:03:50 PM
Dear James O'Putin

Where you drool "Peter, you were much more convincing when you stuck to serious comment. Even when I disagreed there was at least the possibility of a rational discussion."

I think I can speak for all mankind on the the occasion of our profound gratitude for your scholarship and serious comments James.

Your total subservience to the Putin line is legendary.

Your insistence that you used to be a serious writer is proven by your refence to exact thread/links of articles you've written. Where are they?
Posted by plantagenet, Monday, 12 October 2015 3:54:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy