The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > On Iran would you believe 340 rabbis or 200 generals? > Comments

On Iran would you believe 340 rabbis or 200 generals? : Comments

By David Singer, published 7/9/2015

The considered opinion of 200 retired generals and admirals cannot be brushed off with a deafening silence from President Obama – nor can those 340 rabbis.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Toni,
Sorry I didnt reply earlier.. I hit my post maximum.
"What people find objectionable are the ludicrous concerns: the paranoid conspiracy theories."

Yes I did firstly learn more from a conspiracy theory point of view, sorry but thats the way it is.. Though I wouldn't like to think Im taken in by disinfo that easily, I do look things up.

If I'm not so critical of the Palestinians, its because on some level I believe they have a right to resist whilst under occupation, this isn't because I'm a Jew hater, its because I try to accept things for what they genuinely are.

When mentionin the nukes earlier it wasnt because I had an opinion of Israel owning nukes, but of Israel's hypocricy when it points the finger at others.

By all accounts, I understand that Israel was attacked by 7 Arab armies and Ben Gurion feared all the Arabs rising against Israel all at once.

I can understand why Israel felt its security would be enhanced by a nuclear deterrent and to their credit they have never used them.

But they do exert the power of having them and of the US having their backs in the manner they arrogantly go about things.

When I mentioned slave trading it was in more of a historical sense.
But from what I understand slavery and sex slavery does still exist on some level in Israel.

It may seem as thought I'm attempting to demonise, (on some level I guess I am) but this isnt actually what I'm trying to achieve. That is if I'm actually trying to achieve anything other than simply holding an opinion. What I am actually doing is shining a light on Israels bad side, in the hope that common sense, morality and decency will prevail.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 13 September 2015 8:30:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#ybgirp, #armchair critic, #Geoff of Perth, #davidf

Please answer two questions:

1. Do you accept the unanimous verdict of the League of Nations in 1922 and the recommendation of the United Nations in 1947 recognising the right of the Jewish people to reconstitute the Jewish National Home in Palestine.

2. If your answer to 1 is "No": do you agree with the following two statements:

(a) "The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Moslem generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. Neither a single Arab country nor all Arab countries, neither any king or president, nor all the kings and presidents, neither any organization nor all of them, be they Palestinian or Arab, possess the right to do that. Palestine is an Islamic Waqf land consecrated for Moslem generations until Judgement Day" (Hamas Charter)

(b) "The Balfour Declaration, the Mandate for Palestine, and everything that has been based upon them, are deemed null and void." (PLO Covenant)

Please try to keep your replies to "Yes" or "No"
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 13 September 2015 9:31:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh, very droll, Mr Singer. Have you stopped beating your wife? Answer me; Yes or No!
I'll accept the unanimous verdict of the League of Nations in 1922 and the recommendation of the United Nations in 1947 recognising the right of the Jewish people to reconstitute the Jewish National Home in Palestine, when Israel accepts every one of the scores of other UNO recommendations regarding such things as the legal borders they should accept , not building illegal settlements on Palestinian land, not constructing that vile wall on Palestinian land.... Either you accept all the UN recommendations, or you accept none, make up your mind.
Posted by ybgirp, Sunday, 13 September 2015 9:50:05 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear David Singer,

You are not in a law court cross-examining a witness. Those answering you are free to answer you in the way they prefer. I will answer you in my own way.

I am a dual citizen of Australia and the United States. Those are the only countries I have a right to live in. I think separation of religion and state is necessary to have a democracy, and I prefer democracy to other forms of government. The separation is greater in the US than it is in Australia. The separation is greater in Australia than it is in Israel. The lack of separation is so great in Israel that I don't think Israel can reasonably be considered a democracy.

I think no country should differentiate among its citizens on the basis of ethnicity or religion. I don't think that is right even though some international organisation or tribunal may accept it. A Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Buddhist state cannot also be democratic. I prefer living in a democratic country but want to live in peace with other countries whether or not they are democratic.

I have ancestors who have lived in Lithuania, the United States, Belorussia and the United Kingdom. Since I am a Jew I may have had ancestors who lived what is now Israel. I don't think I have a right to live in any country because an ancestor of mine lived there. The only countries I have a right to live are the United States and Australia. As a citizen of the United States I am proud of my president who is interested in peaceful relations with Iran and Cuba in contrast to past hostilities. Neither the United States, Iran nor Cuba is perfect, but it is better to exchange diplomats rather than send in an army.

Like you Obama is also a lawyer, but I prefer a lawyer who is interested in trying to make a more peaceful world to one like you who is interested in winning an argument by legalese. Winning an argument does nothing to make a better world.
Posted by david f, Sunday, 13 September 2015 2:50:00 PM
#ybgirp

I have never beaten my wife but I will never stop beating you until you answer "yes" or "no" to these two questions:

1. Do you accept the unanimous verdict of the League of Nations in 1922 and the recommendation of the United Nations in 1947 recognising the right of the Jewish people to reconstitute the Jewish National Home in Palestine.

2. If your answer to 1 is "No": do you agree with the following two statements:

(a) "The Islamic Resistance Movement believes that the land of Palestine is an Islamic Waqf consecrated for future Moslem generations until Judgement Day. It, or any part of it, should not be squandered: it, or any part of it, should not be given up. Neither a single Arab country nor all Arab countries, neither any king or president, nor all the kings and presidents, neither any organization nor all of them, be they Palestinian or Arab, possess the right to do that. Palestine is an Islamic Waqf land consecrated for Moslem generations until Judgement Day" (Hamas Charter)

(b) "The Balfour Declaration, the Mandate for Palestine, and everything that has been based upon them, are deemed null and void." (PLO Covenant)

How bizarre that you try and condition your accepting decisions made in 1922 and 1947 upon my accepting decisions made many decades after then.

Let's deal with 1922 and 1947 first
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 20 September 2015 1:38:45 PM
#david f

You state:
" Since I am a Jew I may have had ancestors who lived what is now Israel. I don't think I have a right to live in any country because an ancestor of mine lived there."

Wrong.

As a Jew you do indeed have the right to live in Israel because that is the law of the land.

Jews have a legal right to reconstitute the Jewish National Home in former Palestine because that right was unanimously conferred on them by the League of Nations and article 80 of the UN Charter after 400 years of occupation by the Ottoman Empire was ended.

You might not think it was fair that the Arabs got 99.99% and the Jews 0.1% of the liberated Ottoman territories - but that decision vested legal rights in the Jewish people to territory that had been first stripped from them by conquest over 2000 years ago.

It is indeed an amazing revival and resurrection that apparently the Jew-haters simply cannot fathom and will never accept.

I am still waiting for some rational explanation from you or other virulent correspondents as to why. The territory in question is the size of a postage stamp compared to the huge tracts of territory possessed by 21 Arab States with amazing oil-wealth buried thereunder.

The Palestinian Arabs already occupy 78% of the land originally promised to the Jews by the San Remo Conference and Treaty of Sevres in 1920 - and taken away from them by that League of Nations decision two years later. Isn't that a fair enough subdivision? 90 years of struggle for the remaining 22% has led to what? Death and suffering - and more death and suffering - for both Jews and Arabs.

The PLO decision to term this 1922 decision "null and void" has brought the Palestinian Arabs nothing after 51 years of rabid Jew-hating rejectionism. Time they - and you - woke up.
Posted by david singer, Sunday, 20 September 2015 2:31:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy