The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Iraq exacerbates America-Russia standoff on destroying Islamic State > Comments

Iraq exacerbates America-Russia standoff on destroying Islamic State : Comments

By David Singer, published 9/10/2015

America and its 62 nation coalition is becoming increasingly isolated and irrelevant as Russia maintains its airstrikes in Syria

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Hi James

Truth be told Abbott's decision to fly Australian aircraft directly over Syria to bomb IS targets was unnecessary to the war effort. The decision was more about his last desperate attempts to stay in power by boosting his "I am a warrior in a scary War" political brand.

US intelligence has admitted in quiet forums that it has fewer targets for bombs in Syria. IS has learned to keep a lower profile out of bombs' way.

However Obama, rolling his eyes, could not publically say "no" to Abbott's warlike "help" over Syria.

And yes, Australia's bombing of targets in Syria is illegal in UN law and also other international laws.
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 9 October 2015 1:33:28 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Peter. It is only in the Wizard of Oz that there were good witches and bad witches. To the Russians, to extend the metaphor, they are all just witches and they will kill the lot. I am not sure that the Americans ran out of targets because of "low profile" ISIS. I think the evidence is overwhelming that they had no intention of really going after them at all, any more than the Turks. Another questions for David: how did ISIS manage to transport $3 million of oil across the Turkish border every day, unmolested? One answer may be that the company selling oil on ISIS's behalf just happens to be run by Erdogan's son. A hospital in Turkey that treats wounded ISIS fighters is run by Erdogan's daughter.
Further questions: why has ISIS not attacked Israeli targets? Could it be because ISIS wounded are also being treated in Israeli military hospitals in the Golan Heights? I don't think David Singer would ever want to go there!
Posted by James O'Neill, Friday, 9 October 2015 3:14:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aleksei Mikhailovich Chaly (Russian: born 13 June 1961) is a businessman and formerly de facto mayor of Sevastopol. He declared himself mayor in February 2014.
Putin accepted his legal invitation to move Crimea to the right.
Mr B Obama of Pine Gap submarine missile facility , Northern Territory, accepted Tony "Start the bombs" Abbott's invitation to invite Canberra to Iraqi Sunni in Syria. Malaysian Airlines have not been invited by Kurdish border shifters pending Ukraine fascist invitations to themselves.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 9 October 2015 4:37:01 PM
Dear nicknamenick from Jindavik

Let me correct thee.

The Dad of Aleksei Mikhailovich Chaly (Russian: born 13 June 1961) was, in fact, Raputin B. Bear, Grand Rabbi of Moscow. His girlchild was one Vladimir "Poopsie" Putin.

Yes, the same!! Who after coming out as both Lesbian, Tranzsexual and Jewish is President for Life, Russia, 2600.

Boris "Hotlips" Obama, Commodore, Pine Gap submarine missile facility, is a Myth. It is an artesian boar naval base as any far left troty greeny nose.

Yours

Poida
Head Stool Keeper
Kremlin Monkey House
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 9 October 2015 5:44:49 PM
..........................right.. aha.
IS , Yiddish Shalom. The Knesset Kremlin Krimea Kurdish Khannaka Haka Kack synagogue of Hamas Mossad is putin on the Ritz. Is ISIS as I suspect , a Muslim Mussolini Mitzvah?
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 9 October 2015 6:33:30 PM
Never mind Iraq in the mix, please read this brilliant piece on why the U.S. Has made a mess of it all. Reading this should not be missed:

http://cluborlov.blogspot.com.au/2015/10/the-worlds-silliest-empire.html

I have not laughed so much for a long time, go team USA!
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Saturday, 10 October 2015 2:10:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy