The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The deconstruction of gender > Comments

The deconstruction of gender : Comments

By Babette Francis, published 29/9/2015

The title of my paper is 'The Deconstruction of Gender', but it is really about the deconstruction of reality and what is bordering on a collective insanity.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I'm not surprised by the misfit responses to this post, alluding to "nose out of joint".

So, extrapolating from the information supplied in the article, gay marriage will be, (as all with intelligence presuppose) the tip of the iceberg.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 29 September 2015 4:22:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes! Why not google Right Wing Watch and the Eagle Forum and find out more about (benighted) company that Babette keeps.
Posted by Daffy Duck, Tuesday, 29 September 2015 6:50:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Susieonline

"Jardine, I believe polygamy and bigamy are illegal in Australia, while all the other forms of relationships or sexual orientations are not."

Circular, my dear. The question is whether they should be illegal. According to your reasoning, if homosexuality were illegal as it was for many centuries until recently, there's nothing wrong with that, that's fine to throw people in prison for their sexuality, and you can't see any reason why it should not be illegal, since the government, according to you, has the right to criminalise consensual sexual relationships.

Correct? That's what you're saying, isn't it?

What I want to know is why someone wanting to have more than one spouse is any business of yours?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Tuesday, 29 September 2015 8:50:20 PM
Yeah we know guys when a woman belts a man she thinks she is one.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 29 September 2015 8:51:35 PM
Jardine, you know as well as I do that the practice of polygamy is not a 'sexuality' trait.
You can't be born a polygamist! Some deviant men seem to get off on having several women available for their sexual needs, and usually very young women or girls, so paedophilia is common.

You can grow up in a polygamy household where a religion tells you it is ok (eg as some crazy Mormon's do in the US), but it is a choice, not a sexuality you are born with.
But even in those situations, many of those people leave the church because of that practice.

If ever it was considered for a legal lifestyle ( between consenting adults only) then I would imagine that women marrying several men would have to be made legal as well.
I think it would be awful on so many levels though.
But, it isn't the same as being gay or transgender, and I think you are already bright enough to know that.

Do you want to take the conversation to the next bizarre level now, as most homophobes do, and start discussing animals?
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 30 September 2015 12:39:42 AM
I'm not so much interested in the finer points of the article and the deconstruction of gender. I'm more interested in why we are suddenly being inundated with news stories about gender, transgender, hermaphrodites and all kinds of non-establishment sexualities. Suddenly, out of the blue, same-sex marriage - totally ostracised, ignored and pilloried for decades - mysteriously bursts on the scene with all the most powerful world establishments leap-frogging all over one another to make this all nice and comfy and legal. Transexual toilets have now become a vital part of contemporary discourse.

I'm not opposed to any of this. I just don't know why it's suddenly become flavour of the month. Sexual so-called 'deviancy' has been kept in the basement closet for centuries. Why,suddenly, has it all been dragged into the spotlight?
Posted by Killarney, Wednesday, 30 September 2015 6:00:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy