The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The world in the year 2100 > Comments

The world in the year 2100 : Comments

By Ross Elliott, published 22/9/2015

It might be interesting to see how Australia might look by the year 2100, compared with some of our major trading partners or world powers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I suspect that a good indication of the situation in our only home, planet Earth, is being played out in the Middle East at present.
Welcome to the new world order of continual conflict over land, energy, water, fresh clean air, food and religion.
All caused by continual homo sapiens population growth and rampant overpopulation resulting in Environmental destruction.
It will not improve.
Posted by ateday, Tuesday, 22 September 2015 9:20:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
But ateday, the middle-east battles aren't over resources or drinking water, or clean air. Syria is tearing itself apart over political issues, and the World conflict count isn't showing any clear trend. Down load the conflict barometer: http://www.hiik.de/en/konfliktbarometer/index.html

Increase in medium level conflicts and intra-state perhaps but interstate wars have declined..
Posted by Curmudgeon, Tuesday, 22 September 2015 1:33:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ah that's an easy one to answer ! Australia will be a totally Islamic nation, most probably under sharia law ! I'd bet my pension on that, absolutely !
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 22 September 2015 2:08:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi o sung wu, how are you mate? I hope you are having fun.

I agree with your forecast. I find it really funny that the lefties & our feminists who are in favour of taking in lots from middle east will probably be headless, or not only barefoot & pregnant in the kitchen, but clad in a beautiful black burka while they do it, as a show of gratitude.

It would almost be worth living to a hundred, just to watch the fun.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 22 September 2015 7:50:27 PM
My doc tells me the extremist viruses will win.
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 22 September 2015 9:22:14 PM
And a Good evening to you too HASBEEN...

The whole thing would be hilarious if it wasn't so damn sad ! In the last thirty or so years we've had countless opportunities to; monitor regulate, and properly 'manage' all arrivals from abroad. Therefore allowing the Australian authorities, to correctly identify all arrivals (with or without supporting documentation), appropriately vet, and establish their correct bona fides. In so doing, it would stop most of this Muslim avalanche dead in it's tracks, allowing for a gradual admission of prospective settlers into the country ! And yet we've not done it ! Why I hear you ask ?

Because of this widespread political paralysis we seem to suffer from ? Together with this inexplicable contagion which causes a general malaise amongst all our politicians ? But worst of all, is this insidious political inertia, whenever our leaders are confronted with something they have no idea in which direction they should oppose ? It's as if the whole jolly lot of them, seem caught up in the glare of approaching headlights, and they've no idea what to do ?

Had we possessed a stronger leadership, who recognised the necessity to apply the brakes on any further immigrant arrivals, by boat or otherwise, particularly those from Islamic nations, perhaps we may've been able to curb this inundation ? Instead we're laden with this insipid mob from Canberra, perhaps an earlier more proactive interdiction of these arrivals may've gone some way of preventing this deleterious situation we're confronting now ! Unfortunately it's all too late, so we might as well kiss a our collective arses goodbye !
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 22 September 2015 9:55:33 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am really concerned that Australia will be overrun by Buddhists, as of now there are over 60,000 Buddhists, but only about 50,000 Muslims here, and most frightening of all there are 7600,000 plus people who don't believe in anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Australia
Posted by warmair, Wednesday, 23 September 2015 8:46:17 AM
Thats 7.6 million not 76 million sorry
Posted by warmair, Wednesday, 23 September 2015 8:47:50 AM
"Thats 7.6 million not 76 million sorry"

You just left out a comma, but you are wrong when you say they don't believe in anything, like the Buddhists, they just don't believe there is a God.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Wednesday, 23 September 2015 10:27:21 AM
//I am really concerned that Australia will be overrun by Buddhists, as of now there are over 60,000 Buddhists, but only about 50,000 Muslims here//

I am more frightened of the Jedi, who number over 65,000 and are growing steadily. Can you imagine what it would be like to live in a country run by fanboys, where the watching of Star Trek is banned and the Sith are violently oppressed?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 23 September 2015 10:47:27 AM
What a hoot!
Trying to imagine/predict what the humanly-created world-mummery will look like in 2115.
Why not compare the humanly-created world-mummery of 2015 to that of 1915 - 100 years ago.
Since then everything has speeded up exponentially, especially in the last 15 years. A process of relentless change and innovation driven via the continuous refinement/development of technology, especially micro-electronics.

Meanwhile this essays describes the state of the humanly created world-mummery as it "developed" during and after the two world wars. The second world war completed the process of cultural devastation which began with the first.
http://sacredcamelgardens.com/wordpress/reality-humanity
Posted by Daffy Duck, Wednesday, 23 September 2015 12:42:20 PM
7600,000 plus people who don't believe in anything.
I believe in numeracy and that is not 76 million it's 7.6m. Although how many backpackers overstay their visas heh? 76000 that's 760 million and Chinese house-buyers on top 7.6.60 that's about 076.6 thousand million at 14.5% rise in median shack no more to pay.
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 23 September 2015 1:26:11 PM
nicknamenick

We all make mistakes with spelling etc from time to time due to reading what we think we have written rather what we actually wrote. Unfortunately we can not post edit our posts, so from time to time most of us will make silly errors and I am particularly prone to do so as I am dyslexic.

Purely as a matter of interest, the numbers on the vertical axis of the graphs in the article are not defined, although it is obvious that they should be multiplied by 1000. In fact they are actually saying the population of Australia is 25,000.
Posted by warmair, Wednesday, 23 September 2015 4:50:58 PM
sorry warmair, cheap shot.
Would you believe it wasn't until this year that the Oz head of state could marry a Catholic ? The prejudice was real in employment etc.
No vote for Aboriginals until 50 years ago? 18 year olds were conscripted then for Vietnam with no vote. A friend was killed there by angry men in Canberra.
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 24 September 2015 6:52:28 AM
The shifting population demographic in The United States
Will decide the outcome of Who will have world power.

it will probably be the Mexicans or African Americans who
Will gain control through the ballet box unless the white army
Decides to hold control of American weapons and the economy by waging a civil war rather than hand power over.

Unfortunately if they choose civil war, the leaders might find themselves
tried by their own world war crimes courts.
Oh Dear! the West will have shot itself in the foot again with its
Love and peace,piss weak hippy ideology.

They brainwashed our kids at school with this ideology, instead of teaching them
The realty of what it really takes to survive on this planet. Show weakness and you will
Very quickly be overrun by people who will take everything you have.
History very clear shows this.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 27 September 2015 12:33:14 AM
CHERFUL, even in America people are individuals not racial stereotypes!
Posted by Aidan, Sunday, 27 September 2015 2:19:45 AM
And eighty percent of them are poor, just waiting for the right moment to rebel and the gun laws will be the whole country's downfall.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Sunday, 27 September 2015 11:21:49 PM
No the police have military vehicles which they have used in riots.
The new stealth fighters can stand off rebel positions and launch precision strikes with Cruise back-up and tactical nukes. The new G Ford aircraft carrier is being tested as we speak.
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 29 September 2015 4:47:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy