The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Can Turnbull expand the Liberal constituency? > Comments

Can Turnbull expand the Liberal constituency? : Comments

By Graham Young, published 15/9/2015

Turnbull is a centrist and pragmatist, which means he will struggle to carry the hearts, although he may capture the votes, of the grass roots of the Liberal Party.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
I hope Turnbull does move the Liberals back towards the centre ground, to more humane policies, less secrecy and a more intelligent dialogue with the public and media. He speech last night was promising. Let’s see if he delivers.
Posted by Rhian, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 12:00:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I said in a post yesterday Tony was a great opposition leader a terrible PM.
Let's hope Malcolm who was a terrible opposition leader is a great PM for the countries sake.

Don't worry runner you still have Cory to fawn over.
Posted by Cobber the hound, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 12:39:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We should not overlook the achievement of Julie Bishop, who won the deputy's position 70 votes to 30, much more convincing that Malcolm. And gets to keep her Foreign Minister job when other heads are rolling. Clearly she has appeal to all sides of the Party and a strong mandate. I was hoping for a Bishop - Plibersek election - now wouldn't that stir things up!
Posted by estelles, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 12:53:23 PM
I know exactly how you feel Loudmouth, no one I can vote for.

There is no way I could vote Liberal, now they have proved themselves stupid enough to make the truly disgusting Turnbull their leader. They obviously have no principles, or sense.

No one with a brain could vote for a party who's best choice was Shorten. Hell, he is even worse than Rudd or Gillard.

I wonder if informal will be the highest count of votes in some electorates?

I expect the tribalism of the left will get Labor in at the next election. I will just have to welcome an increase of handout to us now useless citizens. I'll be richer for the next few years, but pretty despairing for my grandkids future.

Actually I suppose none of this matters much, when the Muslim invasion turns from the EU to here, we will end up with an entirely different form of government. That will at least clean out the vipers nest of feminists from the government & bureaucracy.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 1:09:50 PM
Very true Suse

Turnbull has the brains to widen his centrist, middle ground constituency.

In so doing Turnbull can grasp many of the votes currently with hollowman Shorten and Greens who can't govern.

Palmer appears mainly out of the picture since his conservative micro-party imploded.

Some strange Independents or rising Xenophon (mainly with a South Australian power base)?

This disenfranchises many old-bold rogue males who over-populate some forums. Who can they vote for now - except Turnbull?
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 1:23:21 PM
Congratulations to Mr. Turnbull. At last we have a man with a brain at the helm, some substance instead of spin.
David
Posted by VK3AUU, Tuesday, 15 September 2015 1:32:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All